1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

You've done it rovio! I was able to adjust to the update.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Elothean, 9 Sep 2018.

1. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

Yes, I have been able to adapt playing the fast pace style that you like. However after each game, with all that turning and aiming, I am unable to stand up straight and walk properly for a few minutes.

Is that what you want to happen to your players? I love this game and tried my best to adjust, but the game now has some major health implications. I am still dizzy typing this post.

Miathan likes this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Same. Got a headache after playing an hour straight. I still enjoy the game and I'm one of those people that actually like the fast agilities but not playing much for the same reason.

Miathan and Fluid Bait like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Some players can adapt to the agility update, some(like @Elothean and @Joey who) cannot. Devs need to look into this.

As for you guys, you might want to turn down the control sensi sliders in your settings, I hope it'll reduce your dizziness for now

Nikkie!, Elothean and Ultrah like this.
  4. Joey who

I can. I love it honestly, just gives me a headache after a while

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Still tho, I don't think it should. You're an enfo main too, aren't you? I stay strictly away from playing enfo any more than five games in a session, personally. Dizziness is a very real issue and needs to be discussed.

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. Joey who

Never. Til death do us part

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

Lol wut

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Lol yeah,I couldn’t even stand a single match playing the events with enforcer,with the highest ship agility against all ships the camera’s keep turning.....feeling dizzy and had to give up playing bb for a while now

9. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

I did all the tricks and contol combinations to make it work. I was able to find the best for me to play effectively, however I should lie down after games to be able to recover lol

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Joey who

When 2 people get married they say "til death do us part" lol

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The only way I could adapt to the too-high agility is to do the following:

Turn On:
    • Cruise Control. I can't keep a straight line myself, so auto-pilot it is.
    • Camera Sensitivity turned up to 1.7. That allows me to switch camera direction as fast as the Turret moves.
    • Center Joystick to touch. This avoids the camera angle accidentally switching with the left side of the screen.

Turn Off:
    • Rotate Camera With Ship. I loved this setting before, but now with max Rudder it's horrible.
    • Autopilot. I have yet to understand the purpose of this... as I rarely want to just run right into the enemy.
    • Camera Relative Steering. I tried it, don't like it. If I have it on, I want Reversing off because the boat gets too tied up, and at any rate the Rudder is so high one may as well treat the boat as an omnidirectional vehicle.

It's been very hard to un-train myself to navigate and aim at the same time as I'm used to. Now I just stick on cruise control and focus on aiming, and steering is now done with both thumbs. This new scheme takes away a good chunk of game control.... so much that switched from Shooter to Defender because it has 20% less Rudder and more sane to control.

I think the joystick can be tweaked to make this work better. For example anything 50 degrees from 0 will use a stable path and 90 degrees will use the max Rudder to turn.

Even though I have adapted 75% so far, I don't like the game as much as I did before max agility was forced on us.

Last edited: 9 Sep 2018
    BattleRascal and TheAntiSnipe like this.