1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio just Jebaited us

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BasedCarpen, 18 Oct 2018.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

The new interceptor is a pay to play ship.

Jebaited is a term in the gaming world that combines the word "baited" with the last name of CEO Gaming founder Alex Jebailey, who has made a reputation for himself by creating free to play games in order to attract a player base and then transition them to a pay to win model.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/jebaited

2. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Event grants enough ship pieces to buy the ship within 2 or 3 days...

3. BasedCarpen

Wow I was unaware of this fact, I take it back.

Now I feel sorry for the suckers who coughed up 100 bucks to get it a week early

4. FirnenAhead

what i'm worried about is the ship training. If it is upgraded with ship pieces as well, it will be really hard to level up

5. canaglia777

canaglia777 New Member

Yeah well it will be a pain to level it up then.
    Sort of a premium-ish ship...

6. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

These "suckers" pay the wages of the devs and rovio. They are the reason f2p like u and me can still enjoy the game without much paywall.

7. BasedCarpen

I watch ads, without the pool of free to play payers the game does not exist so it's a fine balance catering to us.

8. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

Simplified:
    One Game = 5 min
    Max Edward = 10 coins
    Winrate = 50%
    -> 1 coin = 1 Minute
    You need 4000 coins top get 10000 Ship parts, which ist 66h or 2,6 days pure Playtime

/edit: this is wrong, see next post

Last edited: 19 Oct 2018
  9. FirnenAhead

lol you're wrong, bud. With 2k coins you have guaranteed 19k ship pieces (20x700 + 5k). However, you have a high chance (1/5) of getting 2k pieces instead of 700 pieces each time you spend 100 coins.

On the other hand, several games last less than 5 minutes

10. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    we f2p watch ads.which in turn produces revenue.p2w are countable with fingers but f2p are unlimited

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m not too unhappy about it personally. The interceptor looks kind of OP, so I’m relieved that I won’t be running into too many high-level ones for a while.

Also, while this update has been great, it has also short circuited quite a large portion of the end game for me. Even though I’m level 46, it still would have taken me months to finish off all my crew, and max out my gear. Now, almost everything I use is maxed.

So now I guess building up new ships will be my long term goal.

12. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

I said simplified, which means i assumed you only buy the legendary crate which costs 2000 coins and you get 5000 parts.

13. FirnenAhead

Most important: it is cristal clear that Interceptor won't be the only ship added with this update. I hope they release the next one by halloween :rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. FirnenAhead

but it is impossible to "buy" the legendary crate. The legendary crate opens once you have spent 2k coins

15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Lucky, I wish I had a Max Edward.

16. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

How many matches per day do you think you need to do to unlock the ship? To get up to 2k coins you would need to average 55 matches per day for the event at an average of 6 coins per match. That would be over the full week the event is out. If every match is 5 min that would be 277 min or 4.6 hours of playing per day over 7 days. How do you feel this is achievable over 2-3 days?

17. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Thanks for the trivia on the word “jebaited”
    It’s only 50$ to buy 10k ship-pieces. I’m not sure how good a deal it is to spend 100$ on 2k shipcoins. I’d say it’ll take my 4days to get the ship as f2p, I don’t actually know how much it is to level it up yet though, but that’s just hp.

18. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I have already seen high level Interceptor, just few hours after the release of update.

This seems to be the highest I've seen. I encountered him in just 2 hr of the update release. Lol
    Screenshot_20181018-230209.jpg

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  19. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Funny how when you see anybody talking about Indoraptor builds, you just hear - Dual EC, flare, grenade (sometimes Blast when dual EC isn't an option)..

This fire meta.. better end soon. Thanks.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. FirnenAhead

:confused::confused::confused:

You don't need to complete 2k coins to GET the ship. if you buy 15 100-coin chests you'll complete 10.5k ship pieces. However, the odds are that with 10 of those chests you get 5k ship pieces twice. So you'll probably only need 1k coins to get the ship. And ofc you need to have in mind that some matches don't last 5 minutes.