1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Update Info !

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 5 Sep 2018.

1. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

I see how it is. Defender finally gets a buff and y’all mad because we’re wrecking you like we always should have been. Lol. Please devs if you do change it back, leave Defender like this! I really don’t want to go back to sacrificing hp for agility. Thanx

XQT, Sidd gamer and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  2. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Don't bother on suggesting them to gain feedback from us as the stakeholders.

It has been advocated across numerous months and they not choose to listen.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

No Time 2 Battle likes this.
  3. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

I’m one of those who is “mad” and I think Defender is good. Needs to be dialed back a tiny bit because it is supposed to be a TANK and not supposed to be able to do 360s in a second. The issue is that ships that already had decent agility are now way over the top. I typically play all my games at the highest sensitivity (when they can be adjusted) and even I think it’s too much on some of the ships. Almost makes you dizzy. I could get used to probably every ship, but Enforcer at this point. Guess I should start building out my Fixer and Defender...

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the players that like the change are not Shooter like me... I'll go through my impressions boat by boat:

Shooter - Managing to coordinate aim of 5 weapons with a squirrelly ship is very tough. All-mortar ships are likely unaffected, maybe torp ships as well who also stay off in the distance. Direct-engage ships like mine are tough to manage with my boat getting in the way of aiming short to mid range.

Speeder - It is likely improved, only a couple weapons to manage, and a ship which relies on agility makes this change an overall benefit.

Defender - Also likely improved because there are only 3 weapons to manage. The boat was already slow and Defender users tended to love Rudder anyhow, this is a good thing. Additionally, IMO, Defender should have always had high turret speed as part of its defense.

Enforcer - The TS nerf is significant but not huge. There are only 3 weapons to manage, unless you have TB/Frost then this boat may start to become difficult like Shooter.

Fixer - Extra agility for selfish Fixer is probably a buff. For a Fixer with 4 aim items, it probably starts getting more challenging.

Tell me your impressions based on the boat you main.

5. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Personally I run an Enfo main (Mk6) but dabble with shooter and speeder.
    I love the new stats tbh, the squirrelly feeling of the boat needs a lot more concentration than before, but it's easily managed. I run swift, sniper and blast cannons now (working towards a t2 leg sniper) with a Tesla Bolt, Nitro and Ob.
    I love how twitchy it's become, and dancing has never been easier. Pretty sure I had a game earlier where I didn't take a single hit.
    There should be an option though as to how much rudder and lube effect there can be though.. I think that would solve a lot of the bitchiness on the forums tbh

Dobson and JoshW like this.
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I play an enforcer main and run TB, OB, Turbo and shield. Weapons vary based on quests. I typically play mid to short range hit stun and run tactics (This also varies based on engagement scenario). Personally I adapted quick to the change because I would switch boats often (all are now mk5) depending on how I want to play and if I'm in a fleet. Lack of shield drops left my enforcer very weak (4.3k hp) compared to the master 1 and ace 3 cast offs I would encounter on the bay. The increased agility benefited me by allowing me to dodge those heavy hitting weapons that would drop my hp to half with one hit especially when they were blind fired across the map (big torp). I will occsionally use a flare BC combo to do more damage since I can be sunk fairly easily. These weapons are a little harder to use (the community asked for a nerf to this combo) but not impossible with the right positioning. I never run TS so no comment on that nerf. Thank you for reading :)

Aether_Zero likes this.
  7. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

The depth of the strategy comes from slowness. Plz change agility and turret speed back to normal.

8. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

And enfo? This is unplayable too!

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  9. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

I want it back again!!!!

kHALeeZy and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  10. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I think one of the reasons there is such outcry, is that nobody likes it, except for a select few that enjoy this type of faster bumper-boat gameplay. Less strategy, more maneuverability.
    As a main speeder, I am wish-washing across the bay. Enlarging the joystick helped and reducing the camera sensitivity, but it is far from the same controlled game it was before. I feel much less in control. The only reason everyone might still be seeing 50% win rates, is that EVERYONE else is in the same position dealing with this. When using cannons, my hit % is way down. When using mines, my turret moves so quickly that many times when I try to flick a mine, my turret swings too far and I throw it out of place, and mine positioning is EVERYTHING. If I have to wait to reload a mine so it's place correctly, or stop and wait for my turret to turn back I may have taken 2 x 1000+ pt cannon hits.
    I can see how all boats are having problems, shooters and defenders may be able to track speeders better, but at the cost of worse accuracy overall.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

If you devs need a agile boat, just make a new kind of boat. Except for the tesla shield, the game balance was almost perfect. And it was a strategic game. Don't make it a mere game.

12. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

I’m glad you guys are at least confirming that this last update made it extremely harder to aim. I don’t mind the ship agility, I just don’t like my turret jumping from enemy to enemy all spazzy lol.

13. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Okay then Gatling is useless for the time being.

Any weapon capable of generating 0 damage against any boat is not a viable weapon. I have never done 0 damage with a T4 Epic Carronade, but did with the T4 Epic Gatling. Also you actually have to hit all your shots to do that damage number you mentioned. That's going to be rare i think. A blast will deliver it in one shot.

I would have hoped that my video yesterday that even against a shooter with a moderate amount of defense, proved how weak this weapon is. I guess it will sit in inventory.

The obvious solution is to say these use armor-piercing rounds or depleted uranium which renders Defense null. I mean you changed the dynamics of how a RailGun works which does way more damage as it leaves the turret and less in the distance. Right now the gatlin gun is useful for Challenger league. Since you guys boosted defense just recently with Event Shield Perks, i literally did 0 damage against an Defender with a level 40 T4 Epic...

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
    Dobson and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Not to mention defence negates over 50% of that max damage making the gatling more equivalent to a standard cannon than a blast cannon. It's much easier to land one standard cannon shot every ~5 seconds than 15 shots every ~15 seconds

15. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Look at my video. My Gatling does 78 per hit. A defender with 78 defense or higher means zero damage. Why would anyone deploy a weapon that does no damage to an enemy?

PallabKumarS and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  16. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I saw the video and I agree with you. I just think it's laughable that they used blast cannon as a reference point.

17. sea31

sea31 Member

This is the one thing in the update that confuses me. I 100% understand doing testing, throwing a weapon out there, watching the numbers and adjusting accordingly - you can test a weapon as much as you want but you have to see how it does in the wild to make it better. But to have a weapon that does zero to practically-zero damage...how did that get through testing? Anyone who grabbed this gun and didn't have one gifted clocked the issue the first time they connected a hit with it. If anything, it should've been overpowered and easier to obtain and then scaled back after the first few weeks. The excitement for this thing was very real, so it has to be disappointing for the team to see that cave in so quickly.

18. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

I have to say this is one of my least favourite update. To the point I may have to call it a day
    Why crank it up to 11?
    A boost was needed but now a massive portion of the skill has been removed. Torps and mortars are easily dodged, it’s pointless trying to lead shots due to turning speed and everyone is in full on YOLO mode.
    As a fixer every thing can easily hunt you down and fire at you when you get spotted since they can do a 180 turret spin in just over 1 second.
    There is no commitment in your decision anymore as you can quickly spin around and run away.
    It just feels like your playing with a bunch of kids on a mega sugar high.

Speeders and enforcers should be easily able to run circles round slower ships without quickly becoming in turret range.
    A sneak attacker should be able to get up close before the enemy can spin round to retaliate.
    A defender should not be able to do a handbrake turn round a corner before charging in to a group.

Why not do a 30% boost to base stats and go from there? Or at least the option to tone it down would be nice.

19. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Finally!!!!! Maybe there's 10% of Hope!
    Then.

20. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

I use an epic t1 level 10 gatling gun , and its perfect aganist speeders , fixers , and enfos! :)

Not a lot of damage , but it works!