1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Gatling gun worth it? Flare gun?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Padres, 13 Sep 2018.

1. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Is the Gatling gun even worth using over flare gun?
    I cannot see any benefits using the Gatling gun over flare gun especially now that I see more fixers playing and you get that -50% heal rate with flare gun.

I'm truly asking can anyone help? Are the devs going to buff the Gatling gun even more because I think it still needs a tweek or two.

P.s. the k my upside I see using the Gatling gun is for its cool noise and is fun but that'll get old because it's irrelevant weapon.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

The gat gun is very weak. Even if you had a T5 leg gat gun, a max epic flare gun would be worth using over it. But keep in mind it is new and there might be buffs in the future

3. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Mhm I got epic level 10 Gatling gun and im going to just put it to sleep forever like many will do after a month. Maybe make the Gatling gun burn up enemies if you hit a certain amount of time or the ship disables but whatever it needs something or it'll be a wasted new item that replaced the other wasted items that were deleted from the game

Ultrah and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

If u think about it, the gat gun is kinda like an accelerated flare gun, but doesn't give the beneficial effects of flare and has a long unload time. So yea for now it's still underpowered, @PastelPiku says that the event damage bonus for gat gun (+30% dmg) should be what it takes to make it viable dmg vise.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Eh, gatgun imho is up against the biggest kid on the block. With that 30% healblock and the DoT AND the combo chaining, FG is the central pillar for the "Big 3" of the oneslot weapons used for point offence. Flare, blast and grenade are like, THE most high powered combo-chaining guns in the game, at least from the 1 slot perspective.

Unless the gatgun gains an upgrade that makes it at least competitive to the flare, I say if you main a flare loadout, don't even look at GG.

6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Good points but flare's strength comes from, well, being a flare. You can put all of your training into gatling gun and lose some damage and maybe like 2 seconds on your flare, but it'll still have a 30% healblock and buff cannon damage for full value. The most important thing to consider is that the gat is not going to be very useful unless you're practically firing it nonstop.

Question: My gat has a 7s cooldown but that cooldown doesn't actually start until the last shot of the clip is fired, which takes about 2~3 seconds to empty. Does its DPS value consider this? Is the calculated DPS actually higher than most other weapons?

7. FearsomeChicken

I just calculated, unfortunately the dps value does not take the 15 shot unload time into consideration, hence the actual dps output is much lower, and lower still if u factor in shots that get interrupted by rising waves.

8. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Yea the devs needed to make a new weapon that would be used or at least semi used. Welp another item down the drain so far.

9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Looks pretty strong to me.

10. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Lol nice joke buddy.. this isn't a real life Gatling gun that'll tear all these other weapons apart

11. Padres

Padres Member

Larping
    Mhm.. I'm just trying this gatgun out but it's nothing compared to the flare gun it's a useless weapon.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  12. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Similarly, the flare dps rating is if you are continuously shooting flares, it doesn't align to a single flare shot and burn. You have to be chaining and maintaining multiple burns to hit the dps stated on the item. Granted it is much easier to do with a flare than gat... Just thought I'd mention that.

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I like the gat for low hp enemies, like ships with 100 or so hp left. I can take them out with the gat without having to worry about the long cool down I my other weapons.

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. FearsomeChicken

Uhm, there is a difference, a big one. Say you're 1vs1 with another defender, with flare you can keep flaring him until he's dead, and the damage you did with the flare, would be very close to the stated dps value. Now that is totally impossible with the gat gun, since its stated dps value assumes that the gat gun starts to reload the moment you fire a single shot, not 15. The time it takes to unload the 15 shots, before it actually starts to reload, would diminish the stated dps greatly.

15. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

That's a reaaallly interesting point. You're making me want to start trying to get dupes to eventually try it on my defender.

PastelPiku likes this.