1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with lagging, glitching and others issues

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 21 Oct 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

Since the update with the maxed agility Battle Bay is lagging and glitching or whatever you want to call it.

According to Rovio the problem is caused by our internet connection. Which might be the problem with some people, but I think that is my problem, because I have Fiber Optic Internet, with 5Ghz Wifi and a stable ping between of 95 - 105.

So, then there are 3 possibilities 4 left:

1. The last 2 updates are 'heavier' and need more computing power, which might be the limiting factor on my device, a Samsung Tab S 10.5".
    2. Problems with certain servers
    3. Android 6 and 7 are the culprit

Please, share you thoughts what you think can cause this problem and also if you experience the same problems. The last couple of days several people complain in the in game chats about lagging, glitching and unregistered hits. So, although many don't have the problem, there are still a considerable group who has.

This is a serious and very annoying problem, so hopefully we can find the answer together which causes it.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 23 Oct 2018
  2. S2C

S2C Member

my phone says its using 8.0 and its still unplayable

JoshW likes this.
  3. Diego go

Diego go New Member

Lo mio es hacia no puedo jugar bien

4. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Anecdotally, I had 3 battles glitching on the iPad Air 2 when at home on WiFi. I would be in the middle of the game when the red triangle would come up and I would be disconnected. Reconnecting doesn't work, have to quit the app and toggle Wifi off/on. No other app will be able to access Wifi/Internet as well until the WiFi is reset.

This does not occur on the iPad Pro nor the XS Max (both devices coincidentally have more memory than the iPad Air 2), so not sure if this is related to a memory issue which results in the lag and/or disconnection.

5. QuickBen

QuickBen New Member

I have an issue where as I upgrade a weapon but the posted damage is not what I receive, I get one point less of damage with my upgrade

6. Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island New Member

Galaxy s7 every game ive played has major lag since update. Wifi ping 48-60. Lag. Mobile 70-80. Lag.

7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Today I heard people complain in the game chat that boats of the enemies are invisible. They can seem them shoot, but they don't see the boats themselves.

8. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

1.) Turrent rotating very slow and confusing when too many ships near.
    2.) Automatically avoid obstacles when using cruise control not working
    3.) Phone over heating.
    4.) Battery draining very fast compared to previous version.
    5.) Suddenly game was lagging and stuck-ng in middle of battle when all are attacking at a time.

9. S2C

S2C Member

This literally happened to me in back to back games in wayward pains. I somehow wasn't able to see a shooter right next to me, but i could see the projectiles coming at me

AVID likes this.
  10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Where do you live? Your distance from the server ( which is apparently in NY or somewhere around there) can affect gameplay

11. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

same problems here.
    lagging, watching the game literally on replay, shots not registering point blank.

Darth Reaper likes this.
  12. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

Wayward pains has invisible boats at least once every 5th match in events. Other maps if too many weapons are fired your direction. Boat lags drastically. And by time you can re aim. 5 to 7 seconds pass. Dead.

Seems event is showing the problems. Hopefully developers are taking good notes and making more fixes

13. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Sent an email regarding target hopping and shots not registering.
    They answered about shots not registering is a problem of lag (surpriseeeeeeee).
    Didn't answer about target hopping though. Completely ignored it.
    Of course the fact that a LOT of people complain about increased lagging AND target hopping after the last few updates does not register with the support team.
    What can I say? People see only what they want to see.

SeaFlapFlap likes this.
  14. Crybto

Crybto New Member

For me i have similar problems with lag, and i heard so many times from devs that lag cause by internet connection.

I have also 100mbit optical fiber with AC 5GHz Wifi and ping is normal 100-150ms.
    I have two years old phone LG G5 with snapdragon 820 chipset and i think that problem is with just optimization to 4-core cpu's.
    I'm using android 8.0.

Also heard that many more ppl who have 4-core cpu's have this lagging problem, because i tested to play with older phone which have 8-core cpu which is not as fast as my cpu.
    It's very bad for rovio to change game so much that our devices wont run it anymore so ppl cant use those devices anymore to play game.

Maybe it's time to give some compensation to those who had those problems.

Flint, found out that some Tab S devices have quad core cpu and some have octa core cpu. which one u have?

SeaFlapFlap and zipperface714 like this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello!

I have an octa core in this one, it is the Samsung Tab S SM-T800 model.

Regards,
    Flint

16. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The last couple of days, especially today the lagging becomes unbearable! Lost battles just because of it.

Sometimes the screen just freezes, it is shaky, glitching, etc. Prior the agility update no problems at all.

Oh and again the camera does not turn again with the ship.

It drives me mad!

It is not my internet, which is stable at 85ms ping today even!!!

Last edited: 27 Oct 2018
    SeaFlapFlap likes this.
  17. Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island New Member

From everything ive seen heard and experienced is that it seems to be android issue. I my self have a galaxy s7. Android 8.0. Ive cleared memory, storage, ive tried wifi 48-55ms no wifi 70-75ms. Doesn't matter. The 20000 games ive played lagged occasionally. But not 8 days straight non stop. So.......

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  18. Jelly Dessert 99

Jelly Dessert 99 New Member

Yeah my game also lags quite often tbh

19. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Is anyone else's game also crashing more often nowadays ? I just tried to battle and the game froze on the matchmaking screen and crashed(ofcourse it's not my first time), I tried to get back but it didn't let me. Hopefully no one reported me.

20. Cleener

Cleener New Member

Just happened today , but game is not keeping up with movement , use both wifi and mobile but no difference will have to fix or customers will leave , what the heck happened