1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shooter Thread!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 25 Sep 2018.

1. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

At first I was going to say "no, don't nerf Shooter, they're fine" but then I realized that if you make Shooter bad enough all the braindead players will play other boats and there's literally no downside for me. Bunch of bad yellow boats? Win for me. Bunch of terrible Defenders? Drives down THEEEE STAAAAAAAAAATS so maybe Defender gets a buff. Win for me. Worst case scenario is they play Fixer, but their literal inability (or conscious refusal) to aim doesn't really hurt me since I never get healed anyways.

So. Yeah. Nerf Shooter into the GROUND.

2. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

One thing I can conclude from reading this thread:
    - The poster and others who supports this thread 100% haven't reached NML yet, where yellow ships dominates. As a result, he lacks information/experience of the real potential of yellow ships and threats they are making :)

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  3. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

NML comprises of maybe around 1% player base?,pretty sure game isnt only run by players in that league.I think the concern of players in other league matters too where shooter is extremely overused if not OP.It clearly prevents variety.The rate of usage of all boats in all leagues should not vary drastically in ideal scenario!

4. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    You know, I'd gladly use use both enforcer and shooter if I wasn't free to play. I have limited resources, so that's my major issue. So I either have to stick with the shooter, or play as an enforcer with underleveled items.

5. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.. this thread is now open for against nerf arguments. Try to be logical. Personal attacks or insults will be ignored.

6. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Met a shooter today carried 4 FBs and stay still at spawn camping, spamming. In the end he got 3 stars while the rest threw themself to the frontline to finish the unfriends. Tough life huh?

And for those who said that NML is full of yellows boat, for real? All of my games must be bugged since those are full of shooters.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I fight pretty close to NML, and the all-Nightmare(except for me of course) battles I've played so far never showed anything out of the ordinary in terms of speeder and enfo composition. There's always at least three shooters.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I think the main reason shooter is so popular is because it allows you to use your base load out ( weapons you are good with/upgrade the most) and a couple weapons for guild quests.

TheAntiSnipe and xArrogance like this.
  9. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ● Active Member

10. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m not crying.

I’m just having an allergic reaction to your lack of skill...

12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Well, he could be either making fun of anti-shooters or pro-shooters, there is really no context besides "so many tears."

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

babyshampoo.jpg

EyeOfDoom and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I have already told how shooter taking defenders role and doing it better.
    Now
    One of the enforcer's major role is to protect from flanks. But now shooter with high turret agility shooters are doing it themself.
    They can track down speeder flanking. Enfo flanking is much less effective than speeders so they got less chance.
    Current Shooter has became a perfect ship. A ship which is independent of other ships, discourage use of other ships.
    #nerfShooter #makeItInperfect

15. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

Like you know who i am. See you in bay. Lmao:D

16. ViscountSniffit

You are DeezNuts: living proof that any noob can get into Nightmare with double Exploding Cannons and 3 extra weapons. :p

Nikkie! and AntiHero like this.
  17. Jayden Kim

Jayden Kim New Member

Most are playing Shooter not because it is OP, but because it was the first (and only available) ship when they started this game.

They already spent handsome amount of time and effort to develop red and blue items but grinded many yellows and greens not knowing they might need them in the future(So did I).

Hence, switching costs to yellow boats are too high though they wish they could..

As someone already mentioned, you'll easily see that Shooter is not OP by simply seeing how many shooters are in the top player list. Most are playing shooters but you can seldom find shooters in the list..

18. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2018-09-27-10-39-34-400_com.android.chrome.png

Nikkie!, V__, ShipCrusherCz and 3 others like this.
  19. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

Sounds jelly XD

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  20. ViscountSniffit

That’s simply not true.

When Speeder and Defender got nerfed, the vast majority of players switched to other ships pretty quickly. Most went to Enforcer, but I can name loads of former Speeders and Defenders who now play Shooter.

People are lazy, sure. But most won’t stick with a ship unless it’s getting results. Shooter gets results.

That’s a misconception. It’s a bit like saying Fire Bomb isn’t OP, because other weapons do more damage. And ignoring all the other pros and cons.

The reason so many people stick with Shooter is because it is low risk - high reward. It might might not be the ‘highest’ reward, but it’s definitely the highest reward for the least risk. That’s what makes it unbalanced.

The top lists are all highly skilled players, who are able to consistently pull off high risk - high reward strategies. So there are people who can edge out Shooter.

For the rest of the game, however, (top 200 and below) Shooter is by far the most popular ship, because it’s easy to get results with. Far easier than it ought to be. It’s OP.