1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing 3.2 Hotfix Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 6 Sep 2018.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

If Shooters are going to have 80% of my agility, so that they aren’t ‘helpless’ (allegedly), in situations where I’m trying to move behind them; then I want to have 80% of their weapons, for the situations where I just want to sit there and spam the fire button.

Fair is fair after all. If their turret is always pointing at me, then I (logically) need to be able to beat them head on.

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  2. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Thats not gonna happen because they hate yellow boat.
    Only shooter is there favorite.
    They are gone mad.
    Yellow boat specially my setup is killed now.
    Uninstalled the game.
    Its not worth to waste years building meta setup which get nerfed in middle before it is maxed out.
    First I worked on frost torp but it got nerfed before I can get it to max level.
    Then I worked on flare ex cannon but again the same.
    Then I gave it last try to flare blast and bubble.... But not again it also got nerfed.
    Agility was the only advantage for enforcer and speeder all yellow got destroyed
    Now guess who will rule the bay.
    Imagine shooter vs enforcer 1on1
    It was a nice move by devs to equilise agility of all ships... .player with high gears win.... Smart way to earn money.
    Any way bye bye.
    Will miss the bay.
    :(:(:(:(

3. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Nice joke

Attached Files:

4. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

It’s funny how adjustments were made to defender ship by a team that predominantly uses non defender ship! Not one defender used had an issue from the top defenders yet your team went ahead and hit the super nerf defender ship option when they should stop stalling and remove the defender ship from the game and send us all a message “we won’t insult your intelligence anymore with a load of pathetic reasonings on why defender needs no adjustments we just hate defender ships and don’t care about the players who actually play and use the ships, our stats tell us it’s good by our standards which is useless so now we will remove it from the game.” I will accept and respect that more than the blatant nerfing of defenders while constantly buffing yellow boats! A -5% to Tesla shield hp is nothing when they have hp perks to balance it out and so much damage is absorbed by those shields but nothing counts to weapons achievements or stats when busting those bubbles. Oh and let’s give enforcer the best agility in the game even more than speeders execellent logic!

The way this should have worked is what the stats were for max agility for each ship pre update was the max, but you could adjust your preference for ship turning and turret independently through options such as camera sensitivity. But to give players who use rudder or lube less agility then when they had those items is not fair especially if those items were not maxed! To have an enforcer with 120 rudder and turret is ludicrous, all ships should have the max and be adjustable not a select few ships gets buffed!

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
  5. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

Your missing a big point here. You are a DEFENDER, a tank. You aren’t supposed to be moving around like an old Enforcer...

I understand it was “perfect”, but for the balance of the game it’s not how it should be. Defenders shouldn’t be agile. I’m fine with turret speed however.

6. Dirty Boathole

Dirty Boathole Member

I am having trouble understanding how this change for Gatling Gun is justified without a drastic increase to cooldown and an increase to 2 weapon slots. The only Gatling Gun stats I have available are for American Marauder's level 40 Epic w/four Epic damage perks (15 rounds, 100.5 damage/round, 7.0 second cooldown, 30.8 range, 38.5 projectile speed, DPS of 210, and 1 slot point) that also negates Defense. There seems to be a wide disparity when I compare the level 40 Epic Gatling Gun to my own level 41 Legendary Explosive Cannon w/two Epic event perks + 2 Epic fire perks (1 round, 2030 damage/round, 14.4 second cooldown, 30.0 range, 21.5 projectile speed, DPS of 140, and 2 slot points) that will still be reduced for defense. I understand there will be some minor training offsets, but these are most likely minor since I am also at a Captain level of 50. If the stats that I listed above seem fairly comparative, then you must have simply overlooked the fact that this is a Tier 4 Epic being compared to a Tier 5 Legendary. If I use only DPS totals and the 14.4 second cooldown of Explosive Cannon to measure the "strength" of these 2 weapons, this equates to damage totals of 3,024 for the level 40 Epic Gatling Gun and 2,016-Defense for the level 41 Legendary Explosive Cannon. Can anyone seriously tell me with even the slightest honesty that these bloated stats are justified on a 1 weapon slot item that has a very high hit rate probability?

7. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

We have been asking all along for turret buffs for defenders to be able to be competitive we are so easy to hit in defender we have no chance against super agile ships, defenders melt quickly because of their size.

#CK, SlayerofSergeants and SgtSwamp like this.
  8. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

That’s higher than my legendary level 30 standard cannon at 810 a shot every 5 seconds. Also significantly higher than level 50 epic blast cannons too.

9. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

While I understand this is the logical reaction, bigger isn’t always better. Defender now moves like an old Enforcer and now Enforcer is a nightmare to control. I am finally giving other ships a try as I main Enforcer and Defender is probably going to be my go to... the ship you criticize as being nerfed by this update. A tank that is agile?? Sign me up.

This Is Me and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  10. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

Absolutely agree. Turret speed is the buff I think Defenders have needed for quite some time. But Defender still needs to feel like a Defender imo.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

Yes but they nerfed the defender turret now to below what I had with a leg 10 gear lube 3 epic perks and training defender max turret I believe was 71.3 now it’s capped at 50, to fix handling issues on enforcer pm and I will guide you how to fix it with camera joystick and options and it will be insanity.

12. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

You are ryt. It does feel less.

13. Memo714

Memo714 New Member

Plz add more agility to defender I dont want a speeder running circles around me and not being able to hit him do to his agility vs defenders agility way to slow

BBayer likes this.
  14. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    you want to completely destroy one ship...
    speeder is supposed to be assassin and to be able to out-run slower turrets
    defender is supposed to be tank, so it should have drawbacks, it has highest hp and defence, so it should be slower, bigger and less agile

BattleRascal and BasedCarpen like this.
  15. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

So what you are saying is you can’t hit a defender from a mile away, and your yellow items and ship attributes are completely useless if a defender has a faster turret. So let’s just remove defender from the game , wait let’s not stop there make a speeder have 10 weapons 0 global cool downs no that’s not enough let have stuns last for 10 hours and let’s speeders have 20k hp 20k defense 10x current speed and agility too. I love how yellow boats complain about a defender hp yet never play a defender. A defender has a hit box size double a shooter where as a speed has the smallest hit box size in the game, A speeder has access to nitro and overboost to cover distance fast and can dodge plenty of shots, a speeder can stun use a shield that absorbs all damage before it breaks and ship becomes stunned for 4 seconds where unfriends has to have lightning fast reflex to even remotely get a second shot. A speeder has far superior turning agility that they can circle any ship and work those turrets. Defender is at a huge disadvantage being so big that it’s easier to drop them before you drop a yellow boat without shields or stuns. So let’s be fair and let’s be honest for once defenders need some love in the form of agility boost to its turrets. My turret was much faster when I had my gear lube at level 10 now my turret is slower and capped yet every ship has an increase on their turrets and agility. You don’t want defenders to have increased agility fine then have devs remove speeders agility and make it somewhat a little more fair then the current atrocity that has been done to defenders. Look at the global top 50 pre-update and post update 2-3 defenders in top 50 maximum and quite possibly 10 defender mains in nightmare league out of 2100.

BBayer likes this.
  16. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Aren’t defenders supposed to have weaknesses?

Shadow Moon! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  17. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

It’s weakness is it’s size, it’s slow turret it’s slow turning speed, it’s speed how much more weakness can it take before it becomes extinct?

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  18. Jenarall

Jenarall Member

That’s what they called it? A “Bug”, they’re not even going to admit they were wrong? Lol. Is there a way to refund all of the money you spent in this game? Clearly this isn’t a game I would’ve ever spent any money on.

19. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

speeder's only real defense was speed, now it's useless as form of defense because everyone can hit speeder easily

why?

stun is usually almost instantly removed by teammate's shot, I stated something and you responded with sarcasm:rolleyes:

please don't use these generalisations, they're not true
    I played all ships before I chose enfo, I was able to win 1v3 against shooters and get highest damage and pentakill with defender, it's all about tactics
    defender was supposed to be tank-highest hp and defence points, mediocre firepower, that was balanced by biggest hitbox (although it was probably too big), lowest agility and speed, that could be imho fair, if they made some little adjustements
    it's SPEEDer...it's supposed to be fastest and most tricky boat, that is is balanced by lowest hp, defence points, firepower (tied with mk6 and 7 fixers)
    only maxed epic and legendary shields with hp perks were/ are really op, other shields should break after one shot (and it is supposed to absorb all excessive damage), if 4 seconds are not enough for you to react, then I don't know...
    nope:rolleyes:
    enfo is more agile and they were able to circle around thanks to their speed, not due to their agility
    btw, it was possible to kill speeder even when he was circling around you
    they're tanks, highest hp etc.
    they need to be the biggest ships
    I agree that pre-update agility of defender was low, but this is way too much and balance breaking
    the problem is, that gear lube was optional and trust me, defender with lube was nightmare of speeders, now it's just...
    I want defenders to have higher agility than before update, but this is too much
    speeders were agile even before update, why further nerf them?
    I guess that there are more than 10 defender mains in nightmare, problem is, that damage in nightmare is too high so defenders' high hp is not an advantage

20. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Devs hate defenders so much that it’s funny.

JediKnight1968 and CHUCK NORRIS like this.