1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Carronade doesn't do enough damage

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by OffensiveKOGuy17, 12 Sep 2018.

1. OffensiveKOGuy17

OffensiveKOGuy17 New Member

Plz make corronade ignore defence

2. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    What's your Carronade level and training? Max epic carronades deal 70 ish to defenders and lots more to fixers per pellet. Although turret and slow effects might need tweaks after this update.

3. RealChampion

RealChampion Member

Exactly... Like Gatling Gun, Caronades should also ignore defense otherwise these are useless. I have legendary Caronade which is less effective than standard cannon....

4. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

It was poorly planned to make gatling gun ignore defense. The developers should have reworked defense mechanics instead of negating it completely.

You guys are advocating for another direct nerf to defender. HP and defense are the only attributes defender has going for it.

Defense (for all boats) is nigh useless against ALL weapons other than carronade, missiles, and arguably standard cannon.

Not all weapons need be effective against the blue behemoth.

5. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

But it at least should be more effective against shooters.

6. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Meh... I thought the carronade was the spray gun used to slow down a speeder or enforcer to sink 'em.

I'm of the opinion defense should be reworked to be more effective against all weapons (excluding fire) and less effective (than it is now) against carronade. If it were a straight across the board percentage reduction of damage say up to 20%. It would be less effective against carronade, gatling gun, and missiles, but more effective against everything else.

A max'd defense defender saving in the neighborhood of 100-200 hp from a 4.5k mine, a 4k explosive cannon crit, or a 3.5k big torpedo hit is piss poor lame.

7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

What defender has 150 defense? No way a max carronade could do 70 dmg lol

8. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Bad memory but regardless a good carro can still do pretty well.

9. Joey who

Yea, a max carronade will do around 120-150 against the average defender. I do think they should ignore defense though

10. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Don't use the carronade then. Each weapon has its purpose, the carronade is supposed to be used to take down low defense targets in close quarter combat with its high dps, coupled with its slowing ability. By all means switch to a blast cannon if you wanna do heavy damage to high defense, or just go get a gattling cannon.

If everything starts ignoring defense, then what is the purpose of defense?! To brush off a 3k dmg big torp? Lol

11. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

The closer you are to your target, the more damage Carronade should do. Like Rail Gun, but in reverse.

12. Joey who

Carronade was nerfed hard back to back with max turrets and defense event perks, ignoring defense would give it some justification. And Idk what you mean by everything if only 1 point-type item has ever been able to ignore defense lol

13. XQT

XQT Member

I think we should just leave the defense mechanism or system as is. But increase the defense cap which is only at 100. Increase the base defense of defenders since it is its main attribute. Increase the defense of the perks. The epic perk for defense is only at 12 which is very underwhelming compared to the hitpoints perks.

As for the gatling gun and carronade, since it has small projectiles and IMO should have armor penetrating properties, it should be able to ignore defense but not all defense. I suggest that it can only ignore a part of the defense. For example, gg or carro deals 100 dmg per projectile. Target ship has 100 defense. Assume the projectiles can ignore only 60%, meaning each projectile can only deal 60 dmg per projectile. Add into the skill tree or perks that can increase the %defense ignored.

Dmg dealt = 100 dmg - 100 def * (1-.6) = 60dmg.

Add the property that the gg and carro projectiles can penetrate thru the tesla shields. It won't pop the bubbles but can damage the yellow boat inside the bubble.

14. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Because carronade is like the only thing defense is useful for, other than standard cannon. Every other weapon spits in the face of defense. Now I would agree if they buffed carronade's damage slightly, but not ignore defense.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  15. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Seeing and reading posts like this, one should think that Defenders rule the game, cause suddenly everyone hates defense, which by the way as another member of this conversation stated is the only upside the defender has.

Imagine if I should ask that every shot a Defender ship makes, the ship that is hit is slowed for 10 sec to 1/10 of its speed. It would be great for defenders but not for everyone else.

Like this example we should ask for the same rules for every weapon. Defense should be applied to every weapon, including fire, caronades, mortars, torpedoes everything.

It sure needs to change how defense is applied, so some weapons like fire, caronades and Gatling do indeed some damage instead of being negated as a whole.
    A good way would be instead of defense points to have defense percentage so every shot is affected.
    I'd like to hear opinions about it instead of everyone asking make this gun the super gun because I use it.

16. Joey who

Post update defender is actually a really good ship now. Besides the bug that is making defender shoot over ships but hope that gets taken care of soon

17. JediKnight1968

Better not good. It got a turning and turret speed upgrade but all the ships got it in larger scale so we are back to square one.
    The Defender has been nerfed not directly but by giving every other ship a bigger advantage in every change the devs did than what is given to a defender. Try hitting an Enforcer now. Its like watching a cat trying to catch the red dot of a laser pointer. I havent seen anyone asking for the shooters to lose a slot of weapons but everyone is asking for defense to not matter.

18. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

let's remove defense point from all ships and give every weapon +5% damage :confused:,

Gatling gun should never ignore defense but the problem is if they increased Gatling gun damage then it will be an OP item for new and low captain lvl players because they don't have much defense points so increasing damage will make it OP,

but they can remove defense point ignorance and move Gatling gun talents to high captain levels (like ExC ) ,but it is still a problem because there are many high captain level players at low league ,

so the best solution for now is removing Gatling gun because it is so annoying when someone hits you with it :confused::mad:.

19. JediKnight1968

If theres no defense then whats the point of a defender? Just the health?
    With that size and low number of weapon slots if you remove defense then there isnt a reason for keeping the Defender alive.

20. Joey who

Yes it should have. Or else it would continue to do almost no damage even as a max epic. Even now when it ignores defense it is still extremely weak and has an insanely long global cooldown, considering the cooldown technically starts once you shoot the first shot, while you are shooting all 15 shots and until you can shoot the next weapon. I still expect the gat gun to be buffed in the future.