1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats to THE DREAM TEAM! on Winning a Legendary Rivalry

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ænima, 12 Sep 2018.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I watched daily replays of obvious cheating. Maybe not obvious to the devs because they hardly understand the game at all but you could see players from BOTH GUILDS matching up and one side would pretend to try but it was obvious they were playing in a way that would result in an easy win for their guildmates on the other team. Of course they weren't going to straight up suicide but when you watch them it was very easy to tell. As I said before though, they were both doing the same thing so fair fight. If they want to blame the other guild for cheating they shouldn't have followed along

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

1) I'll be perfectly honest here ...

I'm of the opinion that guildmates should not be matched against each other. I was actively looking for a matches where guildmates were tanking matches to support my opinion for a post.

**If I had lost one match because of someone pulling punches, I would be the first person to blow up here about the change I want made**

I thought this rivalry would give me plenty of examples; but, after seeing more than a dozen of these matches with TDTE and Silencio matched against guildmates, I didn't see one example of anyone tanking matches for the guild.

So, while I can't say it didn't happen at all, I didn't see any signs of it. Surprisingly.

2) Both sides were subbing members in and out, but I don't see that as an issue with that - unless there are more week long events (which would be great to see). If so, the contributions could be limited to members that are in-guild at the start of the rivalry - if it's a big enough issue.

3) Why the week-long TDM events help with these massive quest numbers?

I am averaging around 30-40k damage a match (up to 70-80k) this event, so a 5x (boost) and 2x (fleet bonus) would put my contribution around 300-400k per win (on top of another 10x for specific item quests) .. So, it's not hard to imagine guilds putting up these gaudy numbers when they're getting this much value for each boost.

Anywho, with all that out of the way .. congrats to TDTE and Silencio for amazing performances!

It makes you wonder if they were to make a guild leagues - and your guild competed against all other guilds in your league for rivalry rewards - how much more exciting rivalries could be. Obviously, with higher leagues, there would be higher rewards .. and each guild's league could be listed their profile - for prestige.

Last edited: 12 Sep 2018
  3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Already mentioned how many we used. Half there amount. Only started substituting half way thru event. Plus no open cattle calls.

The entire concept is lame. Substitutions, etc.

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Good analysis. I guess those claims were false or people were just salty :p

5. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

I could be called biased, but I didn't see anything fundamentally wrong with the way the rivalry was conducted. There were no expectations of anyone throwing matches, only to play hard and win. Also, no subbing strategy happened on the TDTE side till Monday (i.e. trying to keep 25 online questing at all times) - so it's not like this was a pre-planned approach.

Don't understand all the salty tears about trying to ensure there were always 25 people online contributing - more people wanted to help The Dream Team win than those willing to help Silencio - so what? If they had been playing with only 25 then that's one thing, but they weren't - so how is it TDTE's fault that more people wanted to help them win? Either way, I don't see it as against the rules if people want to pull these kind of player swaps.

Good idea not to allow players from opposing guilds in an active rivalry play on the same team. No one wants to help the rival win, so it seems against the spirit of the contest in the first place.

Anyways, congrats to all that participated - Silencio and Dream Team - in this rivalry for the ages!

6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

All cool. Best regards Dream Team. If u want a real challenge next time we face each other.... here is the Gauntlet. Pick 25 players. And we will pick 25. Only 2 substitution allowed. In case a guild member gets sick, or whatever. That means once the rivalry ends only 27 total will have contributed.

I double dog dare ya all.

Feel free to accept or decline in here. Then have your guild leader talk to ours. And we will see u in a week.

Jaws

Shadow Moon! and Spinners71 like this.
  7. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Does the guild quest board reset after the impossible board?

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

No, you just get additional impossible boards, until the rivalry ends.

9. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Oh ok thanks

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Sorry, to clarify: you get ‘more boards’ at the same ‘impossibile’ difficulty. Not boards that are ‘more impossible’.

11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Oh god... SKW1D will never stand a chance..

12. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Impossible 2?

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

LMFAO. You guys are shameless af. Win trading and ruining other players matches like it's guild exploit season of 2017 and now shamelessly posting your dirty work here because Devs most like not gonna ban you for all the money you guys spent on pearls.

14. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
  15. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

It's like Mission: Impossible 2 - 20 (or whatever sequel they're on now) ... you can't get more impossible than impossible so it just repeats over and over.

16. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

Lol.. The fight of Century .. ROFL

SILENCIO VS DREAM TEAM FB_IMG_1536812643024.jpg

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm assuming the two zero quest guilds (DROVA and <<||NS*TEAM||>>) are newly abandoned shell guilds? If not that then The Dream Team and Silencio would have to be brand new zero-quest guilds to be in that Rivalry.

18. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    anyone have do the math of how many token they got ?:confused:

19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Tokens for clearing 21 boards = 252,000
    Tokens for clearing 259 quests = 488,000
    Tokens for winning the battle, 42,000
    So for any players that joined before the round started and stayed for the entire battle would have earned 782,000 tokens.

20. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

So only Banderas and Yorken