1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

For Defenders only: do you like the new update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by XQT, 5 Sep 2018.

?

As a defender, do you like the new update?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Neutral

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  1. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I'm a defender, and I don't like the update because I don't think it's that fair for the other ships right now. Speeders have lost their ability to outspeed turrets, which is one of the main strategies, even though they've already been nerfed enough times. And I've heard that enforcer is now near impossible to control because of it being too agile, and now it's really hard to do it's signature enfo dance. And mortars/torps are hard to aim because the turret turns too fast and the ships can turn away from it fast as well. Also, Gatling gun deals too little damage atm, dmg needs to be increased and then reduce the magazine size to 12 or something.

2. d_p air

d_p air Member

And this is good, yellows were dominating boats on the bay since very beginning. Look at the top at the end of every season - 90% are all yellows. So if it will work as you described, the update will balance the boats in bb and good shooters, defenders and fixers will be able to be among the top players.

*JAWS* likes this.
  3. XQT

XQT Member

I'm fine with decreasing the defender's agility. But can they also buff the defender (mark 6/7) at the same time. Maybe an additional HP and/or increase the blue slot points from 6 to 7 so we exchange 1 small shield to a big shield. My other suggestion would be to make the defender the opposite of the shooter. Mark 6/7 shooters have 8 red slot points and 4 blue slot points. Defender mark 6/7 should then have 4 red slot points and 8 blue slot points (3x big shields ). I know those double explosive cannons will not like this but they can change 1 of their ExC into blast cannon.

4. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Love the update. I have a T5 Rudder and Gear lube, promptly traded for more shields. Defender actually feels usable now.

FearsomeChicken and *JAWS* like this.
  5. ROYAL SINKER

ROYAL SINKER Member

As.. difender i like this update because now we have max agility so we can avoid tops,mine ,mortar and can stand against speeders, in auto pilot mode we can trakdown enemies if they r hiding so u dodon'like it .guy's it's takes time to use it .we already had event and got some experience so just play some battle or custom .

6. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Ahhh didn't realize that autopilot will now track down the chicken runners trying to draw out games. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

Turkett

7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Fair?

Previous this update Defender was trash.

Not worried about fair.

Probably the latest update goes too far. But defender did need a buff.

Jaws

Flipscuba likes this.
  8. ROYAL SINKER

ROYAL SINKER Member

Yeah i agree....previous update i did only 3k,4k dmg but latest update i'm back to normal now doing 13k, 15k and sometime getting out off control ,it's ok now we r maxx so need to be focus on wepon and skills

9. SeaNavy

If one ships is buffed, and another ship is nerfed to the death, and then they make changes and then it becomes visa versa, it's just going to keep repeating in a cycle. Balancing the ships rather than constantly making some ships op and other ships up is better.

10. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

I love the agility. I wish I had a do-over on the transmutation, though. I wasn't thinking straight and picked another shield when I could've had a lvl 50 bandage.

Yeah, well, shut up. I don't see why Defenders should be punished because the other boat users are crying.

Uhhh, how about you don't screw over an entire section of the playerbase just for some weird sort of mirroring with Shooters?

Last edited: 8 Sep 2018
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think this is definitely a Defender Buff. They get extra slots for more shields and bandages, a fast turret for yellow boats, and IMO the agility is at a much better sweet spot than other boats. For the event I leveled up my Defender because I don't like the way Shooter drives with the new agility. The decreased agility is pretty nice.

12. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I ran my defender today for event. Was enjoyable.

Still getting used to all unfriends trying to pull a crazy Ivan circle move. But overall was fun.
    I think people will adapt across the board.

Defender boat feels like an improvement on having fun. And feeling somewhat relevant to helping your team win.

Now will it jump other boats in terms of league play? And meta? We shall see. But so far....this shark likes what he's seen.

Jaws

13. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Time to get back on big Blue and change your ign back to JAWS:D

14. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Now i don't have to worry about leg blue item cause now i know i'll be getting something Good!
    and My Defender loves Me...
    @P0rthos :)sigh: i really wish he was here)

15. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

It isn't about balancing yellow boats. Playing enforcer will actually make you dizzy. You can turn around in 0.5 seconds. It's insane. It also means that speeders(whose strength is 1 on 1 battles)can no longer use their speed in those battles to outrun turrets. On my speeder I can run rings around a shooter, but their turret just follows me and keeps pumping out blast cannon shots.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  16. SeaNavy

Yellow boats can't outrun turrets anymore, but once they adapt, it's going to be really hard to hit them because now they can throw off your aiming with their new insane agilities. This is, in a way, an indirect nerf to defenders because their primary weapon is ec which has slow preojectile speed.

P.s.
    On enforcer, if you turn both your ship and your turret, it will actually take 0.72 seconds, not 0.5 ;)

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  17. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

"Two extra slots" sure, for those 5 Defenders who actually used rudder AND lube.

18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Already back ign as *JAWS*
    My original in game name.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  19. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I know, I play speeder just as much as defender. The best strat I've developed is nitroing directly at the defender after they shoot(during the 2.5 second window), and then turning to one side or the other and nitroing. The ex cannon shot always misses.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.