1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion about retraining talents

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by cafucito, 16 Sep 2018.

1. cafucito

cafucito New Member

Its a very simple idea.
    Once you reach certain level, your weapons are pretty much set, so you start building new weapons. The problem is, that frequently, those new weapons talents, are in conflict with your original weapons talents, meaning that many times activating a blast cannon talent, means to deactivate a sniper cannon talent, for example
    The suggestion is, that once you have retrained your crew to activate that new talent, going back to the previous talent (already trained), should be inmediate, and with no cost
    Just changing presets, sort of speak

This way, you can change weapons anytime you want, and those weapones will be well exploited
    If you have to retrained, lets say, 3 talents, only to use your blast cannon for a couple of hours, wouldnt make any sense to spent 3 hours retraining

What do you guys think?

2. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

Rovio needs to make $

3. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    This is a great idea. I'd love to see this.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I doubt they make a lot of money from it. I don't have any numbers thoo_O

5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I imagine the handful of people with multiple max legs spend quite a bit switching over to use their other items ..

That said .. I honestly cannot figure out the business reason for it - or for making the cost so high. It's the same thing with the insane inventory expansion and perk salvaging costs.

You make an amazing game, but actively encourage players to limit their experience to 10% of the content.

/start rant

If someone downloaded the game today, I would suggest they figure out their favorite ship (nudging them towards a yellow ship), then give them a list of 9-10 potential items they'll want/need to play it. Then, I would tell them to scrap everything else. This, unfortunately, is not only the best strategy for progression but also for avoiding the insanely steep paywalls in the game.

BB does a great job of allowing you to play that one boat and set of items for free .. but does a terrible job of encouraging players to go beyond that (with a paywall mountain).

Do you want to play two different ships? Or, use even half the weapons offered in the game?
    • Prepare to shell out $100 for inventory expansion.
    • Prepare to shell out hundreds more for epic containers - simply so you can scrap enough epic items to get the epic power cells you'll need to level those items.
    • Prepare to pay to switch your perks (100 pearls per legendary perk)
    • Prepare to pay $50 or more per night if you want to instantly switch over talents to a new ship or set of items - assuming you've paid enough to speed all of your training done.

There are 3 types of players: the ones that will pay money towards any game they play, ones that pay if the price (and product) is right, and f2p players.

But, people change over time. If you keep a younger player invested in the game for a few years, they eventually grow up and get a job .. then they become more willing/able to spend money on the game they've loved for years.

How do you keep them interested? By encouraging them to build everything the game has to offer. There is already years and years worth of content in the existing game, but the sudden, neck-breakingly steep paywall stops most from getting anywhere near 100% of the content.

If you make money off items, crates, specials, VIP subs and ad-views, and speeding training up .. then you have a game people are willing to pay for.

However, most people are not willing to pay for the opportunity to play with the items they have already leveled up (with crew talent switching costs) or for inventory space to level up more items. This is where you lose people. This is where they get bored.

Last point -- If you ever make another game that's similar to BB, you'll want that large community to get it off to a hot start .. as opposed to now, where there is an age-out phase for veterans ..

Events have done a good job of extending that age-out period for veterans by allowing them to progress into legendary items .. but they're also alienating many newer (and veteran) players by allowing grinders to seal club their way to massive item level differences. So, it's hard to measure the benefit against the costs - as the true costs will only become apparent with time.

/end rant

6. cafucito

cafucito New Member

I dont think money has anything to do with it
    It surely speeds up things, but not that much in general (there are always fanatic exceptions spending thousands in 10 minutes just to get the new gatlin gun to Tier 5, and then store it for the rest of their time here)

The point is, as I´ve read above, I cant get the full experience of BB unless I wait for hours to retrain talents.
    A simple example: I frequently use shooter and fixer, but almost never speeder or enforcer. This happens because I never got good items for yellow boats, so I concentrated on other boats
    Now, I finally got some good yellow items (epic T5 overboost, legendary TS, epic nitro), but I cant get the best of them because my talents are orientated somewhere else
    I would love to try them, but that will require 9 retrain sessions, with a handmade intervention every 1 hour. By the time its all set, Im sleeping
    And what If I suck at it? or I dont like it?
    Going back to original setups, would mean another 9 hours, with its proper intervention each hour
    Just thinking on planning this plan, sounds stupid and boring
    I might do it slowly, if I knew that each time I retrain a talent, I could change back and forward from them instantly

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

just so you know for multiple retrains under one tree, you can speed up and save pearls by double tapping all the talents you want to retrain. and retrain together.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.