1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Well, first, not a lot of people actually use the Frost Bolt for the purpose of blocking healing. A Fixer's job on the field isn't to heal herself for 120 hp per second (double Pulse) and absorb damage. Her purpose on the field is to heal others. Fixer's self-healing often allowed it to survive on the field for a long period of time in places where every other ship would have died very quickly. Fixer isn't supposed to be doing Defender's job, but that's what happens.

In your example, the Fixer may only be healing herself for 15 per second, but she's healing up to four other people for 60 per second. There are things Fixer can do to keep herself alive, such as using cover, Repair Boxes, or Duct Tape. She gets 3 heal slots at Mk 5, she can make use of them in some way other than just spamming Pulses on herself. She doesn't need to be spending all of her time getting focused on the front lines like she's doing right now. That's not really how a medic should be playing, and it shows when most of the talk here is about Fixer healing herself rather than healing her teammates.

I see it happen all the time, especially on double-Fixer teams, where the Fixers spend most of the game healing themselves or each other and they die last. Before they reworked Draw mechanics, Fixer was just as likely to try and force a Draw at the end of the match as a Speeder was. I can understand the pushback, since Fixers have been playing this way for a while, but this change was needed. People are talking about how Fixers are going to suddenly become selfish now, completely ignoring that they have been selfish since the game released.

Here's a cool scenario:
    Both you and your Fixer are the last people alive, and you're both on low HP. He has a Pulse and a Repair Box. The enemy is coming around the corner, he pops the Pulse. Who do you think is getting the Repair Box?

For the large majority of Fixers I see, guess what? It's not you.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2017
  2. ImmaCerealKillerBay

ImmaCerealKillerBay Member

Killing,Shooting
    Are there gonna be new ships?I thought new weapons though and game modes

3. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

Like any other game. Medic heals other player more than self-healing. (quite make sense)
    This will make fixers focus on other teammate and either defender or shooter (or both) now have to "look after" their fixer because after the update, they are vulnerable. (together quick chat would be more affected)

4. oDDD

oDDD Member

I main Enforcer. Use Overboost and Shield. Honestly i dont see it impacting may style of gameplay too much. The overboost will effect me most but a 4 second stun after shield break wont the more i think about it. I use it for team protection/mortar block/retreat cover after rush and reload. I do agree some of these seem way too nerfy. Over the top. I like the ideas behind them all, i dont play fixer but i feel a 25% reduct in self heal woulda been better. So dedicated Enforcer player here who mulled over these changes all day. And im not really worried about it.

Edit: Sniper nerf was leftfield. Sniper reload so long that really only the crits were worth a connect. Seemed in balance enough vs blast cannon. Worse without crit. Better with a crit. Sniper reduct was un needed

Kronimo likes this.
  5. Amur

Amur New Member

Cant wait for the update.

6. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Especially the repair bolt and how/the slots for mk7
    I hope this update will be like last time 2.0 update,1 day when Google look through it we could update

7. CarlosxXRDXx

CarlosxXRDXx New Member

When the team loses a battle, the one who did the most damage, the first must not lose infamy. That's missing.
    For the fixers change the system and count the healing and participation at the end of the battle so that they do not stay behind.

8. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I guess we'll see about the Repair pulse nerfs but it may be more a need to rebalance and increase the green items so that there is variety and needed changes to play-style of the way fixer works so they don't have to be huddled with a group all the time to be effective. i,e, more effective at healing moving about the battle field. If that is the case. I approve.

As far as weapons maybe sniper needed a nerf but top of my list would have been big torp and 2nd changing the mine activation radius to be visible/correspond to the actual graphics.

Netsa likes this.
  9. Kenneth_wkl

Kenneth_wkl New Member

Actually why sniper needed to nerf? I don't see the snipers are dominating the game currently (at least I can see flame gun+ bc combo much more frequently...) So what's the point of decreasing the dmg of it? Really disappointed with the new update especially for players who play this game since soft launch.

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Kind of upset about the speeder nerf. Tesla bolt is what has broken battle bay not tesla shield... and now ANY BOAT has the ability to stun us... please reconsider. Ifnot ohwell... time for double tesla assassining
    :p:rolleyes::D

11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

There has never been a class in any game that got nerfed, that didn't cry about it, no matter how unbalanced they were.

12. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the reason for the Sniper nerf was the fact that it had less and less drawbacks in higher rank games. It's a standalone weapon that doesn't rely on combos with other items, so it doesn't use up more slots (compared to using Frosts for Torpedos or Flares for Blasts). It can also fire from far outside the range of Blast Cannons, regular Cannons, and everything else, giving it an advantage at the start of most of the maps, since teams start on opposite sides. The amount of critical buffs it stacks from perks and the crew tree can give it incredibly high damage for a weapon that costs 1, doesn't combo, and has no real drawbacks. It's damage doesn't decrease at close range like it does for the Railgun...

Actually, I wonder if the Sniper nerf was just because of Railguns? How does the maximum critical damage in Nightmare compare to the maximum damage from Railguns? It has half the cooldown, fires from a range of 40, which might as well be the maximum visible range unless you have a teammate scouting for you, and it can frequently crit for over 1000 damage by itself. Maybe they were trying to make Rails more viable?

That's all just speculation, though. I don't actually use either gun, I just get shot by them.

13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Can we give the carronade FMJ bullets?
    To make enemy shield points useless.
    My carronade is starting to heal enemy defenders...

Netsa likes this.
  14. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Do you think all the mk3 fixers hovering around 2k infamy is because they are all extremely talented players who just happened to play fixer?

Or

Perhaps that they are currently OP and need toning down?

15. Bergster

Bergster Member

Wow, so fixers have been nerfed yet again when speeders consistently dominate the top 10 of every season.

16. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Speeders got nerfed way harder than Fixers in this patch.

17. Bergster

Bergster Member

@Zeus Can we at least get more hp, speed, or reduce our targetting footprint???

18. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Fixers are already faster than most of the other ships and have above-average hp.

19. Bergster

Bergster Member

That was me bro lol

20. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

As a fixer, I agree with nerfing self-healing, but for the rest...
    I feel like they just watched a video of Hodges and thought he was OP.

Hopefuly all changes will be for the best, but nothing has addressed the insane levels of gold/sugar required, the randomness of the obtaining items or the problematic infamy assigned/match making.

Players have been shouting about those for ages, but hell, let's nerf healers and enforcers first.

ThirstySeal likes this.