1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing 3.2 Hotfix Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 6 Sep 2018.

1. Stig

Stig Member

I am happy they are making changes. I don't expect them to overreact and take back Everything .... And I don't want that. They are working with us and thats good. Will be much happier to battle knowing progress is being made.

2. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

It would be nice to know that concerns were acknowledged and not ignored. The number of complaints are not just a disgruntled few but what appears to be a large part of the bay.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Grim Repair likes your comment.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

And you know that I've been a rudder bro :)

Provided the current settings are here to stay, expect a new tutorial video soon!;)
    You'll either need a binitro or a maxed out CD epic(as in, it can be a T5, but it must have a CD of less than 5s), however. Idk what I'd do without that, will have to see about it:)

Sidd gamer and PastelPiku like this.
  4. Monkey D Luffy..

Monkey D Luffy.. New Member

Pleaseee at least make the agility customizable !!! You can top the limit of each ship to a certain agility but the player got the free will to customize his ship

How on earth did you expect players used to play on a certain pace and angles of movement for years to get used to a whole new level of control just like that !!!

I am moving the ship and suddenly am going backwards !!!!

The best solution for everyone to make it customizable

5. XQT

XQT Member

I agree on this.

JediKnight1968 and Dobson like this.
  6. REAL"

REAL" Member

After the hotfix, it is much more better now
    However, enforcer is still uncontrollable because of the extreme high agility
    The high agility make enforcer difficult to move back and front (dance)

Please decrease its agility too, thanks :)

7. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    same here

8. XQT

XQT Member

I'm worried about the GG totally ignoring the defense. I would have preferred that it just ignores a percentage of the defense. The amount of %def ignored can be increase through training instead of the cooldown decrease.

Or if the logic on why it can totally ignore defense is because its projectile are so small that it can pierce through defense or armor, then I think it would also be logical that GG projectile can also pass thru TS. The GG will not pop the bubble but can damage the TS user. This logic should also apply with carronade since I think, carronade's projectile is also small.

JediKnight1968, xArrogance and Jowiee like this.
  9. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

Agreed on carronade having same effect as gg go through shields as well, after all it’s range is so short and scatters the farther out the target is, carronade needs a buff on slow turret trainings as 40% on these new agilities is not a lot considering many of these agilities have increased by min 50% and higher.

10. Wargle

Wargle New Member

That’s it? I guess you can call it progress, but it’s not enough. They took 10 steps backward overnight, and then a 1/2 step forward. I came back hoping to see a new post with them falling on the sword, apologizing for a colossal failure, and announcing when they were fixing it.
    Only a small few even care about GG - too new to have even used it for most, and certainly not to have built it up to level of other weapons. The agility nonsense affects EVERYONE - why not start there??

Shadow Moon! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Carronade and GG should be on the same skill tree too.

Defense should be % based not a fixed low 50def.... while mines do 5000dmg, bigtrop 4000, cannons 2000+, all 3 burns also pierces through defense, now so does GG. Wtf is defender’s defense supposed to do? This game’s game designer needs to go back to game design 101 school and take some basic math classes while at it. 1% per epic defense would even make more sense than a messily 9dmg per perk.

Pissed

Last edited: 7 Sep 2018
    JediKnight1968 likes this.
  12. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

ENFORCE STILL hard to balance

Dobson likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

The most elegant solution for defence that I’ve heard, is to keep it exactly how it is, but set a lower limit on how much it can reduce damage to, which is higher than zero.

For example, it might be -100 damage, but not more than 25%. So a Blast Cannon shot that does 800 damage, would only do 700 (same as now), however a Blast that does 300 damage would do 225 (because it can’t be reduced more than 25%). A Gatling Gun Shot that does 20 damage would do 15.

This system is less intrusive than switching entirely to percentages, as it would leave most weapons the same, but be a buff for Carronades and Gatling Guns.

I think it’s also less ugly than the ad hoc solution of Gatling Guns ignoring defense.

14. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Started playing binitro enforcer with a tesla bolt, it's pretty rad. My speeder is still iffy for me but enforcer agility is more than I could've ever asked for. Maybe a week, give or take, I think I can transfer my skills over to this new enfo setup.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. XQT

XQT Member

Just clarifying my post about GG. What i meant of GG ignoring just a % of the defense. This is what i have in mind.
    For example, 1 projectile can deal 100 dmg. The target has a 50 defense. Assuming that the GG can only ignore the 40% of the target's defense, this would be the damage calculation:
    100 dmg - 50*.6 = 70 dmg per projectile
    This means 60% of the defence will still be negated to the damage of each projectile.

As for the training, i suggest that instead of the GG cooldown, the %def ignored would increase. I think the GG cooldown is close to the carronade GG. Considering the range of both carronade and GG, I would pick the GG since its cooldown is too close with the carronade.

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I agree, I wanted some armor penetration, but 100% may be too much. I think we should cut the armor penetration from 100% → 40% as you suggested. This is enough to still damage high defense targets, but gives it more power against lighter ships, similar to the carronade. It wouldn't hurt to give it like 10% more base damage as well, to balance a little bit with the armor penetration reduction.

Glad the weapon recieved such a quick improvement, I think it can be balanced pretty well with just a few more tweaks.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. • Poison •

• Poison • Member

I agree, the defenders need some love and have been the underdogs for such a long time. That is why there are so few Defenders up at higher ranks.. and the ones that are can definitely do better on other ships. Probably the only ship that really appreciated the boost from the agility and turrent rotation changes is the Defender ship. I agree, they should have kept it at the higher value, like they did with enforcer.

18. inder

inder New Member

Please buff defender !!! Jai javan jai kissan

JediKnight1968 likes this.
  19. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

THIS :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: