1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

5v5 Monday Madness

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BoatBlaster, 15 Oct 2018.

1. BoatBlaster

BoatBlaster Member

attn: Mod
    I don't think Dev set the perimeters for this event. I keep getting matches like normal mode - infamy instead of gearscore/training.

ps. request event time extension if possible
    thanks

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

will check...

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Confirmed it is still gear score and not infamy used for matchmaking, although some parameters may have been tweaked.

4. Axus

Axus New Member

Same result. You can test setups without tickets by entering queue and quickly hitting back arrow. A Mark 2 ship with only Mark 1 blues is still considered unusual, only my best ship (Mark 4 with Mark 2 purples) is "fair". Mark 2 with blues was fun, RIP.

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

there is a minimum gear score for each player ,and if you entered any event match with less than that gear score , it will be counted as unusual combination.......,my current minimum gear score is somewhere between 7.9k-8k but it is close to 8k .

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  6. Axus

Axus New Member

Oh this must be a new thing, or my minimum score must be very high for a level 27. Mark 2 shooter vs. Others with Mark 2 gear was a lot of fun, going to miss it.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Event matchmaking is completely broken. I couldn't figure out why I was so ineffective until I looked at the other players... my last match:

event.png

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

That MK4 shooter using a common flare :D
    Hard to say gear score wasn't balanced when you had Banderas on your team!

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Well, we did lose! The MK4 was NML. Bandaras' GS was 10,000 higher than mine. There was no delay in putting together this match, so it appears EventMatchmaker(tm) just pulled the next 10 participants and threw them all into a match. I was the only one under 3k Infamy, most being in NML. I had 5 matches that looked like that prior.

10. BoatBlaster

BoatBlaster Member

Same here. I've matched with mk 5 gs 7k and mk 7 gs 9.5k on the same battle. It likes normal mode with an unusual combine restriction.