1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Add one more slot point for speeder

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SupremeCalamitas, 20 Oct 2018.

?

Agree?

1. Yes, absolutely.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Ehhh... ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutral

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Naw I'm good

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  5. You high brah?

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    so speeder has been nerfed so many times it's amazing. Why not give it some love? Add another slot point. This doesn't seem like much, but this would make more combos available ( such as firebomb and ex cannon), and would improve speeder

Tmfh67401 likes this.
  2. SupremeCalamitas

3. Blitz

Blitz Member

It's not that the speeder's been nerfed but we don't change but others get buffed...

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I think it should've been this way from the beginning, a ship with less slots should have more points to use any combo to make up for lack of firepower. To me that's common sense but what do I know..

5. Blitz

Blitz Member

I get you. I've been playing speeder from the beginning of the game. I wish there was a some kind of previledge such as at least 10% less cooldown time for speeder or something like that. This goes same for the fixer, I guess. While the fixer is the most welcomed unit in the game, their reward is extremely low.

JoshW likes this.
  6. SupremeCalamitas

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Was slaying fools at 3.6k infamy on a 1-1 red speeder(blast blast). Impo all the 2 slot weps are rubbish on speeder. High CD doesn't work well with me. I didn't use excannon even when it was unnerfed.

Ofc, if this were to happen, I'd advise using dual excannons, anyone doing that would totally dominate the battlefield.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Would it really be that much better than dual Blasts? The DPS is about the same.

9. TheAntiSnipe

Well, you're not wrong there lmao. What can I say, the only twoslot cannon in this game is... Well, meh

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  10. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I'll ignore the "every single change in the game is a speeder nerf" part for as long as I can ...

But, having the chance to use a proper blast cannon for the first time, I love it. The cooldown, the speed, the accuracy, the range, the damage, the cooldown (again) .. it's a huge upgrade over the EC.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Exactly my point! I had this rare t4 excannon way back when friends suggested me to use it(this was prenerf) and the excannon just feels unwieldy on any ship that cannot equip three of them. The dps was good(IS good, I'd say, even now) but damn if excannon is sloooooow. I'd bet it's slower than a fixer's bolt. Blast cannon just FLIES to your opponent. And the CD? Perfect. Just perfect.

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I used to like EC before the nerf. Even when it was weaker than my Blast, I liked it for the splash damage. I don’t think the cooldown nerf really helped to balance it. It just it made it suck on Speeder, but it’s still just as OP as ever on Shooters, that aren’t as handicapped by longer cooldown items.

If anything, I feel it’s less balanced now, because it’s still OP, but only on select ships. At least before the nerf, it was OP for everyone.

Last edited: 21 Oct 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I get almost no unregistered hits with the blast cannon .. and reliable, predictable damage is a huge thing for me.

I'd say 80% of my EC hits on smaller ships moving with any speed aren't counted. I aim for walls against speeders at this point (for 1/3 the damage) or don't waste the EC shot at all. There was a match this event where I fired twice at point blank range for zero damage against a speeder doing a squiggle back and forth motion directly towards me.

If you're fortunate enough (or spend enough money) to get 18 duplicate ECs, it's still not a great option.

You're going to need a flare and probably grenade to combo with it .. and you're a floating duck waiting on cooldowns for half the match.

Against defender teams or fixers with half the team huddled around them, I love the EC .. it hits every time and with splash damage ..

But for the other 99% of matches, I'll take the BC. A triple BC with a firebomb and grenade is hard to beat for pure destruction.

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.
  14. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Might as well remove the concept of slot points while we're at it.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Lmao nooooooo

Shooters with five railguns? No, sir, thank you very much

Aether_Zero likes this.
  16. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I've ran into a guy running 3 rails..T1 leggy, T5 epic and T5 rare... Scared the bejeesus outta me at first, then I realised - the cooldowns made him a sitting duck. Once I got in close, there was nothing he could do except try and hit me for less than 70% of their power, while I unloaded my blasts and swift torp in his face. Very satisfying indeed!

17. TheAntiSnipe

Try five then lmao. I've seen enough Z E T T O N to know what's gonna happen LOLOL

Aether_Zero likes this.
  18. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

A green slot!!!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Ikr, slot points are so 2016...I'm definitely not hoarding big shields for all big shield defender. Also remove turbo so I could have 5 big shields on this bad boy.

2 railgun, 3 EC. Come close to me. I dare ya. :cool:

TheAntiSnipe and Fluid Bait like this.
  20. SupremeCalamitas

Ok then, how bout this also applies to fixer??

Also my t2 epic EC deals 1040 damage. At max I think it was 1650 damage.

So when I finally get another duplicate ( haven't got one in MONTHS but I got a billion rare ones, I scrapped my t3 rare so long ago) I'll get to tier 3. Wait another few months, t4.. wait half a year, t5

RNG has a diff path for me. I do NOT want any green items!!! Fixer can't do anything on it's own! Seriously, in CTF I'm chasing people down in a fixer and my teammates are bumbling around doing nothing. I got nobody to heal, nobody following me..fixer is useless.

Also add one blue slot point to fixer