1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Target Lock likes to turn off randomly post-update

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PastelPiku, 6 Sep 2018.

1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Yeah, there's enough threads on the agility problem, I wanna address something else. Not sure why, but since the update's release, my turret likes to unlock from its targets seemingly at random now. Sometimes it's when they fly past me quickly, other times they're right in front of me. Not sure why this is happening.

A bit of info, I turned off auto-aim in the settings, not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but it does worsen the problem of suddenly not being locked on when you want to fire.

LimeOnMars likes this.
  2. KilledWhale

KilledWhale Developer

Are you talking about the actual target lock button or the turret behaviour in general?

3. PastelPiku

Security
    I guess both? The button switches off on its own. I started using auto aim and the problem is less noticeable now.

4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I personally experienced the target lock failing, when im in close combat and i'm locked on to a fixer, and he circles around me or nitros away, the lock on will drop off.

ShipCrusherCz and PastelPiku like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Happened to me too btw. Since I'm a more in-your-face player, I tend not to use target lock when I'm really close, but this is annoying. If it is a bug, please fix!

PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  6. Dirty Boathole

Dirty Boathole Member

As a player who doesn't use the "Target Lock" feature, I am not sure how it works. Does the button turn off when ships (despite being directly in your view and range) randomly disappear/teleport/fall behind a wave that never ends? Instances of those issues have been higher since the addition of the "Predict Vertical Aiming" feature was added, and I have experienced targeting issues that will switch to a ship behind the one I want to target.

On a related note, I have had numerous occurrences to the opposite effect with random activations. Since I couldn't remove the button from my HUD, I used to minimize it and drag it to a top corner. Unfortunately, this simply made it harder to turn off when the random activations occurred and I had to increase the size of the button to ensure I can turn it off quickly.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What I think the bug is:

Pre-3.2, a 180° maneuver from the enemy or any other such drastic change in target vectoring, was an automatic lock-break, because turrets... Simply couldn't track that fast!

Post-3.2, that is no longer the case. Somehow, the logic for the lock-break has stayed the same, I think.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Target lock needs to be improved for situations where multiple unfriends are visable. Trying to cycle between all visable players trying to target the one you want to engage wastes precious time. I was thinking maybe have the option to select a player to target lock from the names at the top of the hud when they are visable. Also have the ship and name "grey out" when they are hidden. That would help flankers know when they are spotted and also make tap to target acquisition easier.

9. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    You can tap on unfriends to lock on them after they are visible

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Did not know that lol, I'll have to try it out

PastelPiku likes this.
  11. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Target lock button just goes off randomly

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. ROYAL SINKER

ROYAL SINKER Member

i think this happen After locked a ship and other ship come too closer the target pick closed one....

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. ROYAL SINKER

ROYAL SINKER Member

Try turning off smart targeting because i had a same error but now ok ...

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. PastelPiku

Security
    More on this topic, I believe this is a somewhat new-ish/unspoken feature that could use some improvement. When target locked, I'd like to see like some form of indicator on each targetable enemy. It should be something easy to see and tap on to target that player, while at the same time not being too visually obstructing—like a thin box around the enemy. Tapping on their ship currently can sometimes be more difficult than just using the directional arrows, especially when dealing with speeders or distant enemies.

15. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Target lock going off by itself is killing me..
    I always use target lock because i move too much. Now it turn itself off and i take a lot of dmg for that.
    Plz fix this

16. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me, but I’ve noticed this happening as well, I lock a target and ten seconds later the target is unlocked, not sure what is causing it.

PastelPiku and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  17. DragonLegend

No devs response. Maybe because we are in wrong sub forum

18. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Or they are investigating it?

19. DragonLegend

Lol.. you should ask them. Not raise questions.:p

20. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There’s a dev reply as the second post on this thread. So I think they know that some people believe their’s a bug.