1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 4.0 "Ships Ahoy!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 18 Oct 2018.

1. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

Yeah that's what I meant. Still thinking it's kind of weird, but maby not. Everyone always complained how everything was so underwhelming or overwhelming. Now everything is roided up (which I love) except defence comes from shield defence perks only. I guess that could make sense. Kind of like adding kevlar plates to your car, IF you want to.

Yes indeed. I love to use caronade now in the ctf event :p.

2. Jayvee

Jayvee New Member

Then why not use the mk7 ships. IMO they're the best looking ones. Or at least be consistent with them, most are 6 and the Defender is 4. Im just a fan of how each player's boat and stats were so unique even noticable in battle. I want it back.
    Still gonna play the game but if the game gets less unique player by player, I'm gonna get bored.

BattleRascal likes this.
  3. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    mk7 were the premium looking ships.i was close to getting them but now there is no chance

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  4. Yakima

Yakima New Member

I was also close to getting the ship mk7,for this I even bought a VIP ,and after the next update shit you killed the desire to play,thank you for it(

5. Yakima

Yakima New Member

Now about half of my guild plays less often often than before update 4.0,because all had a dream,we got the ship MK7, which you idiots killed successfully ,you have no forgivenes...
    s

Svarozic likes this.
  6. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing tremendous increase in number of players online. Nearly everyone has something to be really excited about. This is probably the #1 best update so far. Thanks Devs!

(Any chance we can make CTF a permanent game mode?) :)

7. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Definitely have noticed more players and it seems to have resulted in improved matchmaking in both ranked and event matches. Makes sense as there is a bigger pool to select from.

8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Bet they spend most of their time thinking of update names lol.

Jk

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Is it just me or are CTF events have mass carronade spam?

10. RACK STAR

RACK STAR Member

@developers And moderators

Crazy amount if ship pieces needed to get interceptor and to upgrade from there.
    The current ratio from level 2 thru level 50 is whack. And isn't achievable for regular game play unless massive money is spent
    Yes most people can earn the level 1 boat eventually. But that boat isn't competitive.
    I have played nearly 8 hours a day since event. And only to a level 10 boat
    . Will cut way down during weekdays. I imagine the regular f2p group still has a life. Should we need to play enough that Battle Bay is a job? Please reduce the ship pieces needed. And secondarily for the p2w crew who already bought level 50. Refund some of their money. Make this a fun community ship. ...
    This Pieces experiment. Big fail. Yeah. Your bottom line probably went up....but seriously another thing to collect? Gold, sugar, pearls, weapons, items, power cells, and now ship Pieces???

I am a returned player that was retired. I dig events. And enjoy that u made a new boat. Game seems more fresh. But the p2w hurdle is a big turn off.

Rack Star

Rogue Blueberry and envylife like this.
  11. Smag

Smag Member

The old event rewards better be coming back.. I played for pieces and special perks. When are we seeing those again.. that was worth battling for.

With that said I’m close to getting the new ship but yeah I would rather have the old rewards. I know I’ll pretty much never be able to use the new ship in battle because it’ll be so lower level. Also my other ships that I didn’t level up before update are now completely useless because I always get matched to lvl 40 ships even when I use a level 1 ship with low weapons.. so basically they’ve been rendered useless for me.

12. Spinners71

Actually, this is the only disappointing thing about this update for me. The ship is really hard to get (I play what feels like a lot, and I don't think I'll get 2000 coins before the event ends), but that's not my gripe. I don't mind that it's hard to get. I was shocked and sad to see that leveling it up is different than the other boats. It's not just gold?!? ... ugh ...

The truth is, this boat will not be viable for the majority of players for many months... M A N Y . . . M O N T H S . . . .

Rovio sparked a lot of new and renewed interest in the game, which is great, but I fear it will fade quickly when players realize the new boat was a tease with seemingly no hope for it to be viable any time soon.

Seems like an odd short-sighted decision mixed in with many great long-sighted improvements all throughout the rest of the update.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2018
  13. Smag

Smag Member

Yeah that’s basically what I said above you.. it’ll take too long to level up. But FYI you don’t need 2k coins to get the ship.. you need 10k pieces.. I have 9k pieces from the event so I’m almost there. A couple of my guild mates already have it around lvl 12-15.

RACK STAR likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I calculated it will take 435 hours of grinding to get the Interceptor to L50. Thats 3 months at a full-time job. Now consider additional boats coming..

15. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

At the rate I am getting coins in events (roughly 50/day), I am resigned to the fact that it will take me some time to get the Interceptor, let alone enough ship pieces for upgrades.

16. Spinners71

Care to share your work? Just curious, bc I haven't looked yet

17. envylife

I based it on this.. (I corrected an error, so numbers are less than originally stated)
    • 200,000 Ship Pieces needed (I've also heard 170k) to L50 the Interceptor
    • 4 minutes per match
    • 5 coins per match on average
    • 9600 Ship Pieces per 1000 Coins (100 coin boxes)
    That's 20,833 Coins needed for 200k Ship Pieces, and 1.25 coins per minute (5/4) = 16,667 Minutes = 278 Hours = 7 work weeks
    At 170,000 Ship Pieces it's still 236 Hours, or 6 work weeks.

To be honest I can't see how the Devs would expect players to do this, but the only other choice is to buy the Interceptor outright for $1000 USD. I suppose it is cheaper than losing 1-2 months of work, but that one virtual boat costs as much as all 3 major consoles on the market combined, NIB, with games bundled in. Not to mention there will be more boats coming. These are far from "micro" transactions.

18. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I want to query this. Before the release I was at level 29 with Feelix. For 1 more talent, this would have taken circa 1.9m sugar, 7 days and awarded around 12k exp.

After the release, I had 3 talents at the penultimate stage. To complete these, it's 9 days and a cost of about 5.5m sugar. The exp looks to agree. In reality for me, this is a big step back for what otherwise should have been 1 more talent.

At the higher end of the new talent trees, the sugar cost seems quite significant and the experience far too small. It seems to be an even longer haul to get to 50.

19. envylife

Everyone needs to get used to the fact that progression was slowed across the board by design with the v4.0 release. More talent trees, more boats, less event rewards, etc.

20. Spinners71

More talent trees is a huge step in the right direction. It allows for Rovio to better balance progression. It means there's no more unnecessary conflicts between two legitimately useful choices. It builds a path forward for more items to be more easily introduced in the future. ... many many many benefits! It's only "slower" if you consider total time to get every single tree to max. If you're targeting a few specific things, this is arguably "faster".

More boats. It's not more boats that makes anything slower, it's being required to level through 50 levels now instead of just 7. That's potentially a LOT more gold, which means more grinding, which means more time, which means "slower". BUT!!!!!! It's potentially "faster" if you put it in perspective of achieving your favorite boat with some level of HP. Having all boats start with a much higher base HP means you're stronger earlier. That's a good thing.

Lastly, there's zero evidence that event rewards are slower than before. I think we will see perks, parts, and pieces again. But right now the event is offering ship tokens to get the new awesome boat. It's a grind to get that boat, for sure!... but look man, they're not going to hand it out for free to everyone. I think your analysis above was probably accurate, and it does seem like "too long" to get a max level Interceptor... but maybe that changes.

All in all, I think you're being too pessimistic about several extremely wonderful changes.