1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to effectively limit spamming.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JoshW, 7 Oct 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Why do most people spam weapons? To have a higher chance of landing hits of course.
    So here is my suggestion : In order to limit spamming using multiple weapons in close proximity will decrease damage of these items.
    What I mean by this is each recurrent hit with the same weapon type within a set period of time will result in decreased damage by a percentage. As an example look at stun resistance mechanics but with a slight alteration.
    I will use an example of the most hated spam weapon... FireBomb.
    These are hypothetical numbers because I don't feel like figuring out the actual ones :p
    OK so you have 3 firebombs equipped and the lowest cool down of the 3 is 12 seconds. You land a hit with the first FireBomb and it does full damage for whatever duration. Then you land a hit with the second FB and it does 50% damage and then the third for 25% damage. Once the cool down for the first has finished the damage reduction percentage is removed and you can then land a shot for full damage again and repeat the cycle. This system could be implemented on all weapons and items.
    Now let's look at Double Bubble, you activate your first TS and it has full hp, activate the second and it has 50% hp.
    Now Mines, these would have to be a little different since they stay on the map. I suggest using distance (larger than the blast radius). Let's say the blast radius is 3 and the damage reduction radius is 6, land one additional mine within that 6 meters (or whatever metric is used) and it deals 50% damage, a second deals 25%, a third 12%, a fourth (cluster of 5 mines) 6% and so on.
    The actual numbers, metrics, cool downs and percentages would need to be kept a closely guarded secret by the developers to avoid manipulation.

2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

While I do think spamming is annoying, I don't think this is how it should be dealt with. This will unnecessarily nerf other stuff like binitro speeders, double ex cannon defenders, defenders with multiple shields, double pulse fixers, double bolt fixers, selfish fixers, etc.

3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I was thinking only items that need to be activated so shields would not be effected not sure about bandages as I have seen multiple bandage loadouts on defenders that are op and double bandage on other ships that seemed weak.
    If need be it could only be applied to the most spammed items such as FireBomb, mines, napalm and torpedoes(?). I don't see torpedo spam as an issue as it has a natural counter by getting up close.

4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Bandage loadouts on defenders are not op. They're actually worse than shields in most cases. And if the effect is only applied on the most spammed items, then it would not be fair to those items because they recieve a natural decrease in stats for no reason while the other weapons remain the same.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think what should be done is rewarding non-spammed weapons more.

Also, I call for a rollback of the firebomb buff that increased projectile speed by 10% post-3.2, that weapon doesn't deserve that buff.

JoshW likes this.
  6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    No, this will severely weaken any setup that uses multiples of one item. If they manage to land every shot, they deserve it. There's no reason to punish skilled use of a single item type.