1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Kronimo

Kronimo New Member

The game isn't a contest to see who can do most damage. Try playing more tactically, and babysit/ guard your weaker, or retarded teammates. You'll have better luck.

Lol! Great photo. I think I can speak for most when I say, campers suck, we wish they weren't on our team. However, nether this player nor campers are the reason for the sniper nerf... and certainly won't stop people from inflicting poor ship setups like that on their own team. 95%+ of campers I see have full indirect fire loadouts.. as many mortars as fit, with some mines... but a mortar just got buffed... congratulations, campers, you just got hooked up.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2017
  2. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

Any details about what mk7 ships will be like? @Zeus

3. areson99

areson99 New Member

When you run a mk3 fixer that uses repair pulse, repair box launcher, overboost, and sniper cannon.... Interested to see how strong the fixer bolt is because it looks like I will need to change some things up in order to be worth something to my team. No more reliably dipping in and out of troubled waters to save teammates. Gonna have to sit in the back line and shoot bolts at people.

4. areson99

areson99 New Member

if you are running an all short range cannon set up all you have to do is dive the camper and get right next to him and run circles around him while he struggles to aim his mortar at you.

5. Steven

Steven Active Member

If u wanna nerf the shied make it were u can't shoot out of it....i was saving a shield for higher lvls but if this changes it will prolly be scrapped. Just my 2 cents

Ability6 and HeroicBubbles like this.
  6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Pretty upset about the sniper, it already does less damage than the other cannons, and now it will be worse. The only thing good about it was the range and you deserve to do decent damage if you can hit a moving target so far away.

"Rebalance" mortars next time instead maybe? I don't see why I take more damage at the outer ring of a mortar blast than the amount of damage that I do landing a sniper hit

ThirstySeal likes this.
  7. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

I'am dissapointed nerf for fixer, if pulse too op u can increase his point from 1 to 2, same as shield so people limited their use on both item.

Just upgraded my fixer to mk4... Sigh

And what most important in this game is guild war, lack of them will make people lost interest in this game.

Increase map size and make it 7 vs 7

8. ImmaCerealKillerBay

ImmaCerealKillerBay Member

Killing,Shooting
    It's gonna be better if you add more ships

9. Gallo_Rex

Gallo_Rex Member

Since most enforcers run double shield... i wouldn't complain. What other class but Speeder/enforcer can get a reoccurring 1000 hp buff every 10 seconds? Also... you realize that when anyone actually manages to break a shield our weapons go on cooldown, so we're not doing damage for 10 seconds either. Being stunned for 4 seconds is almost a negligible impact on your play. What it DOES fix is the ability to chain double shield and stun combos forever.... which is good because that really needed a fix.

One request for the devs:

Can you make it it so shielded boats can be auto-targeted, please? Maybe just make the reticle red if it's a shielded 0 damage situation. I find it frustrating that it won't target, and from longer distances cannons won't register a target and always shoot way over the ship. Leading doesn't work either because the shot doesn't track vertically the way a locked target does, and it blows overhead every time. It's still a target, and we're trying to at least do shield damage.... but it's a no-go unless you're right in their face.

Netsa and SHOCK151! like this.
  10. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

U think only mk6 enforcers and speeders with two shields play this game? This fix is unfair in relation to all other layers who can not have two shields on board.
    Fixes should be fair in relation to all players in game. Not mk6 late guys only.

11. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

Aren't the fixer and speeder/enforcer nerfs exactly going to balance the matchmaking everyone's complaining about? Until this it's always been maybe 90 % certain defeat for the team that doesn't have a fixer vs. a team that does.
    I myself am currently playing enforcer with shield, overboost and sniper but I'm not here crying about those changes. Gonna adapt. :rolleyes:

12. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

How we run now as speeder...

11.gif

Then after the release of update here we are now.

cassimrun.gif

BEN, Renier Fourie and SHOCK151! like this.
  13. k406k

k406k Active Member

Just give us a choice of two items that we can choose between when we combine peices to make an item... Pleeeeeaaaasssse

Kronimo likes this.
  14. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I love this idea. So when we combine it gives us an option to pick. But at the same time i dont want people having double the chance at having tier 3 epic big torpedoes haha

Maybe if rovio watches TheWarNet's fixer videos they will consider buffing it.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2017
    SlowSpeeder, Akbar and Kronimo like this.
  15. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

...when is this update supposed to come out, anyway?

aKifer and Amur like this.
  16. Kronimo

Kronimo New Member

I second this idea. Really would be fairer, and make players happier having slightly higher odds of getting something you actually need. Great idea!

17. r4z

r4z Member

not gonna happen, it defeats the freemium bussiness model, they are supposed to be a money sink hidden behind RNG, a change like this won't work with the model

18. k406k

k406k Active Member

It would if it requires pearls to choose the second item...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. r4z

r4z Member

nope, it won't because it would guarantee u get what u want, while with RNG there is no guarantee, you need to keep trying, you need to spend more (money/pearls).

any liniar, predictable outcome it's against this bussiness model.

why wouldn't they allow you to buy items outright? (with gold, perls, real money, you name it)
    You can buy one yes, but you need more of them to make your item better - and that is where the RNG/freemium comes in play.

Look at it this way, today the deal is £49.99 for 7.5k pearls and 5 boxes. With the perls you can buy more boxes, all with an unpredictable outcome and its guaranteed your £50 won't be enough to max-out a single item. So tell me, how much money to max-out an item? How much to max-out all the items for your set-up? And now, add to it the fact your items can be kileld by a nerf.
    Thats feemium for you.
    You think rovio are different from the other money-grabbing companies, but they are not.

Last edited: 24 Jun 2017
  20. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I would rarher have no dumb players in my team, but I prefer a dumb fixer to a dumb shooter.
    That is a flawed business logic. Like saying "I will price this soap at $300 so that I make the most when selling it". It conpletely ignores the fact that people need to buy it. By testing, different prices or shop models, you need to find the most profitable combination between what you charge and what people are willing to spend. For all Rovio knows, reducing the randomisation of weapons could create more willingness to pearl, thus increasing revenue.

Now, I am not saying something that has been suggested will happen, but for sure there is less rigid combination, more profitable combination. It's a matter of whether they are satisfied with the current revenues or they feel they aren't squeezing players as much as they could.