1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Legendary items in nightmare league are far from being overpowered.
    In fact, a T5 epic beats the hell out of a T1/T2 legendary.
    The differences of say T5 legendary and epic aren't much. And to get to a T5 legendary, buckle up !
    Keep in mind, you gain one additional perk slot too beyond T4.

AND, between the prices asked to get one legendary, it's definitely not worth it and very underpowered.

At low level, sure it's awesome but starting ACE 1 to Nightmare, it's way underpowered.

I myself, am going to full epic route due to being way underpowered.

2. Vil Jr

Vil Jr New Member

Sniper cannon -> I love sniper cannon, but I guess I'm okay with this nerf

Overboost -> it's okay to increace cold down time, but why did you reduce effective time?

Tesla shield -> tesla bolt can deactivate tesla shield with a single hit and now you're going to stun the ship for 4sec?

I guess it's time to stop playing this game

KypBA likes this.
  3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Hi devs! I hope you address the issue in data consumption of the game. It consumes so much data during login and when returning to lobby about >5MB per game. It limits the playing time of players with limited data. Please take a look on it. Thanks!

4. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    And yet you failed to fix the one thing that everybody has been continuously complaining about. The infamy drop come on f*** this game I'm going to delete this s*** over it. Just lost another 500 infamy despite the fact that I'm dealing 6K damage while everybody else is dealing 1K.

5. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Back to gta online. This game really had some potential too. But greed always ruins games like this. Enjoy pay to win players peace out. Sorry to the players who bought all the shit to upgrade your fixer which is now being taken away.

6. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Okay here are my thoughts
    1 I don't understand why sniper and shield are top of the list i would think blast and stun.
    2 Cool new item :)
    3 Like the results screens
    4 Fixer and Enforcer "died today" i think that is an overstatement i don't think they became useless they just died as we know them there are new items and strategies now for these ships.

Kronimo likes this.
  7. Satanas

Satanas New Member

Business Man
    The shooter was already nerfed the last update . Speed decreased

13rafdav likes this.
  8. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Lol so many cry babies. Don't forget to close the door on your way out. Bye!

9. saracollins

saracollins New Member

good riddance...

I hope all the fixers will disappear from the bay. I'd rather have no fixer on my team, than a dumb fixer, who cant even throw a box...

Why is everyone crying about the sniper. its a long distance weapon with fast projectile and insane crit. Comparing it blast cannon is stupid. Blast has higher dmg, but its slow, inaccurate and you often need to get close to hit something.

No more camping behing a rock, while your team risks his life. Its because of people like this, that I'm glad sniper is getting nerfed...
    Screenshot_20170623-033714.png

10. r4z

r4z Member

the same can be said - and more - about mortars, why arent those being nerfed?
    instead they nerf shields - so no close combat...

Last edited: 23 Jun 2017
    Kronimo likes this.
  11. Emilia

Emilia Member

A T5 epic does beat a legendary but do you know how long without paying it takes to get a T5? I started with a whole bunch of T3 epics and rares due to having played for a year and guess what. 1 of mine is now a T4 and it isnt even levelled up yet (oh guess what it is a sniper which got nerfed too :p)
    So for my healer which guess what has T2 and T3 epics I already get slaughtered in 2 hits from legendary weapons

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

In the current shop system around 4 years :)
    [Math based on the assumption that you acquire 1 epic pr week - your mileage may vary]

13. Knight

Knight Member

It will become harder for low level ships with high infamy to fight with those mk7 ships.

14. Ship for Brains

Ship for Brains New Member

Ha!

As an mk5 that still uses an uncommon sniper, you may as well just give me a drinking straw and a wad of toilet paper to go into battle with. Just kidding devs, I still love u guys.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Jun 2017
    Kronimo likes this.
  15. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Hmm.. Buckle up ? :p
    Congrats on your epic ! :)

Every players I see and play against are either t4 or t5 full epic...
    The point is, those who pays A LOT gets very small rewards (legendary weapons) [compared to the prices asked].
    Technically speaking, it's supposed to be a legendary, unbeatable item.
    Add to that, you get 1/4 chance to have a red piece.
    And add on top of that, the outcome of making that weapon and having the same weapon. Near impossible.

A T5 rare is the same as a T1 legendary.
    A T4/5 epic is better than a T1 legendary.
    That's why you don't see much players at high level use legendaries.

Such as a Tesla shield which is there to protect you, not stun you...

Imagine a body armor stuning you instead of protecting from a bullet.

Kronimo likes this.
  16. r4z

r4z Member

changed my 5* review on google play store to 1 *
    If anyone else wants to protest - that's always the way to do it. The forums they can ignore if they wish but the rating on Google Play Store& Apple Store WILL affect them.
    no more money from me, its a slap in the face that my time and money can be so bluntly wasted
    nerfing items that take ages to level-up it's bad practice its bottom line infuriating, the lack of new content is bad, not dealing with the afk-ers is bad - this game is not worth spending money on

Wishaal, Akbar and Mamamyers like this.
  17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Without going into whether I agree with your points or not, Ill just add some clarifications.

In almost every case a lvl 1 legendary outperforms a lvl 50 rare.
    Lvl 10 Legendaries are all stronger than lvl 50 rares. They are not the same.
    ---
    Being a Fixer I can inform you that its not 1/4 chance to get the different pieces, its not even close.
    My assumption is that the odds are 19/34. That comes fairly close to my observed values with making a ton more weapons than anything else.

Epicmonolith and Johnnieday like this.
  18. Gallo_Rex

Gallo_Rex Member

Lots of good points here. I don't mind the sniper nerf... and I use double sniper. I agree that fire/blast and big torp probably needed some looking at first. Nerfing fixer that much seems a bit steep. I don't think I've ever qq-ed in a match about a fixer being op.... more about stupid matchups with 2 nightmare tier fixers. That is almost always a guaranteed loss.... well... always. Haha. I agree with 75% self-heal over 50% as a more reasonable alternative. Speed and tesla shield needed a nerf hardcore. Especially shield. Those who don't agree must not play in Ace1/Nightmare where every game has 6 amazingly geared speeders, and 50% of the game is spent shooting shields and picking which spot you'd like to blow up in. 30% is floating around stunned. 15% is doing bîtchin' donuts, and 5% is actually spent hitting targets for damage.

I encourage people who are upset with the changes to do a few things:

- Play with other ships. It's a fun challenge, and gives you perspective on what in-game issues other ships face.
    - Revise your tactics. Speeders/Enforcers/Fixers can't just sit out in the open anymore. No ship should be able to do that. Christ, I play a 12k hp, 97 defense defender and if I get a little too cocky my ships melts in >5 seconds. (Side note to other defenders: That moment when you're trying to shoot and accidentally pin yourself against a wall in plain view of the entire other team.... "NO! NO! NO! NO!"). Trying to turn and speed out of there is like trying to parallel park a garbage truck using only your feet. Lol.
    - Remind yourself that the world will go on. It's just requires a different mindset and playstyle moving forward. Nothing is supposed to be so good that it's the only reasonable choice, or clear option in every situation
    - Tell your Mother you love her today. She'll appreciate it.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2017
  19. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

Add one perk more to the rare one (epic perk would help greatly) and you get more or less the same.
    I did compare my weapon against someone (same level as me) and we were about the same in damages.

In any case, same damage or a little more, for the money asked, it's not worth it in my opinion.
    If someone were to spend money on a legendary, she/he might as well buy a few epic containers and get a tons of epics and move from there.

Anyway, the point of this topic is the next update and the admins / devs here can read all of our disappointments.
    Some already quit the game. Some will do, myself ? Will see because I've spent a really boat load of $$ into it.
    If not, would have done the same.

Nerfing shouldn't be part of it. More contents and more bugs fix would have done it much better.

I'm not a fixer, I may not empathize but I surely can, sympathize for you guys.

Edit : being a speeder / shooter, I did try the "4 sec no overboost". Died during that time.
    Between cannons, mortars, missiles and torps, it's rather impossible.
    Granted, I was against the 5 enemies but would have never happened before. Sure, I would have taken a lot of damages trying to "run away" but not as bad as this.

I'm not using Tesla shield but I can't understand the stun nerf. It's a shield for god sakes !!

20. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Okay but early game my telsa shield takes 2 hits max to break it unless there using a common cannon. Speeders enforcers fixers can't just sit out in the open anyway especially speeder i have to run top speed around the place. enforcers can go back and forth quickly with shields allowing them to survive it is there special ability which is now totally garbage.

ThatOnion and Kronimo like this.