1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Post update: from a rudder user

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by c3n3, 5 Sep 2018.

1. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Hello all, I want to give a clear review of the update. First off, the devs released this, everyone went crazy (including myself). The change was drastic. People instantly went to give crappy reviews. The update it it of itself was decent, it was the change from the old bay that was screwy

A new weapon! This weapon will probably be tweaked, but currently it seems only to be useful against yellows and the fixer. Remember this is a one slot weapon, it can't just destroy everything, but being able to do damage against a defender is needed.

No more slow turning. Turning was so dang slow before the update (with no rudder), and now all the ships have full control of direction. This by itself is a good change (although a sensitivity control is needed), but it feels hollow as a previous rudder user. First off is loosing my rudder. I had a level 20 epic rudder (I could never get duplicates). This rudder could get my speeder and my enforcer to max or near max agility. I had to trade that for another item. I already had a small shield, a big shield, and a turbo. I did not have a bandage so I traded it for a bandage. This was not much of a fair trade do to the nature of the items. The bandage heals for around 70. The rudders effect was substantially better than what this level 20 bandage can do. The perk compensation was enough to make me ok with it though.

Now the effects of no more rudder or gearlube. This is the main part of which I am disappointed in. Before the update it was a choice of more health or more agility. Choosing more agility was reliant on the person's skill. So naturally everyone chose more health as it is the easiest advantage to have. The concept is the same reason why shooters are the main ship, more fire power. I will not lie, I am having great fun having full health and max agility. I already trained myself in max agility so I bassically got an easy buff and my infamy shows it. The rest of the player base got a hard buff, they have to learn to control their boat now, so it benefits rudder users more. Why I am ticked off is the fact that there is no more choice. No choice of whether I want to win by sheer power or win off of skillful play style. They are now one in the same. I recommend having some sort of talent conflicts where people can choose agility over health, firepower, rewards, cooldowns times, or even have major conflicts between ship agility and turret speed. These should be spread out to the captains of bhurt, Brock, and burnice. These captains are the ones where more health or more firepower is found.

Finally my speeder really doesn't like this update. I cannot circle people anymore. There is no possibility of even trying to out run the enemies turret as it is maxed now. I recommend a buff in frost so that it now affects ship agility and turret rotation. Also fire should do the same to a lesser extent. I also believe that the speeder now feels slower than the other ships, especially enforcer and even my fixer. Buff it's speed to 1.9 to increase the skill factor surrounding it.

Also we should delete flare from game

JK on the flare part, maybe

2. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Solid feedback.

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    100% with you, man, I'm so glad there are other pre-update rudder users on my side.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Speeder definitely needs a buff... I think it is more than capable of handling the additional speed, now that the turret and movement has been buffed... But are we looking at a buff to base speed as well?

5. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Actually that was the one piece I didn't necessarily agree with. I'm not sure speeder needs a buff yet, especially not top-end speeders. The nightmare speeders I've seen recently have been dominant and really hard to kill.

6. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Instead of higher base speed for speeder (worse latency issues for guys trying to hit speeders), I recommend a reduction of global cooldown just for speeders. Currently global cooldown is at 2.5 seconds, reduce it to 2 seconds for speeders then you can gain back the 'skill' part which is now missing. Choose whether you wanna spam nitros faster, or spam more of your dual weapons, react faster than anyone else.