1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shooter Thread!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 25 Sep 2018.

1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Last edited: 28 Sep 2018
  2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

There is usually over a 1800 hp difference between a speeder and a shooter. Also, a shooter has 250% as much weapons as speeder so they can fire shots more consistently and kill the speeders faster before the speeder can, even if they're a bit harder to hit. Also shooter doesn't take zero skill, it takes little skill, and the efficiency (input/output) is much higher than other ships, it's just that ships like speeders and enfos have a slightly higher potential.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Not having ‘noob aiming’ is pretty universal in the upper leagues. That’s hardly a criteria for good balance.

And she played how Speeders actually play. Which means using cover, and not necessarily Nitroing around like an idiot.

Speeders haven’t actually ‘dominated’ the top since they were nerfed (that was 9 months ago), and they’ve been declining in NML. It has largely been Enforcers since then.

As for which one is more ‘balanced’, that depends on the skill cap of the ships. If Speeder has to do loads of fancy dancing, and dodging, and juggling stuns etc... to survive, while Shooter just needs to not have ‘noob aiming’, then obviously Speeder should come out on top, when players are skilled enough to do all that stuff. More risks, more skill required = greater reward.

Nikkie! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oi, what was that challenge again? Your speeder versus our shooters?

I'm game but I need the epic small shield xD.

Please understand, I'm not against you. Shooter as it is right now does not need a nerf. Mortar spamming shooters, however, imho, are a different matter. What I really want is to duel you. For kicks. I really like 1v1ing people, especially speeders. I usually end up learning a lot.

I run speeder as of today. I'm really enjoying it, since the strategy I used at mk5, the long ranging attacks, actually works again. I got to 3.5k infamy in the speeder this season, and with a setup that isn't my main build(I used grenade+blast, since speeder quantity has fallen). And I am actively building up a shooter for fun.

xArrogance likes this.
  5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Actually, shooter nerf won't do anything especially won't be helping speeder. Speeder's public enemy is enforcer. Not only it's better at doing speeder's job but it's also impossible for speeders to fight enforcers because speeder only has 2 weapons and 1 tesla shield takes two shots to break.
    Now if you think about the nerf. They can't nerf it by a lot because the way the game is designed.

- Can't nerf much HP because it's meant to have second highest HP.
    - Can't take away blue slot because all ships have 8 slots.
    - Can't just revert back to the pre update for obvious reasons.
    - Can't take away blue slot point because speeders and enforcers can't have more HP than shooters.

- The best thing you could do would be to take away that extra red slot point that shooter has but is it going to help you against spam? A lot of shooters go flare, blast,blast +2 heavy weapons and don't even use that slot point. And a lot of them are using grenade instead because of how powerful it is.

Firebomb spammers will still go double firebomb, double sniper and mortar and will still spam the crap out of the bay. So even if they take that red point away, you will still get 2k crits. You will still be running out of orange circles just like right now because it will still be the best boat for questing and such.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. fighter23

fighter23 New Member

as a f2p player, i can only effectively build one ship, and the game rarely give me decent yellow items so it is either shooter or defender
    tried to play defender, but it was too slow for my taste
    so shooter it is. in a 1 vs 1 duel, it is hard to win against yellow boat especially the one with tesla bolt and flare.. they can just stun me, circle me, shot me with flare and run away.. and repeat
    the agility update is the only thing that give me fighting chance againts those flanking and fleeing yellow ships, but if they're good, then i'm toast
    also look at the top global player, it's dominated with yellow boats. i dont think the nerf for shooter is neccesary

AAZ7 likes this.
  7. xArrogance

If you're using all snipers or rails, then sure.. but shooters usually have a few of the other 80-90% of weapons that can't touch a speeder ... assuming the speeder stays in range for all 5 shots.

And I'm comparing my health to triguns .. since we have the same level blues .. I would assume it's similar for lower levels too but idk for sure. But, let's not forget the Tshield acting like a second big shield.

8. xArrogance

Should be fun .. but after the event, for sure

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Did you ever try to fight with GOOD speeder or enfo against your OP shooter?
    I can deal with them 1v1, because I have 4 cannons and flare gun. But most of the shooters with mixed weapons can not do anything against Good yellow-ship player.
    They are either fast or have tesla shield. And in close combat all shooter's mortars and torps are useless. So... I don't see any reasons to nerf shooter =)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Exactly!

11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I'm gonna add something also to this topic.

I started as a Speeder, played Enforcer then and now I'm playing mostly Shooter (still depending on guild quests).
    You might ask, why?

It's simple. As a F2P, it's the easiest to get solid gear for Shooter. Red item pieces are the most common + there are red items achievements. If I play Enforcer, I play with 5/8 rare items, if I play speeder I play with 4/8 rare items and in shooter I play with 2/8 rare items (turbo and big shield).
    That's why I'm using shooter mainly nowadays, it has the biggest potential with my build.

Interesting thing tho, my highest infamy was reached still in Enforcer, with significantly lower potential.

I'm not saying shooter is OP or it's not, but people need to understand it requires skill also. It's not an easy boat to use properly (from my own experience skill-wise it is still Speeder>Enforcer>Shooter). Haven't really played other boats.
    I'll tell Shooter is OP if I ever reach higher infamy than with my other ships.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

Ey just got to mk6!!!
    Screenshot_2018-09-28-22-23-43-516_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    I call it the "Monk" build. Low CDs, close range titan. Pure event build, would never work in ranked with my HP count:D

ShipCrusherCz and xArrogance like this.
  13. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Amazing :D:D:D. There used to be a time where our gear was similar. These days I'm still stuck on a mk5 with 6k gear score :oops::oops::oops:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ● Active Member

Thats OP !!! Nerf !!!!! Im so weak.i cant even 1v1 with shooter. *crying*

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Oct 2018
    vis1234567899 likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Oh there ain't no speeder who can 1v1 this beast while I'm in the cockpit...(unless rhey have a TB, in that case RIP)

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Oct 2018
    ShipCrusherCz and vis1234567899 like this.
  16. xArrogance

Yeah, it should make it interesting .. getting my range down while attempting to dodge BC shots.

My yellows definitely need the most work and I'm a long way off from a decent flare, but I'll make it work.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha you know you can put long range weapons on a speeder right? ;)

Ash KOT and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180928-230705.png I could be doing this if i had powercells

19. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It seems to me the reason most think shooter is op is because they can't beat it in 1v1. That being said, this game is designed around teamwork, If you end up in a 1v1+ it's because something in the battle went amiss. Maybe helping your shooters take down targets will save them some hp so they can continue to help you instead of them sinking and leaving you with a bunch of mid health targets to fight alone.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  20. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Hm... I would like to try also. 1v1 =)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.