1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Mines

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Beej, 1 Oct 2018.

1. Beej

Beej New Member

This is specifically for events where you physically need to be in the capture zone to prevent capture.

Either make the cooldown longer or remove them when the player using them dies.

Its unplayable when the enemy team has two to three people who spam mines and then sit inside the capture zone.

2. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

So why don't you stay outside the capture zone and kill them? You can reduce the capture progress by killing them too :)

3. Beej

Beej New Member

When the capture rate is 3% per second and they have a fixer with 2 repair pulses it's difficult to kill enough players to make a difference

4. Earel

Earel Active Member

Napalm and mines special items for this event)

5. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Didn't they make the mines water time 30 percent less in events? Maybe they could make this even shorter?

I don't know what its called so I call it water time.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The Dev’s just refer to it as ‘duration’.

It was reduced by 80% in CTF and can’t be placed on the capture zone.

Mines have always been annoying, but I think Mortars, FB, and Napalm are a much biggger problem than mines right now. One Shooter can pretty much defend the capture zone on his own, from quite a safe distance, with just a couple of Fire Bombs. And you can’t even go assassinate him, because of turret+EC is far too powerful.

I say nerf the broken Shooters!

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I played a bit of speeder and enfo this event..

[Side note - that enfo agility will take some getting used to .. bc, man, it was making me sick].

But, as far as speeder goes, I'd be careful asking for mortar/FB nerfs.

For one -- they keep the fixer pulse in check - otherwise they'd make teams virtually invincible against 2 weapon speeders.

For two -- you were right that a shooter with all snipers, BC, EC, rails, or similar type weapons is tough to beat with a speeder (with my L1 leg yellows anyways) .. so, as a future speeder, I don't want to encourage shooters to switch from mortars/FB (that only affect speeders when half a team is carpet bombing an area) over to all direct damage gun-type weapons -- because if every shooter had 4 or 5 weapons that could hit a speeder, the speeder might go the way of the dodo bird and the defender.

8. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

nerf spammers not shooters ;):).

9. ViscountSniffit

I think Shooters need fewer hp. As I have said repeatedly, they take far too long to kill, and they can kill other ships relatively quickly (in a few seconds).

If a Shooter wants to take a full compliment of anti-Speeder weapons, cannons etc... then he should certainly be a match for a Speeder. But I find that often all they really need is EC+Sniper, to match a Speeder for damage and outlast him. Which leaves them free to spam 3 other Mortars/Torps in their other slots.

If a Shooter wants to sit at the back lobbing Fire Bombs at the capture zone, then he should be vulnerable to a close assault. At the moment they are able to do both.

I don’t mind Shooters taking a full set of Blast cannons to beat Speeders, because they won’t last 5 mins against ranged Shooters. But then ranged Shooters should be vulnerable to things like Speeders. That would be a balanced Rock>Paper>Scissors game of strategy.

But when Rock beats paper and scissors, then you’ve got a dysfunctional game, and that’s what I feel Battle Bay is becoming.

If Shooters had fewer hp and were more vulnerable, then it wouldn’t be so easy for them to spam. They would have to think twice about doubling down on spammy weapons, if it meant drastically sacrificing survivability in other areas of the game.

And if they did want to spam anyway, they would be taking a much bigger risk, and be more dependent on teamwork to protect themselves.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2018
  10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I still find enfo is the hardest boat to kill.
    Dances all over the place, high HP, and 2 tesla shields blocking every other shot providing you can manage to hit them!
    3 weapons and the agility plus yellows allows them to tear through shooters in no time.

11. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I agree. Remember that old update where they reduced mk7 speeder’s health by 400, mk6 by 300, mk5 by 200 ect because it was hard to hit and had more health? Similar idea with the shooter but it has tons of health and could counter any ship.

12. Kurd1stan.

bro ,I can't play fixer with all those flare guns especially with heal reduction ,and I can't play speeders because most matches (events and ranked) are full of mines and for defender i don't have much standard shield and it is so slow to be fun and I have no TS ,TB and no BC, FG ,mine or any good item for enforcers , and if shooters got nerfed then I am done .

13. ViscountSniffit

Firstly, you don't need to quit playing a ship just because it stops being completely OP. Secondly, if it got nerfed too much, and became underpowered, you'd be pretty angry, wanting to quit the game, right? I understand that, because that's how I feel right now! That's how I felt for months, it's how I feel after every single game. Think of your favourite weapon, the one that you really depend on, in every game. Now imagine they added 7 seconds to its cooldown, and made other ships resistant to it? Then your second favourite weapon, they reduce its damage and range, and add 3 seconds to its cooldown. Then the best alternative weapons that you might be able to switch to: nerfed to the point of uselessness. Then they give every other ship a massive buff that helps them to counter you, and don't give you anything useful to compensate. Imagine you then tanked 1000 infamy, and started losing your rewards? Imagine it takes you 8 months to claw your way back up to where you were, and then they nerf you again?

That's not hypothetical for me, that is what actually happened, and is still happening, and I'm really angry and annoyed and salty about it. I want to enjoy the game too. I want to be able to play for more than five seconds, without having to stop for a 15+ second cooldown break. I want to be able to have a battle or a 1v1, without feeling like a mk2 going up against AM. So don't talk to me about quitting, I'm already there, I'm already done with this game. The only reason I'm still here, is because I'm hoping (against all odds) that it might still get fixed, and all the time and money I put into this game won't have been completely wasted.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2018
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

#SpammersNotShooters lol

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  15. Kurd1stan.

well imagine that were so excited to upgrade to mk5 speeder just to use a frost blast for your BT but when you were so close to buy a rare one ,frost items got nerfed ,

then you had chosen talents for nitro instead of carronade that you love using it ,then your only T5E item got nerfed, and then got +3s CD ,then you dropped 1k infamy on purpose just because you couldn't play with all those miner and then you remember you had T1E mine for a year so you switched to shooter

but then you combined 3 legendary red items and all 3 were mortars ,so you scrapped all of them because you dont love being a spammer , and played against mortar spammers after you dropped infamy ,then remembered that you don't have enough red items for your shooter so you use 4 (2 slots items)and all of them have a slow projectile speed,

and I have other things to say but speeders got nerfed so buff speeders ,shooters have nothing to do with that ,

and for spammers
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/spammers.20983/