1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Rovio... How clueless are you?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by jhaneyzz, 6 Sep 2018.

1. jhaneyzz

jhaneyzz Member

a Gatling gun special event?
    Are you serious?
    Do you not even READ these forums?

A. Strongly suggesting that everyone purchase a weapon released 2 freaking days ago is absurd.
    B. It is well documented that nearly everyone considers the weapon COMPLETELY USELESS is adding insult to injury.

How can you be so clueless? “Let’s release a weapon that makes us look like fools... not address the negative feedback.... AND for good measure, soak this whole mess in napalm and light it on fire by having a SPECIAL EVENT to celebrate! Whooo hooooo, Yager shots for everyone at the version release party!!!”

Read the feedback..
    Apologize
    Fix the disaster that this release has become.

2. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

While a bit strongly worded, you're right that this is very bad timing for such an event.
    The only people this event is good for (at the moment) is:
    • Freshly made accounts (mk1-mk2) level, who can buy a T1R or similar, and still have it be effective.
    • Youtubers who got a T4E for free (to demonstrate the weapon for the rest of us).
    For all other players it's all useless, unless they somehow lend us a gatling.

3. jhaneyzz

jhaneyzz Member

Thanks for responding Capt.
    I guess it is a bit strongly worded. I can’t help myself, I love this game. I’ve played it every day pretty much since it was launched.

I hate to see so many players threatening to quit, or already quitting because of the poor decisions just made, and then, before we hear anything from Rovio to address the torrent of complaints, they throw fuel on the fire with a bonehead move like this... I don’t get it.

Full disclosure: I admit that I actually PURCHASED an epic Gat (let the heckling begin) before doing the math and realizing that it is effectively worthless except on beginner vessels.

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The weapon isn’t completely useless anymore. It has been buffed (more damage, and ignores defence), plus receives further buff for event.

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Some people who got free ones have never even made a youtube video. For example, Banderas. He has never made a single youtube video, yet he gets a free one. Yea he is the biggest spender in the game, but there are other big spenders too. Was a completely biased giveaway

6. Kraimer

Kraimer New Member

Agree. Idea behind next event is terrible.
    It is not too late to change it!

Mimmel likes this.
  7. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking. It's so funny. They could have thrown a rare Gatling gun or 2 for each players at least like 5-8 days before starting this event lol

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Agreed... It would take me a month to build a level appropriate Gatling Gun.. And that's assuming every weapon combine between now and then was a Gatling Gun. Seems this event is just for Devs and YouTubers

9. jhaneyzz

jhaneyzz Member

As I just posted in another of my threads railing on the Gat...
    Now that it is not affected by Defence... to quote Rosanna Bananadana: "Never mind..."

10. jhaneyzz

jhaneyzz Member

Now that the event is rolling and i've cashed in some battle coins, from my personal experience, the rewards are wildly skewed towards delivering Gat perks.
    Given that, all my blustering aside, I went ahead and bought a Gat, this is great... Fire perk is exactly what was needed to make this a relevant weapon.

It might just turn out to be like the Missile Launcher... my least favorite weapon.... until it became Freakin Awesome!

11. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    No the weapon still isn't ready for battle. Too slow. But i love that the event last 7 days. You don't have to use a gatling gun to enjoy what the event has to offer. You're post is obnoxious.

StrictSalmon307 and Lucent like this.
  12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Unlike the fire event, using a Gatling gun actually puts you at a disadvantage due to it not being leveled up, so if you didn’t have a Gatling gun you would be at an advantage.

13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Yes, 7 day event is a good idea. I guess this is the developers' way of trying to "calm the masses" after the update.
    It also gives people 7 days more to get used to the new agility they have forced upon us.

Reorge likes this.
  14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It would be even better if no star hoarder quests appeared during the event.

Nikkie! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    I have an Epic T5 - Level 50

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  16. Kraimer

Kraimer New Member

And u happy with performance?

17. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Isn't gs matchmaking skewed towards red items? I bring a T3 rare gat to the battle, my enemies tend to be Mk5 and Mk6 rather than the usual Mk6 and Mk7 battles I get. The gat is pretty decent for its low level. The event buff brings my level 30 rare gat's damage up to about 15x80, about 1200 total damage, only 200 less than my level 50 epic blast. This event is a great way to start working on the achievements.

StrictSalmon307 and Aether_Zero like this.
  18. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

Wait what Youtubers gets a T4 Epic GG for free did I saw thaat rught??:confused:

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  19. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Not really, no. It's too slow to unload the damage. I would cut it down to 8 rounds, which is two rotations of the barrel and almost double the damage. I would cut the time to unload the clip by half.

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. American Marauder

CEO of The Skins Factory
    10 or 11 of us did get one.