1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove torpedos from the game..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Cpt.urdad, 5 Sep 2018.

1. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

After the last update 3.2 , torpedos are now useless since even a defender can dodge with out a problem.. i suggest a decrease in ship agility and turret speed by 50/60% or removing torpedos from the game..game right now is unplayable for me and many others.
    Thanks.

2. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Mortars too. The whole game is off. Feels cheap

3. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Since defenders are the next least used item in the bay, compared to the prior lube and rudder, i say get rid of defenders! Then they cant dodge torps at least :D

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I say everyone plays defender.

Valkhadin likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'm having no problems using my swift torp post update

JoshW likes this.
  6. Lucent

Lucent New Member

Have you tried increasing your torpedo projectile speed?

7. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

Increase speed will result in less dmg output
    Also i have a hard time hitting enforcer and defender with low projectile speed weapon like explosive cannon or flare gun now

8. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I lf this is removed, i think we will lost 1 of double buble natural enemy/cl

9. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

Torps got a speed boost from the update. I've missed more than usual, not because they were dodged, but because I had issues aiming. When I could aim ok, I usually still hit the same percentage. Flare accuracy hasn't changed for me. If there's a dancing enforcer, don't adjust for the dance if you're reasonably close as it'll more likely to hit them unless they stop dancing. If you at or close to full range, don't target a dancing enforcer with a flare gun.

10. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I'm hitting more people than ever with my swift torp since the update tbh, just because you can't get out the way quick enough, or turn into the torps path, doesn't mean they need to be taken out of the game.

Lucent and Hazimi like this.
  11. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I have hit enforcers with big Torps at close range when they were focusing on me , you should learn how to do unpredictable shots so when they move in a normal way to avoid a shot it won't help them ,

https://replay.battlebay.net/NLTGXNPY#FTBFSQGC

12. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

Bro i have been playing big torpedo for over a year now, i have 30mil dmg on it i even use 2 BT on my shooter , you only hit those cuz people aren't used to the new update yet and they probably weren't looking. Soon enough you will understand my point.

13. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

Cuz people aren't used to the new update that's all

14. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

yeah I was lucky but still you can use walls (https://replay.battlebay.net/SJWDWHVR#FTBFSQGC , I was lucky in this match to ,but my point is you still can land them with skill or luck ,but skill is less effective ).
    I know I know, no one wants to see replies but this is the last one :).

Cpt.urdad likes this.
  15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Been hit by a few big torps whike using ob, range is more a factor now. You're less likely to get a random torp hit across the map but they are still effective at mid-close (ish) range

Aether_Zero likes this.
  16. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Nah, I call bullshizz on this. It's been what, 24hours since the update? Should be plenty of time for people to get used to it - I did after like 5 games max...
    As for torpedos being removed from the game, hell no. They take skill to land properly, knowing where to lead, anticipating where folks are gonna pop out of cover etc... If they remove torps, then the game truly is dead. I mean come on, no torpedos in what is effectively a naval war game.... Seriously?!