1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing 3.2 Hotfix Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 6 Sep 2018.

1. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Initially I thought the new Gatling gun was made for Defenders. Now with the changes, it's make to kill Defenders. Increase agility or not, defenders are still slow. Health and defenses are defenders only attributes. Now an enforcer in a Telsa shield can shred defenders easier. In due time, defenders will disappear because of this new weapon.

JediKnight1968 and CHUCK NORRIS like this.
  2. Mehabadz

Mehabadz New Member

Worst update i've ever seen in the game you will see an all shooter defender game soon

3. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

@ShipCrusherCz
    speeder's only real defense was speed, now it's useless as form of defense because everyone can hit speeder easily. Speeders still have smallest hit box and fastest speed, nitro makes so many shots miss!

why?
    You should okay defender in nightmare league and see for yourself every weapon is super strong against defenders and focus fire can drop a defender in under 20 seconds the same can not be said for yellow boats that can use shield nitro overboost or stun to its advantage

stun is usually almost instantly removed by teammate's shot, I stated something and you responded with sarcasm:rolleyes:
    Not always I have had myself stunned for 3 minutes straight trying to get it broken bybsolash or direct damage

please don't use these generalisations, they're not true
    I played all ships before I chose enfo, I was able to win 1v3 against shooters and get highest damage and pentakill with defender, it's all about tactics
    defender was supposed to be tank-highest hp and defence points, mediocre firepower, that was balanced by biggest hitbox (although it was probably too big), lowest agility and speed, that could be imho fair, if they made some little adjustements
    Since explosive cannon cool downs were increased defenders have been at an even larger disadvantage this indirectly made the rise of double bubbles as fewer bubbles were getting popped by defenders and enforcers became speedy defenders with their bubbles absorbing huge amounts of damage.

it's SPEEDer...it's supposed to be fastest and most tricky boat, that is is balanced by lowest hp, defence points, firepower (tied with mk6 and 7 fixers)

only maxed epic and legendary shields with hp perks were/ are really op, other shields should break after one shot (and it is supposed to absorb all excessive damage), if 4 seconds are not enough for you to react, then I don't know...
    Shields in nightmare league are typically 1500 hp and stronger what weapons can break those consistently for a defender then take into account only 3 weapons it can carry and cool down and be effective in nightmare league? Now mind you those 3 weapons have to have 100% accuracy and we know that is not a reality when having to target fast moving ships or deal with waves!

nope:rolleyes:
    enfo is more agile and they were able to circle around thanks to their speed, not due to their agility
    btw, it was possible to kill speeder even when he was circling around you
    Enfo has highest agility in the game now after devs adjusted the agility for speeders defenders and shooters, enforcers have equal speed forward and reverse and have double bubbles to their advantage. But speeders can still do tighter turns and hunt like piranhas and get out of spots the fastest while zigging and zagging a defender has only chance of dodging some torps if it’s remotely lucky, every other shot you can hit a defender too easily and drop that hp fast flare gun blast cannon or explosive then stun rinse and repeat defender drops fast 1v1

they're tanks, highest hp etc.
    they need to be the biggest ships
    Defenders have no defense other than being a big bullseye with all that health that melts easily in nightmare league.

I agree that pre-update agility of defender was low, but this is way too much and balance breaking

the problem is, that gear lube was optional and trust me, defender with lube was nightmare of speeders, now it's just...

I want defenders to have higher agility than before update, but this is too much
    speeders were agile even before update, why further nerf them?

I guess that there are more than 10 defender mains in nightmare, problem is, that damage in nightmare is too high so defenders' high hp is not an advantage

Defenders hp is just a little longer sustaining in battle without turret agility being restored to what it was before hotfix or reversing update altogether to bring back gear lube and rudder, defenders have in effect been nerfed!

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

there would be no problem with gatling gun's damage if defence was %
    that's imho another thing devs made wrong, defence is useless against hard-hitters and op against weapons with multiple projectiles

TVNPryde likes this.
  5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

@/•|•\ CHUCK NORRIS please don't add your reactions in quotation, I won't respond because getting your your reactions from that quotation requires too too much time (I don't have that much free time)

6. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

Nope defenders will be the first extinct ship, devs have all but ensured it with hotfix.

JediKnight1968 and TVNPryde like this.
  7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

With all the changes lately, I feel that the devs just do something and hope for the best. There were little thinking putting into the changes. Every change seemed to break something.

8. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

That was the only way to address every quote you did as you made too much work for me

9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Is it really the defenders that are having trouble or people who just use defender as a steamroller to spam cannons in the face point blank meta? Because I use defender as my primary and the update before the hotfix was horrible.

This hotfix is an obvious compromise, they can't go back to preupdate after cracking everybody up on agility.

10. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

let me make this plain and simple, defenders had max attributes that could be reached on turret and rudder agility through training and use of rudder and/or gear lube. I used a legendary level 10 gear lube with 3 epic perks and had training that had my turret higher than 50.0 with still more training and leveling of my gear lube available to do to further increase. Now defenders can no longer have the ability to increase their turret or agility pass what a leg level 10 did yet every other ship agility is increased far beyond that, thus hurting defenders even more since the hotfix, defender ship was viable for 24 hours after update finally after being neglected for so long, now this has effectively nerfed defenders that everyone is turning faster and targeting them even faster that frankly 20k hp mk7 can not last long in battle anymore at nightmare league level when so many weapons deal 1500+ per hit. Defenders are the tallest ship the wisest hit box on the bay, it has 3 weapons that it has to try and be effective with against double bubbles, fast movers, and shooters, with the lowest turret agility and speed in the game it’s no longer viable past 3500 infamy honestly. For once I want someone who does play all ship regularly and recently to come on and say honestly the truth about defenders and not be biased because yellow ships are their mains and they just happy defenders got nerfed even more. Yellows you have 5-6 items to use actively that if used right you can own any ship on the bay whether you are a speeder or an enforcer. Look at global top 50 see how many defenders are there.

JediKnight1968 likes this.
  11. Yanij

Yanij Member

The point is simple I had epic t5 rudder with leg and epic perks which had more agility then they giving now and right now defender is slow in turning compared to what I had , now problem is I can't get back to my defender because there is no rudder while all other ships which never used rudder or gearlube got upgrade defenders which used those items got downgraded in which universe does that sound fair play

JediKnight1968, inder, XQT and 2 others like this.
  12. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

Yes and those ships got their max or higher agility then what was previously available with rudder or lube yet defenders got capped well below what their potential was with gear lube and/or rudder.

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m happy to agree with you, Defenders needed a buff. Please don’t blame Speeders though, we’ve also been nerfed to hell over recent months, and were probably the 2nd worst ship after Defender.

What you’ve got to realise though is that Defender got a pretty significant buff in this update. You’ve got a free legendary Rudder and Gearlube, without having to sacrifice any shields, that’s pretty awesome on Defender.

You might think the Speeder also got a buff (an even bigger one), but it didn’t, because there is a point of diminishing returns with agility. My Speeder was already agile enough to do everything I wanted. All this extra agility is mostly waste.

Imagine if they had given everyone +5 weapons (just humour me). For Speeders and Fixers it would be amazing, no more cooldowns, but for Shooters it would be terrible. Suddenly they’re up against all these super powered Speeders and Fixers armed to the teeth, and what have they got? Ten guns, half of which, they probably won’t have time to use.

That’s what I mean about diminishing returns.

I feel for you man, I really do, and I absolutely support a more balanced game that includes defenders; but please don’t be angry at Speeders. We’ve been sitting right next to you in the underpowered corner for months, and while other ships got significant buffs out of this update, our ship’s performance has actually changed very little, which is a huge nerf.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  14. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

Speeders got short end of the stick as well when you compared to what enforcers have gotten, but defenders are no longer viable as they once used to be. I know the days of defenders have all but ended unless the devs stop this blind eye towards defenders and do something realistic and measurable to make them able to be viable again, we are not asking for everything under the sun we are just asking give us a fighting chance.

15. BBayer

BBayer New Member

No, my control was perfect. I wish devs changed agility level to be adjustable by all players.
    So they can choose the controls which are most comfortable for them. Not lowering the agility :(

The last update was awesome in my opinion. I'm a shooter btw. Players seem to be more active during matches, which makes this game more fun.

This ↓

16. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

I was disappointed in the lack of acknowledgement from the developers in general and the Grim Repair specifically about a seemingly large number of members who are discontent with the latest patch. When I saw this post I was encouraged and then I read it and was discouraged at the lack of “I hear you.” I became irritated when I saw the the Grim Repair had “liked” several comments. Of course they were all “thank you for the patch!” ones. So you CAN get an acknowledgment from the developers if you praise them for the fix.

Several have posted that long time battlers in their guilds have or are considering scrapping inventory and leaving the game. I think that thought is everywhere including my guild. So thanks for nothing.

17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My guild was a top 50 guild on Monday. Since then we dropped to nearly 200 after a bunch of players quit. I’ve actually lost track of how many now, but it was 6 or 8 people. Not an insignificant percentage of the guild.

18. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Only personal feelings/opinion after trying all of boats all of today:

Speeder is fast but stable to me, so is shooter.

Others i would still micro adjust to get the feeling of weight yet retaining fast turret:

(Turning/Turret)
    Speeder 90/90 (as is)
    Enfo 120/130 -> 80/110
    Fixer 70/110 -> 70/100
    Shooter 70/70 (as is)
    Defender 50/50 -> 50/60 (agree with yanij)

Only one who feels more ’flimsy/light’ than others for me, is enfo (only because of the superboosted ship rotation, not turret)

19. BasedCarpen

I agree we should go back to preupdate and combine rudder and lube into one item, it's simply not going to happen.

This update was in no way a nerf to defender, now you get increased turret and rudder for free and keep the two blue slots. Nobody in their right mind would give up a blue slot for the difference in current agility and the previous max

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. BasedCarpen

I have several members from my guild in limbo as well, the update made them lose interest, who knows if they will return or be as active