1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shooter Thread!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 25 Sep 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Thanks for visiting...
    I did mention its not a debate.
    Its only for those who in favor of shooter nerf. Is it that hard to understand?

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    He just explained why that’s hypocritical o_O

3. DragonLegend

What i said was many others agree with me which is true. As for fact that disagreement is denied, yes it is. Those who doesn't agree shouldn't comment at all( though many still commented disagreement).
    Nothing hypocritical about it, those agree comment, those dont there is many threads for them.
    This thread is for suggestions for shooter nerf. Not a arguement against shooter dominated forum n bay.

4. DragonLegend

Now on topic...
    Some here suggested agility nerf. Well thats a decent nerf too. Though it will help yellows, not so sure about how much it will help defenders.
    If not hp nerf, speed nerf should also be good. They have all the range so shouldn't be that hard nerf ryt??

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I think another possible shooter nerf would be to nerf all weapons in general. Like -7.5% damage to all weapons or something. Because imo, red items are the most important and valuable items right now compared to the other colored items and is usually prioritized when upgrading because they cause the most change and affect the results of battles the most.

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    That would hurt shooters the most and buff fixers the most because now it's easier to keep peeps alive.
    Me likey :p

7. DragonLegend

Thats interesting idea...

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My solution would be to reduce cooldowns for all items, like in the 3v3 event we had a while ago. (some items might need rebalancing).

Shorter cooldowns for everyone, would mean that Shooters’ extra weapon slots are still useful for strategic variety, but would no longer constitute such a huge DPS advantage, as all ships would be able to shoot regularly.

This is also in line with the devs’ objective of making the game faster paced.

Nikkie!, Aether_Zero and XQT like this.
  9. DarkImmortal

DarkImmortal Active Member

My idea is to take shooter away from this game. Problem solved :D

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  10. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

enforcers CAN absorb 15k+ dmg...
    interesting, now tell me, how many bubbles they need to use to absorb that much?
    and why don't you also add hp to speeder because it can dodge thousands of damage
    defender can reduce incoming damaga with his defense
    shooter has advantage of huge burst damage potential which scares people so they try to not get in his range if possible
    I am in your friendlist and we did 1v1, you know that I don't use uncommon items (only few few perks becuse I don't have enough rare/epic perks)
    you know what's the problem with using maxed stats for everything to balance things...at max lvl, some items are op and some are useless, is it reason to nerf/buff these items at all levels? most players don't have maxed items, so the stats you're using are irrelevant for most people

you wanted more objectivity in SeaNavy's posts, yet you are not much objective in your posts...

11. DragonLegend

:eek: that will buff the spammers.
    Currently shooter spam is bigger problem.

12. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Because of how the ship is designed.
    Shooter: Small input, large output
    Speeder Large input, Large output.

Speeder driver's good skills are what makes people say that it is OP, not the ship itself.

13. Agile Vanguard

I dropped from 1200 to 600 after the update, I believe it is 50% bad skills and the other is shooters dominating after the 3.2 unbalancing change.

Greatgambler440 likes this.
  14. Agile Vanguard

Decrease health so that they can't just sit at the back with tons of health and spam torps and mortars.

Or maybe remove a red slot at higher mks without hurting mk3 and down.

15. ViscountSniffit

Shooters are mainly limited by GCD rather than cooldown. While it would be buff, it would be a much bigger buff for other ships, and make them better able to counter Shooters.

Mortars and FB weren’t a huge issue until all their projectile speeds were increased. Decreasing them again would likely solve the issue.

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

**As I am supremely confident that any "balance" change made will be to the detriment of the shooter -- this post is purely informational for those hoping to climb the ranks.**

Want to see the NML shooter usage percentage drop by half or more - in an instant?

Give players an item exchange option for 8-9 items (trade any item for the same level and rarity of another item) and allow free, instant crew retraining for a day (or remove power cells from the game).

A large percentage of shooters would switch to yellow boats in a heartbeat.

Why?

Durability
    • OBs are a superior alternative to the turbo,
    • yellow boats have crew talents for increased base speed,
    • and turbos are absolutely required for shooters, but not for speeders or enforcers.
    Enfos have access to 2 blue items in addition to 2 Tshields. Speeders have access to 3 blue items and 1 Tshield, whereas shooters only have access to 2 shields/bandages. Thus, yellow boats have the ability to use a similar amount or more blue items (i.e., HPs and/or repairing ability), while also having the benefit of Tshield(s).

Evasiveness
    The shooter has a much larger hit box and much less agility and speed (with enfo OB), so every single weapon's hit rate is significantly higher against shooters. Likewise, 80-90% of the game's weapons are virtually worthless against vigilant
    speeders and enfos (w/ a TS up).

Weapon Options
    The only counters for the OP fire combos are Tshields and speed/agility. Shooters have very difficult time landing two shots from the slowest projectile weapons (Flare + EC) on yellow boats, while yellow boats have a much easier time landing flares + (the faster projectile speed) BC on shooters. The combination of fire bonus damage and hit rate differences nullifies the shooter's extra weapon advantage.

Choice of Engagement
    In addition to everything above ... in 1v1 matches, yellow vs red, yellow ships have the option to retreat or engage as they wish.

For infamy climbing, this is a very important advantage. In matches you can't win, you are able to force draws. In matches you can win, you have the ability to chase down any shooter.

Why haven't most shooters switched?
    Limited inventory space and epic power cells ..

But ... you'll see more and more as time goes on.
    Screenshot_20180926-014014_Battle Bay.jpg

Last edited: 26 Sep 2018
  17. DragonLegend

You are ryt. But motars were underwhelming.
    What about 10% projectile speed dec. For firebomb and 5% for motars?

18. ViscountSniffit

I’m not disagreeing but I would like to clarify a few points here.

I saw your replay of bdz running double Bandage instead of turbo. It’s certainly an interesting idea.

However, playing without a Turbo is not as easy as he made it look. Anything below t4 Epic OB is going to leave you wanting when it comes to duration, and I think you’d want a maxed t5 to have a reasonable speed. Remember you’re still sacrificing a lot of speed by running OB without Turbo. There are a lot of situations where you might end up regretting that.

This is somewhat true for a Speeder that doesn’t want to engage. You can stay at range and dodge shots pretty well.

The problem is, if you do that too much then your team will miss your firepower.

I think that one of the best things you can do, if you want to win games, is to do plenty of damage, and do it early in the game. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how important it can be to get an early kill, especially against a ship like a Fixer. It creates a lasting advantage for the rest of the game.

Unfortunately, the early game is the most difficult part of the game for Speeders. When all 5 unfriends are alive and shooting, there is a much greater chance of someone hitting you, just through the pure volume of shots.

So you’re left with an awkward choice. Do you play aggressively, and try to create a lasting advantage for your team, or do you play defensively, hang back being evasive, and wait for a better opportunity?

If you’re aggressive, then you’re going to struggle to avoid damage, it’s a very risky business. If you’re defensive, then you’re essentially depending on your teammates to create an advantage without you 4v5. If they suddenly start to die off, then you’ll end up outnumbered, and your opportunity never comes.

It’s easy to be evasive. It’s not so easy to be evasive AND get in range to do good damage. But if you don’t balance that, you’re going to find yourself losing a lot of games.

This might be somewhat mitigated with weapons like Grenades, that are quick and easy to land from medium range. But again, that’s an end game weapon, that you need good training for, to get the range and crit chance up.

Again true, however, matches where I’m able to force a draw 1v1 are fairly uncommon. Usually, I either have a good team that steamrolls the unfriends, or I have a bad team that leaves me hopelessly outnumbered. Or I somehow die before the end.

If I were to reverse all the games where I’ve forced a draw 1v1, the effect on my infamy would be fairly negligible I think.

19. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Yeah .. I can't speak to the yellow vs red interaction at lower levels because I'm sure a lot has changed since I was there. But, I imagine the majority of the difficulty for mid-level yellows is due to the early availability of T1 legendaries (or lack of event reward scaling) .. If your rare TS is being popped by every T1 legendary weapon, it's probably quite a bit harder to play yellow boats.

Will it ever be fixed? Probably not. People would cry to no end even if it would be better for the game in the long run.

I didn't get my first legendary weapon until I had max rares, so it wasn't that large of a jump ... but if your Mk3 with mid-level uncommon or rare shields is being hit by T1 legs, then ... yeah. I'm sorry the game got so messed up for you. The early to mid-game used to be a lot of fun.

Anywho .. the previous post was obvious to those in the top 500. It was more so meant to provide some better information to those wanting to reach the end-game at some point. It's assumed that you'll have the item level (max epics+) required by then to run that type of build.

As far as speeder strategy goes .. just because you can speed out and greet the other team before the rest of your team doesn't mean you should. Obviously most speeders will have to wait for the main battle to start before they hop in to avoid a 1v5 situation - as should any ship.

As for draws vs losses .. 1v1s are fairly common in NML, but even 2 per week would give you a 90+ infamy gain over the course of a season. For the players hitting 60+ matches a day, forcing draws can easily add up to a difference in infamy in the several hundreds.

Last edited: 26 Sep 2018
  20. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

You hit the bullseye
    this is exactly what i thought
    genius minds think alike
    lmao jk