1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

With this update, the devs have showcased an astounding lack of understanding of their own game

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Epicular, 5 Sep 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They won't switch back. The game will lose players and they will come up with something else gimmicky to flash in front of us and not address the fundamental issue of individual dynamic gameplay

PastelPiku and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  2. RealChampion

RealChampion Member

Rovio must seek people like Epicular to be Advisers to the Battle Bay developer team,otherwise this beautiful awesome game can be the thing of the past pretty quickly.
    Reading that post was one of the most lovely experiences I've on these forums.

Listen Rovio Listen to these suggestions and take appropriate action.

Mmm.... Let's just hope they even go through this thread.... :(

- Legendmind

3. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

My only issue with the slider is that certain boats are SUPPOSED to behave in a certain manor. A tiny increase would have probably made the game more fun while maintaining that uniqueness, but what we got was a 200% increase. I fully expect Defenders to love it and Enforcers to hate it because we jumped SO far in agility. Defenders are now the old Enforcers, while Enforcers are almost uncontrollable. I’d rather maintain that uniqueness rather than having to nerf certain ships down with a slider to other ships levels just so that they are playable.

4. Catcat

Catcat Member

Devs, learn from this. Seriously.

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

The developers do not seem to be working on the "Slider Option", according to the post by Grim Repair, we are going to get a BattleBay imposed re-distribution of agility/turret speed in a fashion that they see fit.
    The problem with the slider option, is that now you are taking what was an Earned/Paid skill and giving it to certain ships for free. These skills were something that you could decide to gain by sacrificing weapon damage/ship health or speed. This was a fair trade-off and the ships were pretty well balanced. By bringing a slider option, the ships or players that benefit from more agility no longer have to sacrifice damage/speed/health to get it. This is why the combined Rudder/Gear lube item was the best solution for everyone.

If these developers are the sames ones that designed the game from the beginning, I can't imagine that this adjustment to gameplay was their decision. I have a gut feeling that tells me that this decision to fundamentally change the game, in the hopes of attracting more new players with faster/less-skill based gameplay, came down from Rovio corporate offices. They probably looked at the revenue from the last couple quarters and decided they wanted things "shaken up" at BattleBay. I just seriously can't fathom the current development team(who are players themselves) deciding that this was a good idea.

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Funny seeing people who got free gat guns defending this horrendous update. I'll leave this here for good measurement
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

7. Joey who

I think devs should delete the subforum called "suggestions". It obviously serves no real purpose

8. sea31

sea31 Member

There are things in here that I disagree with, and some I agree with, but it feels like talking about the specifics is beating a dead horse here. The one thing I want to to focus on is this:
    I agree with this not only because it's common sense, but because of the different opportunities the team has in front of them. It's obvious that this is a small team, so why not use things like events to your advantage? If it's clear that the evolution of the game is to remove rudder and turret, why not host a week-long event where the agility speeds change each day? Say "Hey everyone, we're thinking of changing these speeds and want feedback both from data and from you directly. Please play a little every day and let us know your thoughts in the forum". Why not create an event around the new gun where everyone has the same version of the gun to test it out and give feedback?

Whether it's software or games or whatever else, people love feeling like they're on the ground floor of things. Even if you take in the feedback and don't use a majority of it, people are far more ok with it because they feel involved. T

9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What if its purpose is to get all the suggestions out of the forums that they actually read?

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Exactly why I described this update as "New Coke"

11. Joey who

So none?

NeptuneGaming and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  12. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

Incredibly thoughtful and articulate post. The fundamentals of the game (proper positioning, the manner in which weapons interact with boat movement, etc.) have been drastically changed. I think we all could appreciate a minor increase in agility (20-40% increase) if devs felt removing gear lube and rudder was the appropriate decision. But a 3X increase is insane. Some of the current agility levels are even above the levels you could previously obtain with tier 5 legendary gear lube and rudder. As a result it's an entirely different game, and I for one would say not a better game.

We no longer have Battle Bay. We now have Bumper Boats.

13. guykakin

guykakin Member

well said OP, its a slippery slope, what will go next? carronade? not too many players use carronade.... defender? its the least used ship... higher level players don't often use mortars, lets chuck those... when players weren't using frost launcher they buffed/unerfed it, didnt toss it...

and game dynamics have definitely changed, from what I've seen the game isn't faster paced as players are hanging back and lobbing area damage torps/mortars as they can't trust their ship movements or the accuracy of their point weapons

and +1 for sensitivity sliders, its an enforcer, not a fidget spinner!

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
  14. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

15. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I wanted to reach 5k infamy as a gear lube shooter ,and @PastelPiku wanted to reach NML as a rudder speeder ,
    they killed our dreams.:(.

16. guykakin

guykakin Member

gear lube shooter would be a great weapon, would spray a fountain of lube everywhere and increase unfriends weapon rotation by (another) 2000%...
    would also help the economy of the game, maybe KY would buy some ads

Sidd gamer likes this.
  17. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Omg Such a thoughtful and perfectly written post ! Thank you so much for putting your time into this. If there was a way to like this post hundred times i would have done it in a heartbeat lol. You're the real MVP !
    The Peoples that liked the update and are telling others to better adapt to the new agility are the ones that are really selfish and ignorant, those who sucked at countering yellow boats. Of course they liked it because it made it easier for "them" to dodge and all but they didn't try thinking deeply bout the drastic changes its gonna bring cuz they don't even care.
    They be like "Wow I can easily dodge any mortars and torpedoes now yay ! Great update !" These brain-dead people needs to understand that getting used to the new agility is not the only issue smh

18. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Some very valid points! I really would appreciate an explanation for their decision to max out agility, because they really didn’t provide a solid answer. You’re right that an option to adjust your mobility would kinda help, but the max agility that ships can turn up to right now is insane. RIP speeder mains too

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  19. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Well said, this game is ultimately FOR the players, and using polls and stuff to balance items would not only make he game more fun, it would make the job of the devs easier.

20. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

20180905_200923.jpg
    All mk2 ships
    20180905_194853.jpg
    Just thought you needed to see this, i can take a thousand more snaps, if you insist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.