1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers. Fixers, gather around, we need to have a talk.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 17 Oct 2018.

1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Spamming a firebomb or dropping a mine doesn't take any attention away from fixing .. but lining up a sniper shot does.

But .. yeah .. keep doing whatever works for you. You're my favorite kind of fixer to play against. If you can see me, that means I can see you .. and I can do a lot more damage.

2. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

And shooters plz do more than 2000 damge when a fixsr spends four minutes keeping you alive I wish I could find the replay I had 4 shooters Heald over 60k did 13k damge had 3 kills and the highest damge shooter did I think 8000 the other 3 under 3000 thank God the other team had no fixer the shooters had max epics and legs and the match AL.let lasted the full 5 minutes got lucky and all my missles hit for last kill

3. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I used to run a carro on my mk5 for this reason (when it was 1 weapon slot). Normally nothing would be in range to hit so no temptation to fire my weapon. Also made speeders go bye bye quickly.

xArrogance likes this.
  4. xArrogance

Smart strat

5. VincentP

VincentP Member

I´m curious about how much time it takes you to shoot a sniper... I think it´s easier and faster than placing the right fire bomb.
    Actually no, I can see you through my team mates targeting you, I am hardly ever in your fire line.... cuz.... of.... positioning.

6. #Executed /•|•\

#Executed /•|•\ Member

I ran a selfish and a dual pulse fixer build. Selfish gets a higher infamy and is more fun to play. That's a fact. However the last 2 updates really killed the build

7. murius

murius New Member

Yes this - pretty spot on... Also don't ask for help if you're across the map, I will send out a help response so that people needing healing can find me quick. Also don't sit in napalm or line of fire thinking that 1 or 2 fixers can just be your life line.

8. murius

murius New Member

I am running dbl pulse until my legendary pulse (900k left) Usually run dbl bolt. I stopped using box's because no one would ever come back and use them, so i felt they were more of a waste. Other than that speeders should circle back around to the fixer for heals, enforcers too. Many misses with bolt as they speed off. I try to lay pulse on defenders and shooters get the bolt but it also depends on who's critical. Tough matches try to stay back behind the pack and not get caught up in close combat fights. Try also to target opposing players to help coordinate attacks.

9. xArrogance

Yeaaaa ...

So, I used both firebomb and sniper in my regular setup pre-4.0. If you're asking how quick and accurate I am with them ... I dunno .. I feel like I'm pretty decent.

I'm number 1 in single-game damage dealt in 2 of the last 4 events .. across the hundreds of thousands of matches and players .. so I'm probably not terrible.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...aling-damage-personal-best.22500/#post-181688

I was also top 5 or 6 overall last season before getting busy the last few days and finishing in 12th .. And some of that was from fleeting with the best (or highest infamy) fixers in the game and some of it was from capitalizing on enemy fixer mistakes ...

But, yeah .. what do I know?

I genuinely hope more fixers start playing like you .. It's too much of a pain having to dealing with enemy fixers that put all their effort into fixing.

10. VincentP

VincentP Member

I think that being a fixer is just more than puting all your effort into fixing, besides lots of times you spend all the game fixing that stupid shooter who dealt 3k damage, sometimes it´s your shot the one that wins the game, you can´t limit your self healing.
    I find that playstyle more dinamic; plus I think I can deal with both responsibilities pretty well, just the fact you do one doesn´t necessarily mean you can´t do the other.

11. cafucito

cafucito New Member

A good example indeed. But thats not the regular result
    Seen better ranked fixers with no duct tape, that doesnt mean they are better thou
    Use a defender for that matter, more HP, more weapons.
    A fixing fixer can be (good ones always are) the difference between losing or winning.
    A selfish one, its just another defender, with less firepower
    Defenders can be top ranked too. Doesnt mean its a good idea

Anyway, everydoby plays as it pleases them. Thats the important thing.

Sewah likes this.
  12. cafucito

cafucito New Member

This is the correct use of a fixer. Finally.
    You are not a nurse, but you have to heal your teammates.
    And never forget to shoot your weapons

13. VincentP

VincentP Member

Otherwise why would you have them, right?

14. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20181018-224101.png
    :cool::p

15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

What you mentioned about speeder... I can't count the number of times I circle back and sit right next to the fixer waiting for heals but instead they continue healing the garbage shooter who can't hit a single target meanwhile I'm dealing 2 or even 3 times the damage that he is. I usually end up taking a mortar to the face that was intended for the fixer lol.
    Nowadays if I see a fixer trying to hit me with a bolt I'll circle back and let him heal me but otherwise I carry on saving my own skin with my speed.
    That being said if I'm desperate for hp I'll do a few drive bys and try to get their attention but it usually doesn't work.

16. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
  17. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

How so?