1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

VIP Subscription

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Nicolas, 26 Aug 2018.

Tags:
  1. d0dih

d0dih Member

Gold and sugar boosts is of no value for me at current state with cap lvl being maxxed, 10bucks for VIP chat is too pricey, the boxes makes little sence too as gold and sugar is capped almost all the time (only this week i have ”trashed” approx 2mil sugar due to quests gimmie only sugar even upon refresh). Only thing that would make it worth my money at current state is pieces and leg parts. That wont happen so money pouch stays closed.

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Ok, parts and leg pieces are valuable to you.
    What about power cells? Do you have a shortage of them?

Nicolas likes this.
  3. d0dih

d0dih Member

Can’t remember when i last had shortage of those to be honest. But this is just me. The boosted training made me buy VIP in first place so lez say 10 more cap lvls or something like that would make it worth it too until training was maxxed again.

4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

@d0dih The main purpose of Free Daily random "I Love You" Box is to give VIP players a chance to get free parts-pieces-powercells.. They are similar to daily three battles bonus, but you will have higher chances to get something useful...
    Check the yellow "I Love You" Boxes to the right.

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Also maybe a nerfed pearl diver, say 25~50 pearls per day, would be awesome to add to VIP.

6. LuxuryLiner

LuxuryLiner Member

I pay for it and I dont think it's worth it.

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    It makes V.I.P premium TM worth it, and many more people will go for it. As I have said before, the moment BB starts making much more money for rovio, they will start updating it more, dunno how size of dev team works tho, but I assume they would put more people working on BB?? Not sure.

HappyUnicorn789 and LuxuryLiner like this.
  8. LuxuryLiner

LuxuryLiner Member

You are right, basically only a few people truly understands that this is a business and they need income to make improvements and will need more to hire more developers to make changes faster

9. LuxuryLiner

LuxuryLiner Member

What if the higher priced one gave you double guild token rewards :○

10. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Also option to retrain while training

11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Honestly, none of the VIP perks are appealing (current or proposed). I've kept my VIP sub to this point because of events - to make it easier to buy parts for upgrades. Without that, there is no reason to keep it with my maxed training and depleted epic cells.

IMO, the only way to make the VIP sub worth it for higher level players is to add progression content:
    • Add Mk8s
    • Add some random talents to the skill tree (or better yet, standardize the skill tree for easier balancing and expansion)
    • Increase captain level to 60
    • Create a higher rarity of items (e.g., mythic items)
    • Drop commons from the game
    • Push the drop rate of each rarity up to what the next lower rarity version is now (e.g., new legendary drop rates = current/old epic drop rate .. and so on). *Mythic drops could be lower than current legendaries for a while to increase their exclusivity (and player willingness to buy epic [legendary] containers outright).*
    • Bring back event coins (and fix events**)

**Fix events by materially increasing event coins rewards based your infamy league and matching players according to league.

If a seperate but similar player ranking algorithm as the one used in infamy matches is used for events (along with the increased rewards per league), this should encourage players to continue pushing into NML while removing the incentive to manipulate their GS.

Also, there should be a limit on the number of boxes of each type you can buy with coins per event (to stop players from team grinding 72-hour sessions for a ridiculous item advantages) .. which was probably the biggest reason for trying to find an alternative in the first place.**

Nicolas likes this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My favourite idea for improving VIP is to have a VIP inventory tab. Which is essentially another tab that doubles your inventory.

This is good for subscribers, because it means they aren’t having to constantly battle against stingy inventory limits.

It’s also good for the developers because people are more likely to maintain their subscription if they’ve come to depend on the extra space.

Another thing that would be really cool for VIP would be a token that gives you 1 free item upgrade each day. That would take a lot of the pain out of upgrading high level items, if you could ‘at least’ make a bit of progress each day.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Btw -- it's virtual content. It's easy enough to use the old templates to add on (or should be) ..

Most of the players willing to spend money on the game (i.e., the ones funding the continued maintenance and development of the game) have nothing left to buy (or within their respective budgets anyways) ...

In other words, a max epic player that's dropped a thousand on the game isn't going to decide to instantly spend 20k to get some max legendaries .. For those with max legendaries, there really is no point in them spending any more money bc there's nothing left to get.

Any new content other than some version of what I listed in the previous post isn't going to generate any meaningful revenue. It's all appreciated of course.. but gratitude doesn't keep the lights on.

14. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Not a necro, a direction to here by @Nicolas on a similar themed thread.

My suggestion, and even towards higher end I still think it would be quite a valuable inclusion, is a minimum shop discount of -20%

Match rewards aren't exactly spectacular and I can't help but wonder about the sugar as it seems much less than it used to be before the big update. To help make up for the low rewards and really support a VIP in progression, a discount would be justified for what you pay.

I would also limit the cost of a shop refresh to 20 pearls.

ViscountSniffit likes this.