1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 4.0 "Ships Ahoy!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 18 Oct 2018.

1. Volki70

Volki70 New Member

Thank you very much for this Great Update

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Not as much to gatling gun though right? I thought it ignored defense.

3. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

*Mobile over heating
    *What ever we play waste in this flag event, as only speeders rule the game.
    *No coins even hard work.

Q: without team work does speeder can move the flag...?
    A: No not even, but still getting low coins for hard work. all ships should treat equally.

* Ships stucking at the wall. obstacles option not working after updated.
    *issue with turret rotating, its very slow and confusing the targets when all are near.

Devs plz look into this.

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for the response :)

5. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

Fwiw I really like the new update, it meshes quite well with the previous one. Encouraging to see.

JoshW and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  6. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Noticed that the kill notifications are larger on the XS Max compared to v3.2. Can hardly see when there is a flurry of kills. Hope the text size can be made smaller when the resolution is addressed.

7. TinCanSon

TinCanSon New Member

I could be wrong, but it seems so far that the changes have hurt Defenders. The base health may have been raised 300%, but my total health after all talents, shields, and perks is only about 21% higher than before. Meanwhile, my defence dropped from 67 to 14 (which I have managed to raise to 21 with a perk, but still....), and my speed is only about 3% better than it was. I'm wondering how much of an improvement speeders etc. Have seen in their speed. Because what I've experienced so far is I'm getting hit a LOT more often than before, and with the improvement in weapons damage, that 21% increase in hit points gets peeled off pretty darned fast. I've only survived all the way to the end of a couple of battles since the update, and my W-L record has been pretty bad. I'm quite frustrated, and given how much I've invested in playing a Defender, I'm tempted to leave the game.

8. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

6 out of 10, would consider updating again.
    Liked the old one better

9. Mr'Nobody

Mr'Nobody New Member

another thing

the increase in weapon damage is not linear. I see an epic weapon 50 = legendary weapon 25 (as before). but a legendary weapon 50 (before) = legendary weapon 50 (now). whereas that increases for weapons of infrequent rarity.

- It's good for the mk2 500 infamy that fights against mk6. I know it's a problem they were having and it did not motivate them to continue the game.

- But it's disgusting for battle bay fans who have been playing for 2 years and are paying. the HP increases but the damage is the same ... is not it abnormal?

You can solve the problem in another way. to do a partly matchmaking according to the level of the boats. take into account both infamy, gear score and boat level. So you can linearize the increase in weapon damage.

all players who have paid for legendary weapons feel ripped off .. RIP Banderas ^^.

Attached Files:

10. Ahepic

Ahepic Member

I have 2 questions :
    1 - Are the "ship pieces" we collecting now just for the interceptor ship only, or for any comming ships?

2 - what about the ships shapes from mk to another, are they still on? And if yes what about the interceptor ship! Does it have shapes after leveling it up?

Sorry if there is an answer for this, but i can't read everything here

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t feel ripped off. The change needed to happen. The gap between the weakest and the strongest in the game was far too big.

It is still pretty big. Level 50 versus level 30 is still very one sided.

It’s true that many of us have invested a lot of time and effort and money, to get where we are today. Now, it looks like new people will have it a bit easier. They won’t have to fight their way through all the mk5 seal clubbers in a mk2 with only one gun, like I did.

I don’t begrudge them that. Just because something was hard for us, doesn’t mean we should make it hard for the next lot. That’s like how the cycle of abuse works. Things are better now, that’s a good thing.

JoshW, Reorge, Smag and 3 others like this.
  12. Crybto

Crybto New Member

Anyone else got huge lag after update?

My ping is 123ms and got lag like its over 500+. Never had this much lag. There are some invicible ships, ships are jumping around map.
    Ships are not anymore balanced. Liked old version more than this.

Devs should fix that lag thing asap.
    Tried to play with 3 devices and all got huge lag.

This update released too early they should have tested it much more before releasing.

BattleRascal likes this.
  13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I have never had lag on my devices until this update.
    My ping is always 50 to 55ms and still getting lag.

14. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    game is lagging and battery draing too fast

ShipCrusherCz and Crybto like this.
  15. REAL"

REAL" Member

Don’t killed that 13 ducks. they are cute. Pls let us see them again :rolleyes:

16. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

I knew something would be changed just for trolling, the shield defence got 50% lower, ROFL! Of course, naturally. Increase everything, the dmg input, health, speed, match making, but uh.... DECREASE THE SHIELD DEFENCE BY 50%! Rovio, you're a damn meme :D

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Me as well. For me it's not network lag, it high CPU usage causing battery drain.

18. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

Can I sell my defender and fixer for ship pieces? Both seem pretty pointless lately.

19. Bradle Santos

Bradle Santos New Member

But whyyyyy the poor defender looks like mk5 .is horrible .the rest of the ships have apparence of mk6 and what happened with the defender fix it please I want the mk6 I had with the tire covered by the ship and now is ugly like mk5

20. Smag

Smag Member

I’ve won a bunch and I haven’t used speeder at all.. defender works well and shooter for defense (get coins from returning flag though would be nice if dmg was rewarded more as it doesn’t seem to reward for stopping flag stealers unless you can return it as well.)

But yeah 2k coins is wayy too high requirement hardly anyone is gonna get that. CTF battles take forever and a lot of them result in a draw screwing over both sides.

AVID, envylife and JoshW like this.