1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

No more piece and parts crates in event?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by msong, 4 Oct 2018.

1. msong

msong Member

First, thank you devs for informing us that the upcoming event will be the last to use coins to buy crates as a reward.

However I noticed in the event info, there was only the option to Get Perks. Where did Pieces and Parts go?

For people that have been saving coins, we really appreciate the devs for warning us to spend all our coins in the upcoming event. At the same time, there was no warning to spend coins on pieces and parts last week, prior to their removal this week.

Therefore I hope devs can consider bringing back the option to buy perks, pieces and parts, all crates selling for 35 coins each, just the same as last week. Informing us to use all coins this week is a fair gesture by the devs and was meant to avoid any backlash they could get when they change the reward system next week. However, changing the crates this week and limiting us to only buying perks is also a sudden change in the reward system and it deserves a fair warning too.

I've personally saved and accumulated over 5000 coins because I didnt find any perks from the previous events useful. I don't grind thousands of coins each event, I play a modest number of games. I'm simply very patient and this took weeks of saving up. With no option to buy perks along with pieces and parts, I feel like this effort went down the drain. I have been waiting for the right perks to pop up again (ex, wildfire torpedo, repair effect/cooldown perk) and the next choice would have been to spend on pieces. Sure, this time they introduced perks that are helpful to anyone (turbo, shield), but mathematically, it doesn't take over 5000 coins just to get those two perks in an epic variant or higher. I'd like the option to buy pieces and parts after I get my desired perk as well.

It's really upsetting that there was no warning that they would eliminate pieces and parts crates last week, despite issuing a warning that they'd eliminate the whole coin system this week.

All in all, I really hope for the last event using coins to buy crates, devs can restore the crates so that there's an option to buy perks, pieces, and parts, crates selling for 35 coins each, just like last week. This in my opinion would be truly fair especially for players who do not find perks helpful - then they have the option to buy pieces and parts, n'est ce pas?

Thank you for reading.

Attached Files:

2. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

Lol. I already spend all the coins.:)
    I knew this would happen.

Darkdrow likes this.
  3. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    There was absolutely no advantage in hoarding all those coins if you simply wanted pieces and parts. It's not like they change from week to week like perks do. So that's on you for waiting.

Darkdrow and Nicolas like this.
  4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

The only exception here would be the fact that spending 900 coins in an event gets you a Legendary perk; so some players might save if they didn't have enough to hit 900 again.

5. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    Same

Darkdrow likes this.
  6. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

I agree, there was no reason to hoard all of those coins. There REALLY was never a perk you wanted on the list? I find that hard to believe. The only thing I'm annoyed at is that I haven't seen the Legendary Rail Stun perk or Cannon Frost perk since the early events. Seems like I get stunned or frosted in almost every game these days. I have accumulated plenty of great epic and legendary perks by taking my chances in the events. You had to figure you were never going to see a list of All perks that you wanted. Maybe you'll get lucky and the devs will offer all possible perks this event.

NeptuneGaming and Darkdrow like this.
  7. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Why ? I thought perks will come on rotation
    MVP guys confirms it.... Now is all for nothing...i wanted railgun perks too

8. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Uh he saved 5000 coins...

Darkdrow likes this.
  9. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

I saved 3600

10. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I think the new perks this week were intended to make sure that every player could use them and maybe offset the loss of parts/pieces prizes (ie people saying there were no perks to try for because they don’t use x type of item). Most players use turbo and I think everyone uses shields. Everyone who uses those items would benefit from +damage on a perk for an item that is used on practically every boat/load.

Darkdrow likes this.
  11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Yes it's on this player. But it is extremely weird for devs to say next event is the last event. But then stop parts and pieces from being purchasable.
    This logic is one step too far.
    Devs always stated they would give a fair warning before ending coins. Technically this isn't fair warning. I for one....think the developers should re add the pieces and parts as a shopping option this weekend. To close this chapter the right way.

Jaws.

@The Grim Repair

12. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have 6400 saved as a casual player and I can't spend them on 35 coin piece boxes? How is this FAIR? It took my casual ass TWO MONTHS to get this much and it all goes down the drain for (potential) epic perks that I'm going to get a legendary version of as well????!!!! Am I wrong for wanting to have a coin spending spree rather than small amounts of satisfaction every week? I beg you to let player buy pieces and parts for the last time

Last edited: 4 Oct 2018
  13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Yes, for this particular user, it's a more painful experience - but for the casual player who saves up coins, perhaps they had cashed out more recently and decided to keep a few hundred or so for "next week's run" because they expected to be able to grind their way to 900.

14. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

Sorry bro.Me to as well,but as long as that gonna help us they won't consider it. it's pretty clear by now. This game doesn't give a dam* about the game health they only want money and that's why they're going to change the event rewarding system like they changed the rivalry rewards before that. One thing i learned from playing this game for too long is to not expect anything from the dev team.i bet they thought it's too rewarding to grind 8+ a day to get a legendary perk that's not the one you want. Hell they probably gonna make playing in the event needs tickets or something. Anyways i am really sorry that you savings are lost.

15. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

Jeez! Wtf . He said i didn't find any perk that was useful for me in tha previous events. Damn how can you be this stupid.

16. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

RIP.
    Honestly though, event rewards were too good. One epic container costs 4k pearls and gives only one piece, nightmare requires you to make it to 4k and still only gives 1 piece per fortnight. But events gave you as many as you could grind. That's a bit unbalanced.

I saw it coming when they moved to 80 coins box the first time. I had a gut feeling that they aren't going to be this easy for long and here we are. Good thing I never saved coins.

NeptuneGaming and Darkdrow like this.
  17. msong

msong Member

Most of the perks were for weapons that I don't use. Sure I could still collect and save those and slowly build new weapons from scratch. But I was really hoping to spend all the coins when the fixer perk for heal effect + cooldown would come back. As well as some of the other early perks I missed out like wildfire torpedo.

Don't judge that I have saved up coins because I was waiting for perks to rotate. My point is that it wasn't fair to not give us a warning beforehand to just spend on pieces instead, since the perk I want will not come back and now they are getting rid of coins completely.

18. msong

msong Member

That included 1800 from selling a rudder perk. The rest was accumulated over weeks and weeks since I don't grind event.

Of course it's up to devs how they want to change the game. I'm just making my post to explain my side. I personally don't think it's fair for them to suddenly remove the coin system and NOT give us the option to spend remaining coins on other crates if we dont like the current perks in rotation

*JAWS* likes this.
  19. capphil11

capphil11 Member

Disagree with folks saying that it is on the player for deciding to hoard coins. Given that you have 1/8 chance of getting a particular leggy perk, even if there is a perk one may want, I think it is a completely reasonable strategy to wait until the mix of perks is more desirable so that you maximize the chances of getting something useful. Announcing last coin event but not having some of the reward types available seems unreasonable.

20. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Yeah, so disapointed, hope they consider a change or at least same price 35 not 80

Last edited: 4 Oct 2018
    VantaBlack, *JAWS* and Zlatan0811 like this.