1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Interceptor Rewards

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kaletheshavage, 19 Oct 2018.

1. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

If you want to get the interceptor asap would it be better to buy the 20 coin boxes or the 100 coin ones?

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I was wondering the same thing.
    Sure the common prize is better for the 100 coin box, but with the 20 coin box you get 5 shots at one of the rarer prizes compared to the 1. Any mathematician want to do the odds / value?

ShipCrusherCz and KINGIVANOV like this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think @YerJokinArnYer already did a spreadsheet.

He said the 20 coin box is slightly better, but only if you factor in the low probability of hitting the 5k prize.

Personally, I’d go for the 100 coin box.

ShipCrusherCz and Ash KOT like this.
  4. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

It depends on how many coins you earn over the 7 days. overall the 100 cost will be better. If you get 1k coins over 7 days you get 10 pulls. If you pull the 100 coin offer 10 times you are garunteed 7k parts. If you get 2 2k pulls that would put you at 9600 parts. On the flip side for 1k coins with the 20 coin pull you are garunteed 3250 parts. If you have a 20% pull rate of the 500 parts you would get a total of 7600 parts. So unless you get really lucky with a 5k pull the 100 coin offer should be better overall.

5. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    The basic facts:
    The 20 coin box has 79% chance of 65 ship pieces, 20% of 500, and 1% of 5000 coins.
    The 100 coin box has a 79% chance of 700 coins, 20% for 2000, and 1% for 5000 coins.

Calculating...

Ok. I’m surprised.
    The average return for buying 5 20 coin boxes is 1006.75 ship pieces, and for buying 1 100 coin box, the average return is 1003.0 ship pieces, so yeah...

Last edited: 20 Oct 2018
  6. rodops

rodops New Member

I did the math.
    The small box gives an average of 200 per box.
    Large box average of 1000 per box.
    So on *average* they are both equal. The difference is the small box has a lot more randomness involved. 25% of the expected value of the small box comes from the 1% chance of getting 5000, vs. only 5% of the EV of the large box.

There is more randomness with the small box so you have a chance of earning 10k much earlier OR much later than if you stick to the large boxes.

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

So bought 2 of the 100 coin ones and got worse prize out of each, 700 pieces each time.

Just bought my first 20 box and nailed the 500pcs first time, so definitely worked in my favour this time, will stick with the 20 boxes I think:D

Nikkie! and RACK STAR like this.
  8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I got 2k from my first (only) 100 coin box

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

RNG in this game hates me, so I can offer no help :D

What's Up Player likes this.
  10. Birddog4

Birddog4 Member

RNG hates me as well spent 600 coins on 20 coin boxes hoping to maybe get lucky and at least get some 500s. But instead I got the 65 parts on all 30 of those spins.

What's Up Player likes this.
  11. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

They have the same average but the 20 coin boxes have a way higher standard deviation. The 100 coin boxes are the safer option, but you could get lucky (or unlucky) with the 20 coin and end up more ahead/behind.

12. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

A guildmate hit the 5k piece on his first draw. I have had no such luck.

13. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I opened three 100 boxes and got 700 in all of them :(

14. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Not much time to play now. So had only 106 coins for today. My first 100 coins box gave me 2000 ship pieces.
    So... F@ck the probability =)))

15. BoatBlaster

BoatBlaster Member

I ground for 1260 coins and got a little over 10k ship pieces. I opened (12x) 100-chests and (3x) 20-chests.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Congrats on the ship. I’m glad to see what is needed to get the ship. I was thinking around 1200 coins to get the ship. My question is how many battles solid it take you to get to 1260 coins?

17. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I' not sure if its been mentioned anywhere yet but it looks like these ship pieces are Interceptor specific. Future new ships will require different pieces...
    Screenshot_20181020-174933.png
    Grinding out tons and tons of ship pieces every time they release a new ship will be tedious and get old very fast.. I hope they take a second look at this system.

18. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Exactly, this time people are still excited enough to grind it out but repeating this every time a new ship arrives (according to video many more could come) will burn people out.

And what about us who would like to play normal battles but we are forced to grind the stupid event mode all week if we want to get the new ship. Having all ships available is pretty much something every player have to have, it's not like event perks where you can just choose to skip it if you don't like the event.

Last edited: 20 Oct 2018
  19. WestKach1p

WestKach1p New Member

Well said

20. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I get the marketing strategy behind why they did it this way but like you said it is very unfair to those who don't like particular events or even events in general.
    They needed new event rewards because the previous ones were causing imbalance in the bay but making the ship pieces event exclusive rewards was in my opinion a bad call. They should make ship pieces obtainable through regular battles as well either as battle rewards or from star crates.
    Personally I'd prefer the star crates since the rewards for those are 99% common/uncommon parts. These parts are still neccessary but adding a chance to obtain ship pieces in addition to the current rewards would give stars value again.

They can still use events for accelerated ship piece gain for those who are willing to grind for them but casual players will be left in the dust without an alternative means to obtain them.
    Another good idea would be to add a percentage boost to parts gained depending on your captain level (similar to gold/sugar battle rewards) this way players at higher levels can level their ship faster to bring it up to par with their infamy.