1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nation Domination

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by VincentP, 7 Oct 2018.

1. VincentP

VincentP Member

Just wanted to point out how lame the organization of this tournament was, it was just stupid and inconsiderate, I'm playing from Argentina, so well OK, 1am a ""decent"" hour to play the tournament,
    but it wasn't until 4.30 we were supposed to play?
    Lame
    Lame
    Lame
    Hope you do better next time, or organize southamerican tournaments in more reasonable hours. You messed up, again.

2. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Dude. Ungrateful much? No developer works on the Nation tournament. It was organized by players. They earned zero dollars doing it. Completely free. But instead of U being a bit cool. And offering on the Toobers discord something like a constructive criticism.... u come on battle bay forums And show your self...to have zero class. And throw a little boy tantrum. Lol

Here is a thought. Grow up little child.

Jaws

3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Just asking, are the organizers also paying the pearls out of there own pocket to the winners?

4. The War Net

The War Net Member

It had been stated, for weeks in advance, that the time for tournament would be determined by the responses from the players, and that we would choose a time that fit the majority of the players involved. And we did. Are there some times that weren't ideal? Yes, absolutely. This is an event that spanned the entire globe. If you know of a time that works perfectly for the whole world, please do tell me and I will gladly use it for all events going forward.

That is just the nature of the beast.

Thanks for the backup, and you're right. I have been listening to the feedback we have received, and we do plan to make many changes for events moving forward. However, we won't know what to fix if people don't share constructive criticism.

To anyone else, if you have questions, comments, or concerns, you can find me in The Toobers Discord server. I answer questions at almost all hours of the day. Good luck in the rest of the Tourney to those who are still competing!

5. VincentP

VincentP Member

Thanks for your thought, I'll consider it.

About the constructive criticism, maybe next time it would be better that instead of playing one of those game at a time, players could play them as soon as their teams are online and ready.
    Other useful thing would be to organise them by time zones or regions as well, since it's impossible to be 4 hours online at 3am waiting for your turn. And even if you are online and waiting, how do you convince the other 4 team mates to wait too?
    I bet that a lot of teams went straight to the next round due to abscent opponents, there you've got an indicator about something not going the right way.

ShipCrusherCz and *JAWS* like this.
  6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

As with any event (whether in Battle Bay or in real life) there are always going to be ‘lessons learned’ and things that could be done better next time. There will be some things that the Toobers will already be aware of, and there may still be some nice ideas that players have that they need to pass on in a constructive manner.

But IMO the overriding thought should be a ‘thank you’ to the Toobers for organising the tournament and giving up their time (not just during the battles, but the planning and preparation time too) to provide us with the entertainment.

Good luck to all those competing.

What's Up Player likes this.
  7. nzouF

nzouF Member

I was laughing for hours while watching this tournament :
    Teams were trolling the organisation, people deciding to forfeit here and there, unbalanced battles.
    Broadcaster leaving, background noise (groceries/cooking/DAT FEBREZE SON), eating on stream and so on. I was a complete shitshow but it was hilarious to me.

So yeah, a big thank you to the teletoobers for the laugh!

ps: seriously, be more professional, that was embarassing.

Riddlerpaji and *JAWS* like this.
  8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’m sure they will treat your feedback with the respect it deserves.

Stelmo likes this.
  9. VincentP

VincentP Member

What?
    First of all, I asked no one for anything, it was a nice idea, but it should have been better thought.
    Second, If there's anything owed to anyone, would be from Rovio to us, for the thousands of dollars spent in this game and for them to be backing up such an event without the due proffesionalism.

Side note, I seriously doubt that there's no compensation to "the toobers" for oganising this "event", and if there's no such thing as a compensation I shoud ask for advice on how to live my life while spending thousands of dollars in this game and organising this charitative previously thorough time-demandat planned event.

10. The War Net

The War Net Member

We get nothing. Not a dime. Not an in game gift. Nothing. So thanks for your asinine comments about something that we have spent months working on.

This is a community organized event, by a small group of players for all players to participate. We had some hiccups, absolutely. This is our first run at ever doing something like this. That is also why you don't see Rovio's name plastered all over everything. It took us months to convince them to offer in game prizes, but we also didn't want there to be issues, or the image, of non-payment like some other events that have happened in the past (not by us).

So rather than you being a whiny little brat about something you didn't ask for (as stated by you), don't bother commenting. No one owes you anything.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2018
  11. The War Net

The War Net Member

Well, when we can afford to fly all of our members from across the world on our own dime, we will. Also requires rental fees for facilities and things of that nature. So I am sorry if one of our members dedicated his personal time, for almost 7 hours, to something that he wasn't compensated for, that you didn't find to be perfect. Oops. Guess what? It is what it is. How about providing some actual valuable feedback that could actually be worked on and implemented.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.