1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Competition ♛ NATION DOMINATION: Qualifiers Schedule ♛

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BITTERSTEEL, 6 Sep 2018.

1. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

"Category 3 – 11,000 and beyond
    Gear score must be calculated using your best ship and gear. No exceptions. Intentionally using under-evolved gear will result in a forfeit."

And we have already team Heavyweight:
    @ysl 13423
    Banderas 16049
    Weeze 12800
    Baccus 14175
    American Marauder 14381

Seems a fair match for each 11200 around the bay, i hope to find them.

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

/S?

3. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

sorry man, i didn't understand your answer o_O

4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Anyone want to join my team: "Fluffy Rainbow"? We hit ships with rainbow railguns and hug cannons until they give up due to cuteness overload. :cool:

Lol

FataMorgana88 and AntiHero like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

/S= /sarcasm

I was basically asking you if you were being sarcastic

6. ZeroNegativo

ZeroNegativo Member

ah, ok. Well, probably my team will get eliminated at the first round, so it's a non-problem :D i get it that it is impossible to balance each team, but hey! at least they are trying to give us more variety (yet i hope that they didn't team up. I don't want another strenght demonstration like Dream Team vs Silencio).

Nam_Nam and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Really sounds like that's what it's gonna be like.

Well, unfortunately I'm not coming out to play this year, and will be too high next year LOL

8. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

Yeah, I have same question. My gs is bit more than 8k. Using big shield epic t2 it drops under 8k and it's pretty similar to rare one. Using rare one I'll match with highers rated, like everyday in ranked battles vs nightmares full leggy t3 t4/epic t5 and my best is epic t4 -_-

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  9. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    So are we allowed to participate in the 8000-10999 category if we have setups over 11k but choose to use weaker items?
    @BITTERSTEEL

10. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    So we need to know exactly what’s reasonable. Ambiguous rules aren’t rules. If I swap a Epic V to Epic IV I can go below 11K. Is that reasonable?

ZeroNegativo likes this.
  11. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

I’d say so, but I’m obviously not a organizer

12. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

No. Sorry, but you have to use your highest possible gear score. Any leeway on this rule means that it will be exploited by many, thus ruining the experience.

Bring your best.

13. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    My flare gun's level is lower than my other reds but the perks allow me to do more damage with my blast cannon. (I prefer to use a lower level item because it gets me higher total damage) Would this count as exploiting?

14. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

I think Slew might have already asked on Discord anyway but shouldn't subs get some pearls ( even if its just a few) for being that team even if they dont compete in the finals?

15. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

come on guys, best gearscore does not mean best equipment...

16. BITTERSTEEL

Original post has been updated with Qualifier Schedule.

17. BITTERSTEEL

Watch part one of the qualifiers:

18. The War Net

The War Net Member

So many questions that have been asked and answered 100 times over.
    When we said "you must use your best ship and gear," we meant to calculate your gear score and determine your category. You can use whatever you want in the tournament, but to determine what category you must battle in you have to equip the items and ship that will give you your highest score.

Currently, Gear Score is extremely broken in game. It does not account for captain talent training at all. For example, a level 1 rare sniper for a captain level 1 with no training has the exact same gear score as a level 1 rare sniper for a captain level 50. The difference is, the captain level 50's sniper does double the damage, has a higher crit chance percentage, and does massive crit damage. That doesn't include all of the talents they get to benefit from for their ship health, defense, or speed.

So to answer questions, NO, you can not just equip your rares and battle against weaker players for an easier prize. Seriously, we aren't allowing the exploitation of players. We leave that to the in game matchmaking system.

19. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

i get your point and i totally agree.

1. apart from cat1 i guess everyone is at or at least not far from captains lvl 50.
    2. besides the fact that even within lvl 50 it is not obvious, how far your crew members are trained (i still have 1 or 2 guys hanging around lvl 20), you could consider the captains level - if you want to take that into account - e.g. by multiplying the (used) gear score with it, what gives you categories with teams much more competitive among themselves.

20. The War Net

The War Net Member

The issue is captain levels no longer mean anything in regards to training. Since the update that gives XP for battles, you can continue to level up without ever training anything. So it makes for a really difficult time in calculating a real representation of a players strengths. Hopefully the developers will address this in this next update. @Zeus has swore to me they have a plan to address players who are dropping equipment to get super easy matches in events and exploit lower level players, ruining their gaming experience. Let us see if they keep their word. Fingers crossed. If not, I will be a huge bug up their backsides til the make something happen to protect their players.

Aether_Zero likes this.