1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Target hopping - Please fix

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by JediKnight1968, 26 Sep 2018.

Tags:
  1. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Hi. after last major update I have the target losing focus and hoping to next target all the time.
    It happens all the time and not only on long range where you could justify it that it lost contact but right in front of me as I'm ready to fire it hops to another target and the shot intended to kill the opponent goes to waste.
    Its becoming extremely irritating. Please fix.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Are you using the target lock button?
    It has been essential for me since the last update!

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The target hopping is super annoying. And lock isn’t much help because targets are always appearing and disappearing out of cover. What’s worse is sometime you hit lock, and will lock the wrong ship. Or it will jump just as you hit lock, and then you have to key it back.

I think the worst thing is when it jumps to a target that suddenly appears. It’s very unusual that you’d want to quickly switch to a target that you didn’t even know was there half a second ago.

4. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

The best way to FIX this or temporaly
    Is target tap and lock maybe?

5. JediKnight1968

No. You lock the target, get ready to fire, you've got him dead to rights right in front of your face and suddenly as you go to press the fire button the target hops elsewhere and he's away in the wind thanking his good luck.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  6. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

My post is an idea.
    But yeah this happens to me at long range.

7. JediKnight1968

at long range maybe you can justify it by thinking "maybe he pulled back from range or view".
    in my case hes right in front of me.

8. JediKnight1968

Is anybody gonna deal with this issue? No replies no fixing no nothing.
    A lot of people in my guild report the same things. Target hopping, target over or under enemy ship, shots not registering point blank.
    PLEASE SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING.

John Hernandez likes this.
  9. Rishi6793

Rishi6793 New Member

Yeah this target hopping is Very irritating being main enforcer I have gone through that alot .. and it's not stopped especially in close combat it sometimes unlocks the tagret which is in front of me... Nd mishit .... Then I have to lock it again for next shot

10. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

The only time I notice this happening is when the target suddenly disappears .. and it goes real crazy when they reappear a second later.

It would be nice if there was a 1 second fade out on disappearing targets so those shots don't end up being jerked towards the target it's automatically switching towards.

Ash KOT, envylife and Fish like this.
  11. John Hernandez

John Hernandez New Member

This has been happening to me constantly since the update. It is seriously pissing me off and is definitely costing me kills and sometimes even battles. I contacted support which was zero help and directed me here. The target hop always happens when I select the next weapon that has cycled up for use.