1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

performance issues

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Splash0rboy3000, 18 Oct 2018.

1. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

Hi there,

after the recent update the game wont perform well on my device (LG G6). Is this device already outdated to run this app? Game feels like 5-10 FPS to me, but i did not do any troubleshooting on it.
    The Phone was Reset to Factory Settings 2 days ago and there are no bloatware apps etc. running. Battery is charged and connection is fine (Wifi)

- Splash0rboy3k

Last edited: 18 Oct 2018
  2. Clark

Clark New Member

I am on an android phone and i cant open it . I have updated and uninstalled the game twice and it still wont work

3. S2C

S2C Member

i'm in the same boat. The game is super choppy and almost unplayable at certain points in the matches

4. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

i swiched to half resolution and deactivated all messages, gamehighlights, names etc. and it still runs with very low fps, sadly to say its not realy playable to me. this phone isn't old yet?!

5. ~Admiral Miruna~

~Admiral Miruna~ New Member

Same problem in Ipad mini

6. voltee

voltee New Member

I also have very slow (10 Hz?) frame rate on a Google Pixel 1st gen. Frame rate was good before the update. Battle Bay is now almost unplayable.

Update 1 on 10/19: I uninstalled Battle Bay app, restarted phone, reinstalled Battle Bay app. No change. Frame rate is slow even main screen when not in battles. Scrolling through guild messages, scrolling through items and opening boxes all have the low frame rate.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2018
  7. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

I tried restarting and will try reinstall. Hope that works, this phone is roughly 1,5y old since first introduction, i looked that it has the best available chip to that time to ensure i am able to play games like battlebay. Any ideas what else to do? Is this forum the right place for issues like this, or is there an other supportline? It is unplayable srsly :(

8. Isr_snt

Isr_snt New Member

Same here, horrible lag, was good before the update, now its not fun to play, even with all the improvements!!! Rovio Please fix it :(

What's Up Player likes this.
  9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I hope you all manage to get sorted and playing again soon.

But I just find the name of this thread funny .It sounds more like a title you'd hear on an Agony Aunt column .:)

Aether_Zero and Ash KOT like this.
  10. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

As a non native speaker its sometimes hard to find the correct words to describe technical problems. Also, its hard to write another language on ur phone if you have autocorrect in your language turned on. But its also funny sometimes, so its OK :D

btw, found out that there is an official thread relating Bugs in the "Announcements" section of this board. I am not sure if this is intended, shouldn't it be in this section here?

11. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

This is still an issue, game runs like shit. Its no fun anymore, i cant aim really and lost a lot of Motivation due to this. I just handed my phone to an old mate to prove that i am not just having the feeling myself its just horrible FPS. Guys i am one of the long time players, i spend money, i collected christmas bells, i still own my first ever epic item. Please help me :( i dont want to have to leave like this, i did spend more Money than i would just to have a phone that has enough power to run battlebay. I dont play Other games and i dont want to leave,but its not playable atm.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I commonly play on a 3GB RAM Snapdragon 800 processor on half resolution, though it may be an Exynos processor, not sure. It does get hairy when there are two many sprites to deal with (Napalm and too many explosions), which commonly causes me to die, but it's mostly ok. Considering your LG G6 has 4GB RAM and a Snapdragon 821 it should be performing at a reasonable level, though its resolution is a little higher than mine. I think you can change resolution on your entire phone, wonder if that might help?

It's a confirmation that your device should be OK, so I recommend opening up a support ticket with Rovio and work with them directly.

13. Splash0rboy3000

Splash0rboy3000 Member

Thanks for the reply. Where can i open a support Ticket? Did not found a link at the faq, Website or ingame