1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Shooter's speed capped at 1.5

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sachin Shekhar, 19 Oct 2018.

1. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

Currently, my Shooter's speed is 1.5. I kept upgrading my Turbo, but this 1.5 didn't buzz by even 0.1 points.

Is Shooter's speed capped at 1.5? If yes, is this a new change which came with the recent 4.0 update?

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The maximum on my lvl 47 is 1.5. I’m not sure whether this is a change as I don’t normally run shooter.

Axios likes this.
  3. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Old Mk6 maximum speed was 1.46

Sachin Shekhar likes this.
  4. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    my fixer speed is at 1.5 with epic turbo lvl24.but speed isnt increasing with turbo upgradation

5. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Fixer's maximum speed is 1.5 now,upgrade won't increase speed.

Axios likes this.
  6. Axios

Axios New Member

Now a rare turbo lvl 50 with 3 epic perks is enough.

Epic turbo adds nothing.

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

coming from a guy with T4 epic turbo with 4 epic perks, I wasted a lot of investment...

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yea T4E Turbo is all one seems to need. I have 2 more copies just in case but so far it maxes out all my boats.

9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Yeah, just realized my epic T4 maxes out my speed on all of my ships.
    Could've just had a lower level turbo and still have max speed + lower gear score... :(

10. envylife

Actually my T5R Turbo with only 2 perks maxes out all my boats. In that I don't think an Epic Turbo holds value in this game any longer. Save your Epic cells for other items.

11. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

After all of these changes, turbo and its perks certainly need to be reworked. It has always been broken that you can hit your cap, and then leveling does nothing for you. Perhaps it should just be in the form of % of top speed. So each ship has a base and a cap. So a turbo item will bridge that gap to a certain %. Basically the formula would be

Base Speed + [(Top Speed Cap - Base Speed) * (turbo %)].

Common maxed will be 70%, Uncommon 80%, Rare 90%, Epic 100% and Legendary 110%.

Not sure what to do for perks unless you want to be able to go above the speed cap more. If speed perks were 2% max, it would add a little, but not much.

12. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Yup, my T5 rare (lvl42) turbo with 3 epic perks maxes out my speeder, enfo and shooter! Very happy with that

13. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

My level 1 legendary turbo with epic perk gives me a max speed on all ships. RIP TURBO.

Sachin Shekhar and Aether_Zero like this.
  14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Assuming that turbo perks were the only ones which can be fixed onto a turbo, you'd be correct .
    But I've heard that some players have installed additional hp perks on maxed out turbos (the type you can fit on anything) and so have gained a small amount of extra hp .

15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Here's YSL's profile. Notice the hp perks on the turbo. The more you develop your turbo, the more hp you can gain
    20181019_181358.jpg

16. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    I noticed that as well. I have both t5 rare and t3 epic turbos, I'm wondering if I should scrap the epic or the rare. Probably rare...

17. envylife

Do so at your own risk. As I said, it's the Epic Turbo that currently holds no value in this game.... aside from the ability to hold 1 more HP perk I suppose.

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Previously upgrading a turbo added value in the sense that you could reach max speed without crew training and you could choose the other training option for an additional buff.
    I agree that with no training conflicts turbo has lost a major part of its value but I also expect a change to either speed or turbo. It may have been overlooked while working out the update and could be fixed in the near future.
    Personally I would hold on to your turbos since we don't know what will happen. Either they will changes ships base speed, turbos stats or they will scrap turbo all together like gearlube/rudder and allow us to transmute into a shield or bandage.
    Don't make any hasty decisions that you may soon regret...

19. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Same same, Epic L37 Turbo with 4 epic perks and speed on all boats are maxed out. Not complaining though.

Btw, think I played a CTF event with you yesterday, got rekted by you and you captured the flag once. :)

Ash KOT likes this.
  20. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

My epic T5 lvl 41 turbo does NOT max out speed on my Mk7 defender. As Yerjokin says above, the higher level your turbo, the more flexibility you have for HP or Global dmg increase perks. Not sure of the value of a T5 Legendary turbo however.