1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Seperating spenders from free players - Battle Bay's future

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fixer Wiseman, 22 Oct 2018.

?

Should spenders have the advantage of having access to stronger boats?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Battle Bay is a business and Rovio will do whatever to make more money

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. NmE

NmE Member

This is ravios business model.
    Week 1
    Introduce a new item.. peeps pay the cost of having the new item.
    —> new event gets you to play more. Watch more adds. (More money again)
    Week two
    Introduce Offers to get the peeps on the fence for new item. (Gatling gun boxes that only had 1/16 chance instead of 1/32 chance[but it was x2 chance for that weapon]) nice word play ravio. Get those kids thinking they had s chance(cough gambling)
    My guess pieces for discount rate around Friday morning. Will only be a chance.

Everyone that doesn’t bite F2P gets the item/ship in a couple of weeks while they play more watching ads.
    ————————————————
    What they should do is give a better model to keep the same for the people willing to pay. But introduce loyalty rewards for doing quests. IE 1000 parts for completing 18 daily quests.

10 weeks or less you get the new ship lvl 1. People play more.

Or hell! Give pieces with watching ads. I would start watching every single 1.
    Also in green crates/epic crates. (F off with the powercells) we all have 1000000 grey ones.

●H€ll-Blad€● likes this.
  2. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

Introducing a new boat is tricky. I got Interceptor in a few days but it’s lvl 13. My other boats are lvl 50. I kinda feel like they should give us the boat at or near the same level as our other boats. I love playing it but with 8k hp it’s comical. With the new weapon buffs I’m dead shortly. Lol. My Defender is 20k hp. Shooter 13k. Speeder 10k. Interceptor...8k wth? Lol I can’t play with it in ranked

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I could see future events being easier to obtain ship pieces .. if you want early access, you pay for it.

I grinded out a L21 interceptor this week and probably would've done more if they didn't change the scoring back to the older only-flag-carriers get coins system

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

but why ? ,why upgrading ships costs more for higher levels if it gets the same amount of HPo_O, I know it is more HP but still ....,

and I was lucky ,I have gotten more (2k pieces) than (700 pieces) :cool:, and some (500 pieces ) too ,but still no lucky 5k:(.

EDIT: lvl 29 now .

Last edited: 24 Oct 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. Iskios

Iskios New Member

BB Captain
    It is sad to see these new shiny ships and not being able to touch them. I agree with all but I wouldn't describe it as a P2W unless you compete for the top 100-200 positions.
    It only gives you the chance to move higher in ranked faster. As far as i am concerned if I meet an interceptor it means I can compete with him, otherwise he would be higher on the ladder.