1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Bergster

Bergster Member

@Netsa the life expectancy of fixers is going to be reduced dramatically. In nightmare league this is already pretty short usually. Im predicting that most of the top fixers in this game will either quit or change ships.....
    and introducing a new healing item to aid speeders more....can I trade my repair pulses for repair bolts? That way I can just hide away in a corner and heal from distance....

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

You highlighted the problem here. Double pulses. The possibility to even do that is unlocked at mk5. So sure, maybe pulse self heal was too powerful at mk5 and mk6. But it's mk1-4 that will be hit hardest, because they have only 1 pulse, and at 50% that's not going to be nearly enough to stay alive. So the nerf was most needed at high level play, yet it hits hardest the fixers at low level play.

Epicmonolith likes this.
  3. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I doubt Fixers are going to be dying that fast just because their Pulse-Tape got cut in half. You're just going to have to adapt.
    I'm starting to wonder if Fixer players have played as any other class. You're not the only people on the field that are dying, ya know? If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to be upgrading my Fixer after this patch, so we'll see what happens.

4. Nof

Nof New Member

Literally nerf the fun of game ! :(

KypBA likes this.
  5. Fiesty Wombat

Fiesty Wombat Member

Please consider making the repair pulse nerf less than 50%.

That's just too damn much to take from fixers.

13rafdav likes this.
  6. Fiesty Wombat

Fiesty Wombat Member

Omg guys! Just breath! I mean the use of the items you invested for your fixer or speeder to take advantage of established reality is now gone as is the time and effort you put into it!

But golly gee whiz you get a chance to invest a bunch of time and likely cash money into a new item which will cost you either a lot of hours or more money and Holy cow its gonna be swell!

And in a few months who knows... Maybe we will all get rolled again! How exciting!!

7. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Yeah try to use fixer right after the update goes out,and you will understand why we don't agree fixers repair pluse only heals 50% on our own ship,75% will be better can devs consider that

Epicmonolith likes this.
  8. r4z

r4z Member

thank you for nerfing the items I've invested most of my resources and time in
    thank you for showing me you are no different that other sh¬tty game companies out there , that don't listen to their player base
    thank you for showing me this game is not worth investing much time in
    thank you for saving me money - no more VIP & buying pearls

Wishaal, lolawola and KypBA like this.
  9. Speedster

Speedster New Member

The fixer Nerf is not fair for the low level players

13rafdav and Miathan like this.
  10. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

They do listen to their playerbase, that's why most of these nerfs are happening.
    So, you're saying that you guys would be complaining less if it was 75%? Really?

Edit:
    Low-level Fixers are what I've played and played against, I know for a FACT you guys are not significantly hurt by this patch.

13rafdav likes this.
  11. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

I bet it will be better :) believe me
    Edit:I'm not trying to argue with you,everyone have their own opinion

Last edited: 23 Jun 2017
  12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Funny man you are :)

Some math issues here (you are replying this trash to a mk6 Fixer so those are the numbers I assume you refer too) - Above average out of 5 would have to mean either first or 2nd most HP. At mk6 which 4 ships has lower HP than a Fixer? Oh thats right, none of them ;) Aside from certain Enforcer builds Fixer is the low HP class, which given that it can heal is fair enough, just calling your bs out.
    No 8k+ Fixers around the Bay my friend.

But in some ways I can understand if you are talking about low level play, there Fixers can be quite dominating and Speeders arent kings yet. At cap level Fixers are very zergable already and nothing in this patch is doing much to reduce the speeder dominance.
    But again, Im sure Fixers and Speeders will adapt - Id be more concerned if I had invested heavily into Enforcer.

Babablacksheep, 13rafdav and Bergster like this.
  13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Funny man, tonight. No, I don't think a 50% self-Pulse nerf is worse than an added 4-second gap on Overboost and a self-stun on Shields.

I'm looking at Mk 4 stats, where the Fixer has higher base HP than every class except Defender. Usage of blue slots isn't factored in. I understand that every level that's not Mk 6, soon to be Mk 7, is considered "low level".

14. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

A possible reason for the fixer nerf on heal pulse and this is just a theory.

With the change to game stats could it be that healing done is now actually going to have an impact on gold and sugar reward distribution across the team and so a key reason for the heal pulse nerf is not to stop op endless life fixers, but to make sure the balance or reward doesn't tip heavily to fixers when healing is factored in?

I for one really hope that healing will now count towards sugar and gold, and if that is the reason for the nerf, I support it.

15. AndyAshton

AndyAshton Member

Sharing my thoughts about the update note.
    - nerfing 50% of repair pulse is too harsh. (Not sure what is the purpose of nerfing something that is not a problem)
    - The problem now is legendary items. Too OP. Make battles not interesting and shorter. A decent weapon have to be built over time. Not just a few days with money. Players will get bored, fast.

Please consider nerfing legendary items, instead of something that doesnt create problems.

Thank you

16. r4z

r4z Member

the nerf hits really hard low&mid range speeder/enforcer players like me
    while mk6 speeders can survive without a shield mk4/mk5 speeders can't - the hp pool is too low
    mk5/mk6 players will have more items to swap to as they would have been playing for longer, while mk4/5 have few options since they are new players - u crippled us severely for weeks
    not being able to be fast as a speeder and not having a shield makes close fighting impossible
    the shield is the main item of a enforcer, in nerfing it this bad u nerfed bad an entire class
    without speeder and enforcers the game will turn into a camping fest where both teams trade shots at a distance and heal the entire game , no close fights - and that makes the game boring
    boring games make for good failed/forgotten games

KypBA likes this.
  17. Bergster

Bergster Member

@Netsa just curious, what infamy level are you at?

18. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

A little below 2000.
    You can ignore half of what I posted in this thread, I'm just generally ticked because of irl stuff and the state of the forums.

That's not to say I'm backing off. I really do think most of this thread is overreaction, but I'm becoming part of it.

19. Kronimo

Kronimo New Member

Of all weapons to nerf... sniper cannons. Is that really the strongest weapon on the bay?

KypBA likes this.
  20. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

haha hope the ballpark can be more useful in the next update... love the ballpark mortar... i miss it... :)