1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

NERF MINES

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by bryan660, 9 Sep 2018.

1. bryan660

bryan660 New Member

I’m sick and tired of getting one-shotted by epic maxed mines 99% of the time when I play with speeder, enforcer or fixer they’re broken af.

2. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

upload_2018-9-9_13-59-31.jpg

I actually think mines are pretty well balanced. I've been using 1-2 snipers, 1 firebomb, 1 mine as part of my standard load out for a while.
    My FB is slightly lower "level" than my mines (hence slightly lower dmg total). And I sometimes, but rarely, only run 1 sniper (hence slightly lower 44.8/2 = 22,4 each)
    Over thousands of games my 3 core weapons damage output is about the same.

So yeah, mines do massive damage, but they're a weapon of chance - they only sometimes work. On average they don't do more damage than other weapons in my experience.

Last edited: 9 Sep 2018
  3. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

U probably get too frustrated,but I understand you,especially the moment when you are playing yellow ships and stepped on a mine yr ship immediately goes ka-boom,and you would like to throw yr phone out of the window.....:D

Fluid Bait and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  4. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Thumbs up;);):D:D:p

5. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    There's a thing called ' looking where you're going'. Works WONDERS. Now only requires 1 brain cell. If it doesn't work, you get an extra brain cell. That's my money back guarantee.

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  6. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Thank you for explaining why mines do not need a nerf, and not being this guy ↓

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Mines are probably more of a nuisance during events (when some people spam them to get high damage regardless of the number of deaths they suffer), but @Cpt Obvious data is fantastic in showing their balance over a very long period of time.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There are a number of flaws in this argument:
    • We are often travelling in a different direction to which we are looking/shooting
    • It is impossible to tell the difference between friendly mines and enemy mines
    • Maps with darker seas make mines harder to spot than blue sea maps
    • It is harder for ships with OB or nitro to see mines due to having less time to react
    • It is harder for speeder to avoid them as they have a very low POV.
    • Mines are sometimes hidden where they can’t be seen such as long grass, around corners or in shipwrecks or repair boxes.
    However, if there’s an experienced player who’s never hit a mine who’d like to argue otherwise, then I’m happy to change my mind.

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree that mines are UNFAIR for the speeders of this game, however, you might want to try using a grenade. On a speeder, it not only gives the highest possible guaranteed burst in the game, it also opens up your FOV. You'll be able to see mines better if you use it.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Ah, the humble grenade..

Nice weapon. AOE, fire chance, good FOV, and isn't powerful enough for whiny babies to complain.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Now many Nightmare players have a t4 or t5 legendary mines. I saw the mines of @YSL doing 5800 damage. That's too much for a single slot weapon to do. Now imagine what t5 would do:confused:

When we talk about the mine, I don't think it is OP. But what is happening is more players are using mines and it has become impossible to play without hitting a mine in a game ( The use of mine will keep increasing over time). Now imagine being in the worst situation, u hit those t5 leg mines and u'll dead in next 15 sec or so, if ur team doesn't have a fixer. That's flawed right there.

Again, I don't think mines are OP, but the fact that more players are using it now, makes it look like OP. And I feel no single slot weapon should do more than 6000 damage. They need to readjust the damage and also the mechanism of how mine works to make it balanced.

12. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

100% Agree with you;););)