1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What's New - Update 4.0 Video - Watch and Listen!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Oct 2018.

1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    wat.

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Of course it’s not true. He’s having a joke.

ShipCrusherCz, Reorge and Aether_Zero like this.
  3. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    I wouldn’t be surprised.

4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I guessed as much lol

YerJokinArnYer and Reorge like this.
  5. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

personally i would have preferred an overhaul on the item acquisition mechanics... the almost 100% RNG nature of item acquisition is, in my opinion, one of the major reasons many players quit before they get to higher leagues

6. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

*Dead*

7. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

True, they could do two systems actually, rng and non-rng. For example, non-rng would require double the pieces to combine, but you'll get to chose what you want.

ShipCrusherCz, KINGIVANOV and Reorge like this.
  8. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    Not only that sugar storage is very low.wastage of so many sugars

9. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

Yeah, I’d love to know what happens to Swift’s 10% speed for all ships talent, it’s pretty essential to my playstyle atm.

TinCanSon likes this.
  10. antarbou

antarbou Member

We will lose our minds before the update,

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  11. antarbou

antarbou Member

I'm waiting

12. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Lol .. yeah .. and trying to tone down the 5 pages of complaints based on speculation. How about you wait for the update to drop before you complain about it ...?

What do we actually know?
    • We get a new ship
    • The skill tree is amazing (likely meaning improved matching and better gear scores)
    • We get the ability to play any item/ship on demand - at it's full potential (unlocking 90% of the game)
    • No more item conflicts (likely meaning better balancing)
    • Unlocked ship slots (meaning skill is a bigger factor than ship Mk)
    • No more training 10 crew levels to get 1 that you'll use
    And, it appears that we'll be able to train multiple talents simultaneously - so less wasted sugar.

So, unless you're letting your imagination run wild .. there's no reason to complain about what we know so far.

Obviously, I reserve the right to b*tch at a later date about a lack of progression if events are ruined .. or if there's still a lack of epic power cell or even if parts remain as expensive/hard to get as they are now (since this update should allow people to build every item) ..

But, from what I see, this is already the single biggest and best update yet. I don't think people understand how game-changing it is.

They were willing to rebuild the very foundation of the game to fix the two largest issues - and it's opened up a flood of new content possibilities for the future.

Last edited: 16 Oct 2018
  13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Sigh.. looks like I'm going back to challenger league because beating up mk5s was my only way to gain infamy. And now everyone gets mk6 :(

But seriously, why didn't you keep the mk7 models as base and designed Interceptor like mk7?

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

WAT stands for 'Website Administration Tool'

So are you using that to track players and how much they complain and spend ;).

Oops, then I must be in the red zone.....

Regards,
    Flint

What's Up Player likes this.
  15. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Exposed

Medullaoblongata and Fluid Bait like this.
  16. ankur19900991

ankur19900991 New Member

As per your update, now firebomb and shield train seperate all player think that firebomb will over power please reduce it damage and duration too, check as your end please,

Also fixing item now not work well that I am sure because all weapon gone too strong but fixing item comparative less strong and only three slot, May be Rip fixer after update. Also speeder can't able to catch now due to sepertas train overboost and nitro also.

Just check above matter that I found it gone wrong,
    Also help for upcoming update

17. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

So maybe speeder is the counter to firebomb after the update. Long air time on firebomb will give the extra speedy speeders time to get away.

Things will change after the update for sure. Players who adapt to the changes instead of worry about them will move ahead and those who don’t will have a harder time. Always the way it is with disruption to the status quo.

Aether_Zero and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

Regarding firebomb SUPPOSEDLY becoming op, just consider the fact that everything else will increase. I still wish I had one explosive cannon worth using in nightmare league, because I can't do too well against a shooter with flare+all explosive cannons, that became blatantly clear in 2vs2/CTF events. Over used complaint. Technically firebomb is already figured out in higher level games, and as a firebomb user who has no explosive cannons or blast cannons I can tell you that firebomb isn't a game changer even half of the time. Timing/percision is most important still, having eye for the game, seeing battle situations before hand etc.

envylife and Fish like this.
  19. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Man do you ever not think one step ahead? I’ve seen your fixer gameplay, you need those heals to survive those punches. There should definitely be a new fixer item too. Maybe like a healing napalm.

20. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

You’re basing this on nothing, zero, nada, zip, zilch.

This update changes EVERYTHING. Whatever we think we know about balance is invalid. Please wait until we actually know what we’re dealing with before yelling “Nerf X! Boost Y!” etc..