1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

'Leave battle' button

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SupremeCalamitas, 29 Sep 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    so... events.

Pretty much every other match you have idiots that got their brain from a cereal box. No strategy, trying to die, etc. if I see one of these battles ( I tend to notice when there's like 30 seconds-1 minute left) I just start floating because there is a 0% chance of winning. It's basically a one v5. So why can't there be a leave battle button? Save us some suffering through having to participate in something with no chance of winning.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

I don't believe admitting to basically throwing matches on the forums is a good idea :p

[​IMG]

3. SupremeCalamitas

I mean in events. Nobody's infamy is harmed anyway, and I'm basically saying ' you guys need to step it up, I'm quitting. See you never'

And again, I notice it when there's like 30 seconds left, sometime even one minute. I tend to give up when there's no chance of winning in general. Your teammates may be GODS, but enemy is 100% cheaters, you ain't winning that.

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Personally I’m not in favour of this. I am very competitive and hate losing. It’s not in my DNA to give up. It would also rob us of this tremendous fightback videos.

However, if Devs were to implement something like this it would need a ‘surrender’ button which:
    • Must be pressed by all members of ‘losing’ team (you would receive a notification of who has pressed surrender)
    • All members of losing team must fight on until all 5 press
    • Penalties exist for players who give up before all 5 players press surrender
    • Cannot be pressed within a fixed number of minutes of the start of the event (will vary event to event)
    • Only appears when team are a fixed amount behind in a match (will vary from event to event)

5. SupremeCalamitas

I'd rather just not add anything if that's the way you're gonna be.. when it's 9-14, you KNOW you will lose.

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’ve tried to make some checks and balances to avoid ‘surrender’ being abused. Without those, IMO your idea would be a complete non-starter.

I could have simply said, “no, I think this is not a good idea” and ended my feedback there, but no, I gave ideas to try and help you refine it. The only ‘way I was trying to be’ was helpful.

7. SupremeCalamitas

What I have against your idea is that the team you're giving up on will likely not realize that there is not chance of winning, and thus won't press the button, leaving you suffering. Ignorance is stupid.

8. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Most everyone that has played the game past 4 months has developed a style. Base off your first post. If someone charging in the first 30 seconds of events ( you would want to hit the surrender button)
    I can say that what you have is a strong Fighting Style preference. And haven't figured out how to co exist with people who fight differently.
    Have you watched top players in the top 200 play ranked regular play, verses events, verses Tournaments...like the upcoming toobers?

Each version has it's own style and strategies.

Currently event favors capturing as a tactic. And mines can be thrown around and in the capture circle. Your teammates who charge are creating the very opening to help capture or soften unfriends up. Take for instance if I pull out my 21k defender in an event. If I charge first. Will I be the first friends team to die. Yes. But also I will have killed 1 shooter and weakened another shooter. And every unfriend gun is aimed at me. If my friends team takes advantage of that. They kill the next week shooter and kill another boat with a 4 to 3 gun superiority quickly. That becomes 4 to 2. Before unfriends respawn.

I only write this example out that it is your tactics and imagination that needs to expand each game instead if being so rigid that only Your way or the Surrender button highway gets chosen.

Ps. I have played you before in events when I used a funny ship load out. You did played strong.

Jaws

9. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Even if you're not going to win, you can always do a bit more damage to get some more Battlecoins. It's not like you're spending the time better by floating.

10. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Better yet weapons achievements. Free legendary weapons. Arm 2 new weapons and go to damage heaven for event.

11. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    That's true too. Not to mention you also contribute to personal quests.

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Better a leave button when you see a Seal Clubber and you have 0% chance of winning.

13. SupremeCalamitas

I played with you once? I don't think I saw your name.. probably don't remember lol

14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

My in game name changes with the wind....most people know me as Jaws....silencio guild.
    Recent names....captain macgiggles, twighlight sparkles, and now demi lovato.... part of a guild enjoyment to have names switch with certain themes...pop stars is the current frosted flavor.

J

Sidd gamer likes this.