1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shooter Thread!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 25 Sep 2018.

1. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Interesting thing... Yes, my main ship is shooter. But if I need to use yellow ships for quests... I feel much better with speeder, not enfo. Maybe because I am not so good at dancing, lol =)
    Both of them have nice gear. Nothing special, but TS epic lvl 50, TS rare lvl 50, TB epic lvl 40, OB epic lvl 40, Nitro rare lvl 50... Can use any combination of those. Weapons and shields are common for all ships =)

What's Up Player likes this.
  2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

does win ration prove anything
    Screenshot_20180928-214747.jpg :rolleyes::p:D.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    :eek:
    So many rare parts as well :p

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  4. Kurd1stan.

:eek:that is a common thing that you can see in any F2P player's account ;).

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Except me
    I have less than 100 rare parts right now

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  6. Kurd1stan.

I was talking about epic powercells , I should have written that before :oops: .

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's not the easiest ship to build... I already outlined why in a prior post. Please read that again.

StrictSalmon307 and JoshW like this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Exactly, spreading resources over more weapons means they will typically be a lower level. I'm about to be mk 6 and only have one epic over level 30. Yes we are more likely to get dupes that we want but we don't have the resources to fully upgrade them right away. Boats with fewer main weapons can essentially upgrade their chosen weapons faster when they get the duplicate.

9. envylife

Statistically Shooters are less likely to get the dups that they want because there are so many different ones (20). Evenly distributed it would take 100 Epics to get 5 of each and you still wouldn't have a T5E. In real world, I use 7 of those 20, so it's 2x more likely I'd start getting 6 dups of items I don't want before I hit the lottery to get the ones that I do.

Defenders would make use of all 4 Blue items. There's only 6 Yellow items and for those that don't use frost, there's only 4 to build. Green items, again 4.

Unlike every other color, filling out Shooter weapons is statistically difficult.

AAZ7 and JoshW like this.
  10. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Tell me about it! =)
    I almost never get what I want. I have GG epic lvl 11 already, but still don't have epic flare =)))

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Nonsense! Yellow and Blue items have a proportionally lower drop rate. So the chances are the same.

Look, this is my poor Epic Nitro;
    93218155-3B86-4B2A-AB27-8D43C53BD4A7.jpeg

In over a year of playing, this is the only one I’ve EVER received. Nitro is an essential item too, with over 90% usage, it’s almost a requirement for Speeders.

In that time I’ve been able to get enough duplicates to get ‘at least’ nine Epic weapons to t4 (or above), and collected four Legendary weapons.

RNG is no worse for Shooter than it is for any other ship.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Aye. It's a hole in my arsenal that I haven't been able to fill yet. I have to build up two weapons for long range while maintaining my brawler core build of blast blast flare.

13. TheAntiSnipe

That's relatable lol.

This is exactly how my rare part capacity looked like before I level 40'ed my bandage:D

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha I keep scrapping those things, got no inventory space with the myriad red duplicates I've got going.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  15. envylife

We all have that one item that we can't get. I've yet to receive a single Epic Overboost, while I have 5 Epic Nitros, 5 Epic TS, 5 Epic Repair Bolts, 5 Epic Repair Boxes, and can build 3 T5E blue items, while I can only build 2 T5E weapons...an uncanny even distribution of items by color? I guess that's RNG, for better or worse.

16. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

My first t5 epic is Nitro. Xd.

17. ViscountSniffit

Exactly, it’s different for everyone. @envylife struggled with Red Items, but did well with Blues and Yellows. I was pretty lucky with Reds, but have actually had some relatively poor luck with Yellows and Blues.

Nikkie! and Riddlerpaji like this.
  18. ViscountSniffit

I made a graph to try to explain my perception of what is going on in the game.

bbskillgraph.png

People keep pointing to the top ten and saying "look Shooters aren't OP", but that's just a tiny invisible sliver at the end of the game, when the top 0.1% of the most skilled players in the world, max out their gear. And people completely ignore that massive frigging red area, where Shooters are way better, for a fraction of the effort. That's the game that most people experience. That's why Shooters outnumber all other ships combined. That's why they need a nerf. The red and yellow areas need to line up much better.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2018
  19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I do think there’s an issue that some of the gear that the top yellow boat players use (grenade, TS for example) only becomes really powerful above a certain evolution and training level. Below that level, they’re not reliable.
    Therefore if you’re lucky enough to have these items/training - great you’ll do well, if not then other items are preferable.

20. TheAntiSnipe

I fear we'd have a lot less players if that happened, because I've seen tons of speeders I trained burn out and go shooter. It's an easy way out of playing at a Dark Souls kind of level where you're fighting enemies with oceans of HP.

However, the point where it comes to an extremity is Ace 1, where speeders have to be near-godlike every game to win while shooters... Well, I kinda half-assed my way through 80% of my event fights and got 4 coin defeats and 9 coin losses.