1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers. Fixers, gather around, we need to have a talk.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 17 Oct 2018.

1. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Here's the thing, guys. If you can't aim to save your life? You don't get to use the healing box launcher. I'm sorry, you just don't. You have to have something resembling a human with a functioning brain's-worth of aiming ability. I really think that's only fair. Please, all of you who can't aim (about 90% of you to my experience) go ahead and scrap those launchers and start saving up for a healing item you can actually be slightly useful with. Please and thank you.

2. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Exactly, ductape is the only way, it works 100% of the time you use it

3. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Message received. Going to the Duct side....
    080D573A-9053-4B14-80BD-F4F247610F33.jpeg
    ... and I have the dupes to T5 both.....:p

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Also please stop tailgating that shooter for a second and fix my poor speeder. Over half the time I'm doing more damage than he is.

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  5. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

FWIW, the increased agility is playing havoc with mid/long-distance bolt heals ... I aim for where I think the ship is heading to (from observation) and shoot off the bolt, but i then see the ship veer off suddenly and the bolt misses.

6. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Finally someone understand it.
    Thank you.

7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

If they are veering of it's probably to avoid a torpedo or mortar. Wouldn't you rather miss the bolt and them not take damage rather than them get hit by the bolt and torpedo?

8. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Agree, my shooter miss so many heal bolt n the fixer so frutrfrust for missing the hit and went Rambo mode and die. Sorry:(

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  9. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Also unless you're the one 100% unselfish fixer running triple bolt it's probably a good idea to stick closer to your team to get the full benefits of all your healing items.

Now that I say that I realize with no self healing you definitely want to be close to your team so they can defend you

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    NO DO NOT USE DUCT TAPE

How bout a repair pulse?? Heals you and teammates! Eh? Eh?

De power of speedors commands you.

If you go selfish..

I don't know who you are... or what you want... but I have a special set of skills... skills I have attained over a long career... I will find you... and I will kill you...

I think it went like that lol. Point being: if you go selfish you will be stopped by the T H O T P A T R O L

Nikkie! and Sewah like this.
  11. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

I mean go for it, I myself want to turn to the duct side some day

Sewah, ShipCrusherCz and Ovidmikel like this.
  12. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

The box launchers are better than the bolt if you can’t aim. At least they hang around.

From a fixers point of view.
    Watch the fixer at the start of the battle, most will fire their heal stuff so you can see what they are running.

Together means sticks around for heals. But for the love of god stop being a barnacle. My heal bolt can’t go through you to help anyone else. Your also usually not looking where your going so we both end up getting torped. So be close but not violation of restraining order close.

Protect us and stop with the tunnel vision. I have died to many times beside a shooter that’s to focus on trying to hit something across the map. Yes kill the enemy fixer but you need to keep your own alive first. Also don’t run after speeders. It’s what they want you to do.

There are multiple other people in your team. A fixer will have to decide who to let go. You want some heals then also head for some cover and help yourself for once rather winning the who can collect the most firebombs at once. You may not be aware of it but you may be the sacrifice as your too much of a liability so a bit of cover might buy you enough time for the fixer to reach you on the priority list.

I have more but that’s a start. :D
    After the agility buff I started running a tape. The more I play the more a second tape may be added as it’s becoming more apparent that team work seems to have been patched out with the agility.

13. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Well said my freind

Craigjnoble likes this.
  14. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

To the fixers out there .. a serious tip: don't fire your weapons unless you're fighting off a speeder or all your healing items are on cooldown.

I even see fixers in NML making this mistake .. they're so worried about getting the perfect shot off that they ignore their 3 fixing items and let their team die.

You have a hard enough job tracking your team and staying behind cover .. don't try to be a damage dealer too.

Ovidmikel likes this.
  15. cafucito

cafucito New Member

Never seen a succesful duct tape fixer so far
    Seen many trying, but none doing a good job
    It is called fixer for a reason
    Fix your teammates
    And shoot!!!! You do have a weapon or two. Use them

Those of you who are still under the duct tape spell, get over it . You are letting your team down, and you are not achieving anything

16. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Well bro you missed a good one he made it to around 4500 maybe 4700 infamy you should go to selfish fixer thread in the strategy section and watch some of his views seewahh what was your apprentices name mika da yu

Last edited: 18 Oct 2018
    ShipCrusherCz and Sewah like this.
  17. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Rite on a FIXERS best weapon is the shiny red shooters he keeps alive . most of the time lol

18. VincentP

VincentP Member

Wrong, you´re so wrong, I´ve won so many battles by spamming my epic t5 fire bomb or last hitting with sniper.
    More than once is necessary you last hit the stupid speeder who drives everyone crazy than healing that stupid shooter who can get positioned right in order to not get hit by all the triple torpedos.
    If you are so dependable on getting healed, you´re probably not doing things right.

And you are so so right. Thank you, as a NM - mk6 - 9k gear score fixer, thank you. It´s like NOBODY understands that.

StrictSalmon307 and Sewah like this.
  19. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Sorry I was way off try 5000 infamy I'll argue though selfish fixers is one of the hardest if not the hardest setup to run successful . that guy bad skills he would prolly been good at anyship he showed all his nay sayers for sure

Attached Files:

20. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

F for respect.....we lost a good man.