1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What's New - Update 4.0 Video - Watch and Listen!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Oct 2018.

1. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

2. mar5hmello

mar5hmello Member

anyone hear/think/guess when the new update will be out???

3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

My thoughts:
    1. At the time of the update your ship levels will be made equal to your captain level then you an upgrade them with gold as you please.

2. Current training will carry over as well. If you have a crew to a certain training you will acquire all talents (selected or not) from current level and below.

3. Since you can train every item to its max potential (no conflicts) the buffs from training will be slightly reduced to avoid damage inflation. [We can see this in the video, FireBomb trainings have been reduced from +10% damage to +1% damage and cool down has been changed from -10% to -5%. *We don't know where these trainings are relative to the max training level so these could be the highest or lowest buffs*

4. New ship - It would make sense that each captain gets a certain amount of ship pieces to upgrade the ship to their current captain level. This isn't likely to happen as we saw with the release of the Gatling gun that captain's didn't get the new item at an effective level for their infamy. Also with fully unlocked slots the only difference in level will be ship stats which can be compensated for with better equipment.
    My guess is everyone starts with level 1 and upgrades are done by getting ship pieces as event rewards.

5. Items and their upgrade/evolution structure will remain unchanged.

6. We will likely see better matchmaking due to more ship levels to sort players more effectively.

7. There will probably be some unrevealed changes either small changes to things players can currently see or hidden changes to things like RNG, matchmaking, gearscore, etc.

8. I'm sure @DamageDon was hard at work on some graphical changes for us. (Can't wait to see if there are any new BB Lore Easter eggs hidden!)

9. Double gold as seen in Monday Madness will likely be a recurring thing for events or even infamy battles given the apparent high cost of ship upgrades.

10. There are still a lot of unknown variables (stop getting you panties in a wad!!!)

VantaBlack likes this.
  4. Captain Ike

Captain Ike New Member

Often times, people mistake Opinion for Judgement. This is one of those times. If you noticed, I ask a question, and then detail my reasonings and concerns for asking. Judgments are proclamations, not questions.

My post was targeted at Rovio, not you.

5. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

When the stores ( play store & app store ) confirm the update , Rovio are waiting for Apple confirm now!!!!

6. Bunnywabbit

Bunnywabbit Member

Ii swear if they make premium boats I will flip!!!!!
    I was looking forward to a speeder shooter mix

Aether_Zero likes this.
  7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Damn you apple!!
    Screenshot_20181016-184558.png Screenshot_20181016-185215.png

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  8. Bunnywabbit

Bunnywabbit Member

-please tell me that he's right
    Ash can u verify this or will we have to wait

Also what level will my mk 5 speeder be?

9. guykakin

guykakin Member

A lot of grief, pessimism, threats, false hopes could be avoided if the Devs would provide some details about how current players items, ships, training etc will transfer over .
    Of course it may be that the details are not yet finalized or reportable as they may change pending approval from apple/ android, considering ways to award capt'n krunch MVP, waiting for van buuren to remix "ship shop" or some other procedural stuff.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2018
    Sewah and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

You did not have reasoning and concerns for asking. You just had the question what's the point of an interceptor other then obsoleting the need for shooter, enforrcer, and speeder, which was not supported. Then you had an opinion that a ship with more utility would have been better, which, again, was not supported. Then you had a statement saying that it looks as if Rovio made battle bay a one boat game. This wasn't supported either. So I don't see where you are getting
    And if you actually knew what judging meant, you would know that an opinion can also be a judgement.

And just because I wasn't directed towards me, it doesn't mean I can't reply to it.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

*Macklemore intensifies*

12. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Updates are looking very good. Non clashing talents are best but im wondering what will happen to the non-weapon talents like splash dmg, range dmg etc.

Will it be possible to multiple trainings at a time?

13. TheAntiSnipe

Around a PuBG corner. Time slows down in those corners:D

14. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

Races are won in the corners, And some of the best battles are in the corners.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Aye lol

16. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Give us more info Dev, perception all time high with out any additional info.

Btw, Premium Ship is so suitable with this new update.

17. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

Hey Ash, this is the only place I've seen this so far, does it confirm that MK7s are automatically going to be level 50 after the update?

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The Bay Battler account in the video is Captain Level 36, and his ships (that we see) are level 25, 30, and 33.

So I’m guessing that the new Ship Mk will correspond roughly with the Captain Level at which the old ship mk was unlocked, so (with some extrapolation)...

Mk4 = 21 (maybe 25)
    Mk5 = 30
    Mk6 = 40
    Mk7 = 48

Just a guess.

Alternatively, since you don’t really start battling until Captain Level 10. It might be:

Mk2 = 15
    Mk3 = 20
    Mk4 = 25
    Mk5 = 30
    Mk6 = 35
    Mk7 = 40

And then there are 10 new levels for currently-maxed-out players to continue to upgrade.

That would fit with the numbers we saw in the video, and kinda makes sense.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2018
    Fish likes this.
  19. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Me living on the edge. Days, maybe hours before I lose it.
    #NoRegrets
    IMG_2406.PNG
    IMG_2407.PNG

20. Dig105

Dig105 New Member

Please tell me this is the update that will finally include support for the iPhone X & iPhone XS / Max screens!!!!!

TheRadKnight1 and Vile Kyle like this.