1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

CRS is just odd. If you have "reverse" on you can press UP to chase an enemy in your center screen and find yourself moving backwards, unexpectedly at a fraction of your max speed. That's essentially why the backward button is disabled by default; there's no more need to go backward when your ship can do a 180 in an instant. With CRS, steering now requires both thumbs (one for camera view and one for direction) which demotes aiming because you are now out of thumbs. IMO, steering was perfectly fine before with one thumb. CRS feels like a hack of a hack to solve a problem that no one really had.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

People didn't use rudder because it took the spot of a more essential gearpiece. But the agility they gave to us now was so high that rudder was nothing compared to it. Do you remember the caps for each ship in the case of rudder? They were 61.5° if I remember correctly, on my speeder. Giving it a sudden buff that went ABOVE even what a max rudder would be capable of, is going too far.

Flint and PallabKumarS like this.
  3. Wargle

Wargle New Member

Dang - baby steps! Yes, agility sucked, and thanks for addressing that, but not sure having way too much is really an improvement.

The three stooges was already a terrible weapon. Now it’s useless. People used to be able to just steer between them, now they can do figure 8’s around them.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I don't like CRS one bit, the standard controls are far superior and I'm very glad there is a toggle option, I just feel bad for new players that decide to stick with CRS. It makes movement feel so awkward.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

I tried that, and damn u right

PallabKumarS and PastelPiku like this.
  6. Digvijay Sambyal

Digvijay Sambyal New Member

Have you guys checked upon the users response to this updte of yours? It sucks. The game is going to die unless you do something about the agility thing.

VantaBlack likes this.
  7. PastelPiku

Security
    I got used to the high agility quick as it was my specialty, but getting used to everyone having max agility is going to take some time, my whole blind spot tactic has been rendered unviable. Playing speeder is still doable but it feels less exciting when getting close is so much more risky now. When I see another speeder while I'm playing any other ship, aiming at them is so easy, their speed just isn't enough. Either nerf turret agility or buff speeder in some way, I'm picking up speedforcer since agility was my forté and they're the agility masters now.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Even I picked up the speedforcer lol, it's become much more viable now. Stand by for my YT video:D

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. Hexxed

Hexxed New Member

Well, just cancelled my VIP. Been playing and paying for well over a year and I feel this update negates any time and work I put into it. Hated the event that lead to this and tried every conceivable option from CRS to lowering camera speed and nothing feels good.

I’m fully onboard for boosting Rudder and Turret because I did feel they were a tad low without but this update went from a 10 to a 90 when a 20 or 30 would have sufficed.

Devs need to give people an option. A simple slider allowing us to lower turning or turret speed would solve everyone’s problem and let the newbies have their camera assisted turning and the veterans their old boats back.

If this becomes the new normal, just like half my guild, I’m looking for a new game to spend my time and money on.

Ænima, Lord Chemist and DJGIBSON like this.
  10. DJGIBSON

DJGIBSON New Member

yes We agree with you. .

11. TheAntiSnipe

Also, look at this LOL

PallabKumarS, #CK and PastelPiku like this.
  12. PastelPiku

Security
    Lol and you thought my speeder could turn on a dime before. Now my enforcer circles are about the same diameter as a proton.

Elothean and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. DJGIBSON

DJGIBSON New Member

We can no longer play, our weaponry technique is gone, the control of the game is very hard, so it can not be done with good weapons in the past. Ultimately, the functionality of all the players in the game has diminished, and this is clearly seen. Please return the agility of the boats.

14. DJGIBSON

DJGIBSON New Member

Instead of clearing my message, try to fix this ridiculous update. I say I have to return the agility of the boats to normal. All players agree with me. Why do you delete my message? Why ? No one is accountable? Most of my friends removed the game for this new update. Why are you not responding? This game is very important to me and you do not care about our comments.

15. DJGIBSON

DJGIBSON New Member

What in the hell were the developers thinking while going for the latest updates? Removing the agility and turret speed cap? That was the only thing that differentiated the class of ships we were using. Now there is no difference between a defender and an enforcer except for the yellow item slots. plz very fast is fix it ..

16. PastelPiku

Security
    I doubt I'm the first to say this but we've probably never needed an event more badly than we do now. It can give us a chance to upgrade our gatling guns a little bit and also for players to practice their movement and stuff without facing infamy penalties. How about a 0-defense event that makes all gatling guns T5 epic or something.

VantaBlack, PallabKumarS and #CK like this.
  17. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

The amount of members responded to this update is just insane. Lol. This just tells us how bad the update really is. :oops:

18. .nebuchadnezzar.

.nebuchadnezzar. New Member

I have been playing this game for over a year and they have been making incremental improvements and balances to the game. Now all of a sudden they have made massive changes to the whole dynamic of the game and balancing. I dont think i have ever played a game with such drastic changes in a version that was a decimal place 3.2.

This feels like version 4.0

19. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I think it is a good idea and I think you are wrong. Because someone like to play with max agility, does not make him or her a better player. I have seen people with epic rudders who still lost big time.

I agree there shouldn't be too many options, but you forget we had a choice before to want more agility with a rudder or lube, so why then all of a sudden it is now a bad idea to have a choice again is beyond me.

Choice is good, everybody is different!

Best wishes,
    Flint

PallabKumarS and Dobson like this.
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Why is there no reaction of the Devs at all in this matter? Now so many people don't know which direction they are going or even if they agree with us at all.

Please, break the silence Devs. It will be good to keep your players updated with your thoughts and what your plans are. This way you alinate a lot of people and it is true many people are thinking of leaving, which would be sad indeed. I don't want to leave, but I am dizzy after every battle and that is just no fun at all. And no, I am not the only one. I have talked to more people who experience the same problem.

The only reason I won several battles is that I am all over the place and nobody is able to hit me :D, it has little to do with skill.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 6 Sep 2018
    PallabKumarS likes this.