1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Solution to event sealclubbers ( maybe lol)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SupremeCalamitas, 22 Sep 2018.

?

Better?

1. My ( dumb) idea

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Force mk up with every ship

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    So I've seen a few suggestions for fixing these charming fellows:

Increase weapon and decrease other item gear score: will not help, ever heard of zero pairs?
    Okay maybe just one lol

But that's close. My suggestion:

Fix gear score for leggys and maybe epics maybe even rares.. Leggys have a pretty low gear score which needs to be fixed. I think epics sometimes do as well. Same with rares. By fix, I mean increase. By like 20%. Maybe even 25%

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

that won't fix it, seal clubber often leave slots empty or fill them with low level items so increasing gs of epics and legendaries would only only punish normal players for playing fair:rolleyes:

Medullaoblongata and PastelPiku like this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Sealclubbers usually use epics and leggys. Which is why I recommended for those to get a slight punch in gear score. And how about this: just force a player to fill every slot with items. At least then there could be a bit of hope.

Or just force a mk up with every ship at a time. Battle armor can still mk1, sealclubbers get bitchslapped, problem solved

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

that would also punish normal players who use epics/legendaries, it would be even easier to intentionally lower gs by not using anything above rare rarity
    rather force to fill every slot/use all points
    some players want to use for example tesshield on mk5 speeder, your suggestion would make it it impossible, same is for someone who has two big shields but not enough 1-point items and he wants to use use defender etc.
    it would be better to force all slots filled or all points used, but even better would be fix of gear score system because both of our ideas could be exploited by filling slots with low rarity lvl 1 items
    let them play with low mk players but force them to play fair
    or
    upgrade all ships at same time for some reasonable price
    or
    not allow playing event with ship 2 mks under your highest available
    or
    fix gear score (by fairly incorporating crew training)

suggestions above would work but all of them have some flaws (as everything)

5. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? Increasing leggy's gear score again means fighting against Nightmare league players now..
    Before the update my GS of Defender(with 2 leg items) was 5.3k and then i get to face against Masters 2 or 3 league player which is considerably legit cause i'm too Master league player but after the update in Gear Score the same item has the GS of 6.1k now and now i've to face against Ace-1 or Ace-2 (sometimes Ace-3) players and still i'm an Master league player! And AGAIN! IF THEY INCREASE GS i've to face against Nightmare league .... like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek::( Show some mercy on us!

6. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

Captain level should also play part of event matchmaking.

7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Easiest solution is force same mark ship level for your highest boat.

For players who say....how can I get the gold for it? Simple. The developers make an update patch that makes upgrading ships to match your highest level 1/4th the regular cost for 1 week. And inform the entire community for events. Only your top mark ship will be usable. The game can flat out stop allowing ship tanking as a method.

As for players dropping or not filling weapon slots. It hurts them more than helps.

Especially once all ships are at their highest mark. They will face stronger competition.

This route will prevent event seal clubbing.

Jaws

8. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/epic-item-gear-score.19577/

I don't know about legendary items but epic items needed some changes (increasing gear score )but they did absolutely the opposite and then they knew I was right and they were wrong so they changed it again ,

but now I haven't compare them ,so I don't know if it need some changes or not but I don't care anymore ,they can do what ever they want (and they do that ).

9. Kurd1stan.

or if you use a ship that is 2 mk lower than the highest mk you can get then your ship will be counted as ( 1+your ship mk) meaning if you are lvl 48 but you use Mk5 then it will be counted as Mk6,

and for the seal clubbing , I know it looks like it is stupidity (and it is perspectively)and they will lose matches(or at least they won't get much reward ) but believe me it isn't , I am facing them in both of my account 8k-9k gear score and 2k gear score ,but even if it isn't they are ruining matches and that shouldn't be allowed , fun> win .

OfflineGameHacker

Last edited: 26 Sep 2018
    *JAWS* likes this.
  10. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

I personally have no issue with my 11k Plus gear score on my enforcer, Means I’m gonna play with the big dogs, And they try to win.

PastelPiku likes this.
  11. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I agree but should players be forced to upgrade their ships? A drastic change like that should include simply giving players the higher Mk ships to match their highest one. After this change, upgrading one ship should upgrade them all together.

12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Don't think of it as forced. Think of it as devs make it super easy to upgrade for really low gold cost during upgrade week.l or upgrade month. Then simple programing. Don't allow any ship lower than your highest mark ship to be used in events. Simple. Efficicient.
    And for future players devs update game to make all mark 1 thru mark 5 upgrade every ship at the same time.

Problems solved.

PastelPiku and Medullaoblongata like this.
  13. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Just curious, what would you propose for the cost of the boat upgrades with this system? Currently, each boat costs close to the amount of gold that you can store at the level where the mk becomes available (if I remember correctly). It wouldn’t be possible to charge 5x all at once - nobody could have enough gold. If you discount them to 1/5 each, then that changes the fairness for people who just upgraded them individually. I’m sure there is a creative solution.

PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Smarter minds than mine can work out the in game economy of how much gold. It shouldn't be free tho. People paid for theirs originally....and some players for certain left boats under levelled.
    But it shouldn't be full cost either.

And it should be earnable in a Level up your boat week/month. Where players know that by X date in future. You cannot use an underlevrlled boat for events again.

How much gold? That's the real question.

Feel free to opine your thoughts on how much it should cost.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  15. Kurd1stan.

• unlock the needed captain level for each mk
    • click on upgrade on the garage
    • write down an amount of golds to put it there , repeat, repeat....
    • click on unlock after you contribute the needed amount of golds
    that will upgrade all ships to the next ship level ,maybe 15m for Mk7 or higher ,idk that is not my job.
    :)

Last edited: 29 Sep 2018
    *JAWS* likes this.
  16. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I paid with gold to upgrade all of my ships to Mk6, but still I would prefer 1 payment to upgrade all ships together, even if it's too late for me to benefit from this. If players want compensation for having to upgrade them individually, just refund the gold for the extra upgrades on other ships. Let's be honest, buying gold with pearls just to buy the next upgrade is something not many players do, and even those willing to do so will only do this a couple of times in their entire Battle Bay career (admittedly I've done this for 2 upgrades so far). Rovio would lose only a small amount of revenue by giving this to the players, and could potentially make a lot of players happier by keeping whales out of low level event battles.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

What about players who already are maxed everywhere? I suggest rovio (developers) gift them 10,000 gold. Remember they paid full cost for everything to get to mark 7 boats everywhere.

Then developers can make upgrading to each players highest mark boat possible as cheap as possible. But should use captain level as the limit to which boats can be acheived. Just lower the cost big time. And make each level have to be every ship type.

Jaws

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

At this point your boats should just upgrade automatically when you reach a certain captain level ( reach captain level 40 and all boats automatically upgrade to mk6).
    Like PastelPiku said there is hardly any revenue involved with gold so devs wouldn't lose money on this. The only thing that requiring gold for ship upgrades actually does is take away from your ability to buy stuff in the market place. With most agreeing that upgrading your ship puts you at a disadvantage for a while having a little extra gold to make progress on item upgrades might actually fix this too. I would suggest an incremental refund for players who have already spent gold on upgrades. Something like upon implementation mk1 gold cost is refunded, 1 week after refund mk2 gold cost, week 2 refund mk3 gold cost and continue like that through mk7

ShipCrusherCz, *JAWS* and PastelPiku like this.