1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking BUGGGG

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Klakierro, 25 Sep 2018.

1. Klakierro

Klakierro New Member

Hi,
    Dear Devs something is wrong with Matchmaking, ive almoust always have in opponents guys with GS around or over 9k when my GS is 6.8k. All games Day after Day i must rivalization with players with rly highest GS then my. Maybe u will resolving this problem bcs its rly f....g discusting when u Day after Day have the same... Ppls will leave this game if u dont get yours finger out.
    Best regards.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Are you talking about regular matchmaking or in events?
    Regular matchmaking does not take gear score into consideration, just infamy and MK level of the ship.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  3. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Is there like a catalog how every matchmaking works so we know?

4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Only 2 types.
    Regular matches (ladder / infamy) use infamy as the primary factory, and then balance the 2 teams based on ship MK levels.
    Evemts use power score matchmaking, which is a combination of gear score and captain training.

5. JediKnight1968

Why not have one matchmaking?
    One that uses MK level, captain level/training, gear score AND infamy.
    Then everything would be counted and nobody could cheat!!!

6. Ho Aerp

Ho Aerp New Member

Oh no u don't, Event matchmaking is an opportunity for player to play with and against players with greater range of infamy that ranked battle won't do .
    Current event matchmaking fairly allows players to farm a new ,Baby weapon they got( like T1 epics) without the fear of infamy loss.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2018
  7. JediKnight1968

What you really mean is for higher infamy players to go seal clubbing on lower infamy players using mk2 mk3 ships with leggies that kill unfortunate newbies in one and a half shot?
    All the while events where lower ranked players should be able to gather resources and parts to upgrade end in having the higher infamy players getting even more resources and the lower get squat.
    To get my point I don't like it when I play events and I kill people with three shots. Some other maybe do.

8. Klakierro

Klakierro New Member

Ofc im Talking about ranked games. Rly my captain lvl is 44, mk6 ship, 80%batles must play against mk7 and So powerfull weapon. Its riddiculus... For example im hitting opponents from explosive cannon lvl4 rear with around 800, but my opponents have epic EC lvl 4, around 1.3k and its all weapon like this, So u think its fair?

9. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

This game is not 1v1, it is 5v5. Play with your team and play your best and if you win, great, if you lose, move on. If you have literally any infamy, it means you won more than you lost.
    Sorry if I sound harsh, but I have heard this so many times and its getting old (nothing personal).

Gear isn't the only thing. It's one of two things that play into infamy.
    Let me try to illustrate. (in my own terms)
    If your skill is 75 and your items are 25 then your "score" is 100, and you should be able to beat anyone with a score less than 100 the majority of the time.
    Now say someone has skill 45 and items 55, it should be an even match, because your score is the same, even though their items are more than twice as good as yours.

I'm sure my illustration has flaws, but do you get the point?