1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

No more piece and parts crates in event?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by msong, 4 Oct 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It wasn't as much a matter of not liking a perk as the fact that there were 8 perks and usually it was you may really want one, 4 were useless, and a couple more may be interesting some day. In order to get a 50% chance at the one perk you wanted it was necessary to hoard 4x900 coins (3600). My first two Legendary Perks were not only identical (meaning both can't be used on the same item even if I wanted it), I knew right away this whole system was stacked against the player. The RNG system was built to encourage coin hoarding.

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's a load of crap. Maybe it was too good for new players (IMO it was), and maybe limits could have been put on unlimited grinding (IMO reasonable), but for Ace/NML it was far more balanced than giving one Legendary piece per Container. Far more.

VantaBlack and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

From prior thread in which it was asked about losing coins:
    I guess it was naive of us to assume that this statement, taken at face value, meant we were going to be given one last event to purchase the same things that were always available with the coins.
    But I guess they could have raised the price of the crates to 200 coins per crate and the above statement would still technically have been correct.

This Is Me likes this.
  4. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Your complaint stated above is not about perks, but with your inability to get parts and pieces.

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This exactly.

I had 350 last week that I wanted to spend on pieces, but decided to hold them back until I had 900 for a perk. Now that option is gone without warning.

The worst part is, 5v5 TDM events are one of the hardest events for me to grind coins on. I doubt I’ll even manage to hit 900 this week. So I’ll probably be forced to spend all my coins on perk crates, which have a 95% chance of giving insta-scrap.

Might as well have just deleted my coins.

6. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Well .. we will see what this new system is, but I have a feeling NML is about to get a lot less crowded .. if it's as I fear.

If there are no more item pieces, there is no more progression left for me .. and I don't think I'm alone .. for those with max epics+ willing to stick around, they'll dominate NML for the years it takes everyone else to catch up .. for everyone else, the lack of progression will be game over.

There were complaints about guild rivalries, matchmaking, balance issues, fire bonus calculations, unregistered hits or inaccurate splash circles, lack of variety, lack of new ships/items, gear score issues, seal clubbing issues, etc. and so on ....

But, other than early access to legendary weapons possibly messing with early level progression and a few players taking advantage of it with #nolife grinding and seal-clubbing, there were no complaints about event item pieces themselves. In fact, they were probably the best part of the game for 90%+ of the players.

So, it's an interesting tactic to modify that system .. the fan favorite. The one thing that kept high-level players interested in your game.

Anywho, I'll reserve judgement until after I see the new system, but, in the prophetic words of the magic 8-ball: "outlook not so good."

Last edited: 5 Oct 2018
  7. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

Unless this new system is somehow better than the current one, we're back to taking 6-12 months to get enough pieces for a single legendary item

8. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Damn... I spent 6300 coins last week. I would be screwed if i had saved it for a week more. I got lucky this time.. woo hoo.

9. Necro

Necro New Member

what do 13 year olds do?
    Will leg perks go or no? :( I dont want them to

10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Look on the bright side- GOLD!!

11. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

They could have given an option to exchange battle coins into new reward, so everyone doesnt have to waste their coins on perk boxes which always give garbage.
    I have been saving and got 6500+ coins, but now me and everyone have to spend them on useless perk boxes.

ShipCrusherCz and Zlatan0811 like this.
  12. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I assume this is mostly about the whales not having a large enough advantage over the ones grinding and seal-clubbing T3+ legendaries out of events ... which is understandable. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

But .. it's easy enough to create a new level of item rarity for those willing to drop tens of thousands .. and to adjust the drop rates and raffle/shop/event legendary availability up a bit.

Mythic or Dark items, for instance, could be the next level .. and since graphic design is the one thing they excel at, they can even add some projectile effects to them.

Anywho ... that seems like a better option than taking the best part of the game and reverting back to strictly p2w ticket timers or killing progression in some other way .. assuming that's the direction this is going.

But, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself.. People don't usually surprise me, but it has happened before.

13. SP4KKO

SP4KKO New Member

Are we joking ?? For Which Absurd motive, have you removed the other Two rewards of the event??!! You have put That type of event, the rewards cannot be changed to your liking...the they leave up to the end. And the change him from the new event in then .... Have as people Lost days , weeks and straight months , for farm tokens , and do you remove the rewards ??? DON'T BE THE CORRECT WAY TO MAKE THE THINGS!! CANNOT AFFORD TO TAKE AROUND THE COMMUNITY OF BATTLE BAY!!:mad:

14. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

And I guess perk box will be of 70 coins rahter than 35.

15. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    THANK you ROVIO111

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  16. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

17. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Either devs listened to the community or we misunderstood what was displayed (maybe cut off somehow). Either way, nice to see that everyone gets what they want for the last coin event and the devs aren’t as heartless as some previous posts have painted them.

18. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Thank you Developers for keeping the piece crates for one more week to allow us to spend our saved up coins.

ShipCrusherCz and envylife like this.
  19. Boeggla

Boeggla Member

Engineer
    Well, the hazzle could habe been avoided by a one line comment from any developer...Or somebody responsible for communicating with the users... alas...

20. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

It is entirely possible to progress without money or event rewards. I made it to nightmare completely f2p before events were a thing